Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!

This made me laugh out loud
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Bleh. Today is just bleh. I'm so sick of being stuck in one place with nothing to do, and I'm starting to get weepy and whiny. Poor Mr. Susie.

On a bright note, today I've been able to use my walker twice, so I'm starting to improve a little.

((Hugs)) ❤️ I'm glad you're doing a little better, though!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

This must be so difficult for you. Best if luck getting her the treatment she deserves. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    The current term at Hogwarts has just finished and new enrolments are starting now, for anyone who's interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10206199/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg

LOVE HP <3 I think I'm most excited about London as I get to go to HP world and see all the toursity HP sites like Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station, woot woot!!!
    I thought of you when I posted this! But then I knew you were going away and it might not be the best time to start a challenge.

Good call, I didn't even think of that, whoops! I'm going to enjoy myself while over there but try not to do too much damage :s
    I think I'm going to make you an HP themed food bingo card. It will have things like Treacle Tart and Bertie Botts, plus stuff you can't miss like fish & chips, pork pie and curry.

I know I've said it a lot but serioulsy you are the coolest mom ever!!! Lucky kids you have!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.

I just turned 40 in March and the idea of dealing with a newborn again scares me to the very fiber of my soul...

Confession: I love my son, but I didn't love the newborn/baby stage all the much. The more independent he becomes, the more I like it.

I completely agree about the newborn stage. She will be five in a couple of weeks and is very independent. It has its moments but I wouldn't trade her or that personality. Very sassy. I tell her dad he gets to deal with her as a teenager or I might kill her.

I'm guessing my mom said the same exact thing to my dad too! :p
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Bleh. Today is just bleh. I'm so sick of being stuck in one place with nothing to do, and I'm starting to get weepy and whiny. Poor Mr. Susie.

On a bright note, today I've been able to use my walker twice, so I'm starting to improve a little.

Aw, sorry you're feeling bleh.

Yay! for being able to get around a little bit.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Glad you're doing a bit better today @Susieq_1994 !! Hang in there you can get through this! The thread's not the same without you chiming in!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)

Aw yay!! I love the name Nana, that's what I want to be when I have grandkids too!

Me too! That's what we called both of our grandmothers and that's what my mom wanted to be called by her grandkids. Our son has "Nana and Grampy" (my parents...RIP Mom), "Grandma and Grandpa" (my husband's mom and step dad) and a "MeMe and Pops" (husband's dad and step mom).

Isn't it funny how many different names there are for grandparents? I think I want to be a Mimi when my kid has kids of his own. That's what I called my grandmother.

My mother was called Nanny, I chose Nana. My grandma was grandma.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes <3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    A while back, we were talking about kids and having an only child, I mentioned that I only have the one daughter and got grief about not having more kids. Well, there's more to the story-

When I married my current husband, my daughter was 13 and living pretty much with her dad. I was 42, DH was 37. He had never been married before and wanted children. I got pregnant pretty quickly after we got married. We were ecstatic. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. We were devastated. It didn't help matters that my daughter got pregnant at 14 and it seemed like everyone was having babies but me. (It took me a long time for me to be able to even look at a baby without crying.) By the time we felt like we were ready to try again, it was too late- early menopause. It is still hard for me to talk about, and he is still bitter about it.

I am so sorry you went through this. From first hand experience it really is devastating. It is the loss of hopes and dreams and birthdays and graduations, first steps and weddings. I lost a daughter at 30 weeks. She was stillborn and I still cry on the anniversary I delivered her. I don't know if you are religious but at her funeral the priest told me I have an angel sitting at the right hand side of God who will be whispering in his ear to make sure I am looked after. That thought has brought me a lot of comfort over the years. Coincidentally almost 10 years to the day my son was born
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

For me, that was absolutely true. My dreams were much more vivid, and weird as all get out. Has anyone read Anne Rice's witch series? Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream that I gave birth to a fully grown man (like in those books). Seriously creepy.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm so sorry you are feeling bleh today but hurrah for the little victories!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

This must be so difficult for you. Best if luck getting her the treatment she deserves. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Thank you, Patricia! ❤️

I've had many times where I've just broken down and cried for her, I remember doing that in front of her therapist a few months back before we had to stop it and she hugged me and said "God gives special needs children to special parents for a reason." I always try to remember that when I get depressed or upset about her situation, because God gave me her for a reason, and I know she needs me and her daddy to be strong and help her. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Just_Ceci I'm not the greatest with words so here is a giant hug for you <3 ((((HUGE HUG HERE))))

ETA: I can't spell
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes <3

Thank you! ❤️
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

...I love that shade of blue. :)
    That chair does look pretty good! It reminds me of a better version of a red transport wheelchair Amazon kept trying to recommend me.

Glad to see you are feeling better.

Thanks! I think it looks cool, much nicer than the "standard" hospital grade wheelchairs that we found here when we looked for some. :)

Physically I'm mostly the same, feeling slightly less exhausted and my legs seem to be working a teensy bit better. But mentally I'm in better shape today, I think--it no longer feels as though someone pulled a plug in my brain and drained all of my mental energy out. ;)
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You aren't making it any easier. I am ragingly jealous.

Are you going to unfriend me?! :(

I don't think she would. ;) Just envy you. :p On a side note, I told my husband that I didn't envy you because he's awesomer than Mr. Mo. He laughed. :p

Uh oh it's a battle of the Mr's!

Nah, it isn't a battle. ;) I'm sure @MoHousdon's Mr. is perfect for HER and mine is perfect for ME and we'd hate to have each other's husbands. ;)

He IS perfect for me, but by no means perfect.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear all of this! This happens a lot to lower-income families in Oman who need help paying for therapies from the Social Development sector of the government; the solution, it seems, has always been to make a lot of noise and fuss.

I know a lot about the process in Oman because my mother opened and owns the very first private special needs center in Oman, and she charges fees on a case by case basis. They're a non-profit charity center, and they try to take all children regardless of whether the parents can actually pay for them or not, and she's done a lot of noise-making at the Ministry of Social Development in her efforts to help lower-income families get government funding for the therapies their children need.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Traveling companionskg6oaitv0gyr.jpg