Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Scrappydo67
    Scrappydo67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat a chocolate bar almost every day, and I snack regularly at night on sweets. I rarely hit my calorie goal and as a result have lost almost no weight. I have NO willpower and don't know how to fix it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I confess today that I had three breakfasts.

My first breakfast was around 5:30-5:45 & it was ice cream, my second breakfast was at 7:00 & was my Cake Batter Oatmeal, & my third breakfast was on my first break & it was chicken.

d96d2d99dcacdb37087856633416f644.jpg

I like your style!

Tell me more of this cake batter oatmeal please

Ingredients in my Cake Batter Oatmeal

1. 1 Scoop of Musclepharm Birthday Cake Protein Powder

139449_1.jpg

I've found this protein powder is very thick & I feel it's what allows this to become dense like a cake.

2. 1 scoop Quaker Oats Quick Oats

3. I've used Almond & Cashew milk & usually just use around 2.80-3.00 ounces of liquid

I put this in the microwave for around a minute & 30 seconds, & it usually comes out dense like a cake.

The one day I had to use water at work since my milk leaked out of my container & it turned out as hard as a brick. A coworker thought I was eating a Rice Krispie treat :D:D:D.

I'm so tempted to buy so of that protein powder now....

ETA: Luckily, i do not appear to be able to get this in the UK

I was just about to check that out myself. Damn

You are coming to America and it's sold a GNC. (Yes, I am an enabler.)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    This is pretty embarrassing but I can eat an entire jar of nutella in one sitting (750g). If it didn't make me fat, I would eat a jar a day.

I have never purchased Nutella...or cookie butter. I think I'll keep it that way, because I suspect I could also eat the entire jar in one day with a spoon. I've already confessed I've done that with cream cheese frosting before.

*Starts drooling
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options

My first breakfast was around 5:30-5:45 & it was ice cream, my second breakfast was at 7:00 & was my Cake Batter Oatmeal, & my third breakfast was on my first break & it was chicken.

I like your style!

139449_1.jpg

I've found this protein powder is very thick & I feel it's what allows this to become dense like a cake.

3. I've used Almond & Cashew milk & usually just use around 2.80-3.00 ounces of liquid

I put this in the microwave for around a minute & 30 seconds, & it usually comes out dense like a cake.

The one day I had to use water at work since my milk leaked out of my container & it turned out as hard as a brick. A coworker thought I was eating a Rice Krispie treat :D:D:D.

I believe it's also sold on bodybuilding.com.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I eat a chocolate bar almost every day, and I snack regularly at night on sweets. I rarely hit my calorie goal and as a result have lost almost no weight. I have NO willpower and don't know how to fix it.

You're not alone.

I need to get my calories & eating back in check!

I am going to look into the volumetric eating style since I need volume to feel full.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@Scrappydo67 I make room for chocolate/ice cream every night. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goal for the day. If I tried to cut out sweets, I would freak out and eat ALL THE THINGZ! I think knowing that I can have some every night helps me be satisfied with a small amount. It's usually about 200 calories worth, unless I have more calories to spare.

I saw something on a different thread that I thought was awesome and started using. It's a question matrix to decide if you should eat something.

1. Have I had this before? If yes, is it super delicious? Do I have the calories for it? Can I have it again in the future?
    2. If no, does it look super delicious? Do I have the calories for it? Can I have it again in the future?

If I have the calories and it's super delicious, have it! Don't waste calories on things that are mediocre. If you can have it again in the future, and you don't have calories left, then promise yourself that you will bank some calories so you can have some later. If it's super delicious, you don't have calories, and you can never get it anywhere else ever again, then splurge!

*clapping wildly

I was going to suggest the bolded.

Also...
    ezpbfbula081.gif
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Patricia!! I'm REALLY hoping you guys don't strike! We went through 5 months of it and it was tough!!

Kelly, I was just saying this morning how important it is for me to have that full feeling!! I need lots of food to be satisfied!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I like your style!

139449_1.jpg

I believe it's also sold on bodybuilding.com.

Not the cake batter. I looked last night.
  • Scrappydo67
    Scrappydo67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

@Scrappydo67 I make room for chocolate/ice cream every night. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goal for the day. If I tried to cut out sweets, I would freak out and eat ALL THE THINGZ! I think knowing that I can have some every night helps me be satisfied with a small amount. It's usually about 200 calories worth, unless I have more calories to spare.

I saw something on a different thread that I thought was awesome and started using. It's a question matrix to decide if you should eat something.

1. Have I had this before? If yes, is it super delicious? Do I have the calories for it? Can I have it again in the future?
    2. If no, does it look super delicious? Do I have the calories for it? Can I have it again in the future?

If I have the calories and it's super delicious, have it! Don't waste calories on things that are mediocre. If you can have it again in the future, and you don't have calories left, then promise yourself that you will bank some calories so you can have some later. If it's super delicious, you don't have calories, and you can never get it anywhere else ever again, then splurge!

These are great questions! Good idea to leave myself the calories to use for my sweet fix every day, cuz I know it's going to happen. I also have to up my exercise so I have more calories to work with.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

I like your style!

139449_1.jpg

I was trying not to think of that.

@Lois_1989 Shall I bring you back some too?
  • SuperSaiyanGoddess86
    SuperSaiyanGoddess86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wear a waist trainer vest every single day
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    This is pretty embarrassing but I can eat an entire jar of nutella in one sitting (750g). If it didn't make me fat, I would eat a jar a day.

I have never purchased Nutella...or cookie butter. I think I'll keep it that way, because I suspect I could also eat the entire jar in one day with a spoon. I've already confessed I've done that with cream cheese frosting before.

I just threw out the vegan cream cheese frosting my mom sent me home with this weekend. I was seriously going to do that. It was amazing.

Anyone notice we now have a like and awesome button on here?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I only weigh myself after a gym workout, sans clothes. There are still fluctuations but It feels nice to get all the extra fluid out.

I actually feel my heaviest after a gym workout. The muscles retain water so I always feel fat and bloated. Therefore, I have to weigh myself first thing in the morning after 8 hours of no water/food or I don't weigh myself at all. Sometimes I sneak a peak of my weight before bed with clothes on and food from the day to see the weight difference between the whole day. Sometimes it makes me happy that after food from the day and all my bed clothes that the weight I see used to be the weight I saw first thing in the morning which meant I Was losing weight and it actually made me feel better.

I do this too.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

I like your style!

139449_1.jpg

I was trying not to think of that.

@Lois_1989 Shall I bring you back some too?

If it will fit in your suitcase, I would be very grateful! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Good luck, Patricia!! I'm REALLY hoping you guys don't strike! We went through 5 months of it and it was tough!!

Kelly, I was just saying this morning how important it is for me to have that full feeling!! I need lots of food to be satisfied!

Today I've planned to eat over 800 grams of vegetables.

I might look into one of those spiralizers to use on zucchini & whatever other vegetables people use on the machine.

I think my biggest problem is I gain a lot of workout calories from working with my Fitbit (I range from 2,500-3,300 calories burned per day when I work) & on days I have off I want to still eat the same amount of food.

I'm going to try & stick around 1900-2,000 calories everyday regardless of calorie burn since I find I lose weight around that calorie goal.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I still can't believe no one has commented on the like and awesome buttons.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Verizon is on strike. Off to be a CO Tech!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Have fun being a tech, Patricia, if you cam I hope it doesn't last long, but it will be a break in the routine.
    I have seen the new buttons, but they don't seem to work on my phone. Odd...