Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    The current term at Hogwarts has just finished and new enrolments are starting now, for anyone who's interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10206199/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg

LOVE HP <3 I think I'm most excited about London as I get to go to HP world and see all the toursity HP sites like Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station, woot woot!!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    The current term at Hogwarts has just finished and new enrolments are starting now, for anyone who's interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10206199/hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg

LOVE HP <3 I think I'm most excited about London as I get to go to HP world and see all the toursity HP sites like Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station, woot woot!!!

@LBuehrle8 I am so jealous. I love love love HP. I just finished rereading the series about a month ago!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg

I thought of you when I posted this! But then I knew you were going away and it might not be the best time to start a challenge.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

- Housework (Please, self, for the love of God, clean this house...)

This made me laugh so hard. ..

lol :p It made my husband snicker, too, when he saw it. I'm happy to report that house-cleaning is under way, and the apartment almost looks like humans live in it now!

... Not that it was a pigsty or anything, but I have a tendency to do a ton of cleaning in one day (like today...) and the house sparkles, then I let it all go downhill for a week or so until there's another ton of cleaning to do. I need to learn to just maintain the shiny! :p

This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

What all does your cleaning service do?

*Waves hello from page 1114*

*Waves back!* Ours does pretty much everything; unload/reload dishwasher, cleans and dusts all surfaces, vacuum, mop, ceiling fans, garbage, all bathrooms, makes our beds (I try to make sure this is already done). They came yesterday, our riding mower has been broken for three weeks and Mr. Kellie tried to fix it but couldn't. Mr. Kellie mentioned it to the cleaning guy (it's a married couple) and cleaning guy says 'oh, I can fix that'. So, he fixed it and Mr. Kellie gave him an extra $50. They also brought us some homemade brew last night! Seriously awesome people!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    OMG guys, I've gotten behind and I just can't catch up/keep up with you guys! I'm sure that I've missed lots of important things lately - I'll try to catch up with you all as soon as I can!

As for me, I've been stressing myself out the past couple of weeks. Work has been insanely busy all of a sudden (and with ill-defined/scoped projects, which has made things stressful). I've been focusing too much on calories, and that's been getting to my head. And the wedding planning... let's just say that we are on track to send out the invitations this weekend, and after that I plan to think about NOTHING wedding related for just a week. That includes ignoring phone calls from family that are bound to be nothing but wedding related - love them all, but need some space. I should have eloped. :neutral:

Otherwise, if it would just stop raining here, I'd be much happier. We've had rain of some quantity everyday for the last 40 days, and when it isn't raining it's miserably hot and humid. I just want to go out hiking and de-stress a bit without the dog getting completely disgusting in the mud, that's not too much to ask right?

Ok, complaining done for the day. Promise! Now I'm off to try to read backwards and see what you all have been up to!

I was wondering where you were! Glad to hear you're okay! I can relate with the focusing on calories and such but not the wedding stuff. I think it's a super great idea you're going to take a break for a few days, I don't know how all you ladies plan weddings and don't go nuts!!

I hope work gets better for you, thanks for updating us with what's going on with you!! And you're always allowed to complain- what we're all here for!! :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX

It can work, its just difficult. Triadic relationships such as ours are rare, because, its generally not easy to find two other people that you fall in love with, who also fall in love with each other.

I think when i say equal, i don't mean equal in terms of how much you love someone, but more, that you view the relationships as equally important. I love both my partners, but for different reasons. I have never tried to quantify it (i love Mrs more than Mr for example). I just know that i love them both, very much. I guess its the same as having more than one child. You generally love them for all their quirks and faults, and don't think i love X more than Y.

He does have issues and we are trying to support him in working on them, he let them slide when he started this new job and we're back to telling him it is essential. I have suggested group counselling, but trying to find a counsellor that can deal with our dynamic is tough.

Staying at starbucks wasn't my first choice, but all the hotels were full, so it seemed the safest option, well lit, toilets, drinks, CCTV. It wasn't like i was going to get a lot of sleep anyway. Next time, i'll book a hotel before storming out ;)

The thing is, when we're all working and pulling in the same direction, our relationships are absolutely amazing, so easy and comfortable. we all get on so well, have such similar views on things and can spend hours having random conversations, about not very much. We've even designed our dream house (for when we win the lottery) to the extent of getting out a laptop and drawing floorplans in paint. We have been friends a very long time and i think perhaps what we have is more a difference in language X means Y to me, but him it means Z. I need to clarify this, and will be doing so this weekend. Equally, when things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.

I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

i am not horrified by any means.
    i'm more concerned with your well being and want to make sure you're ok.
    i admire you, actually. i know i have way too many personal issues (including jealousy) to even try to make that work.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Yay for grandbaby! Do you know her name yet? I confess, I love to know baby names!

Lily Kay - Kay is my middle name and also the one I gave my daughter.

Pretty name and congratulations! Hopefully baby comes soon :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

eqbr6mfl7gp9.jpg

I just filled mine out.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    and I have had it happen where I thought I saw something shadowy outside, turned out to be a squirrel running, etc. so I know the difference.

That gave me the chills just reading it. That kind of stuff freaks me out and if it ever happened to me I would be a total basket case!
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.
    I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...

I don't have one either and my current step count for the day is a whopping 1040 steps. I struggle most days to hit the 3000 mark unless I go shopping or walk the treadmill during lunch.

[/quote]

I have to try really hard to get mine in some days. The last two days I was doing laps of the living room and that is after I went for an almost 40 minute walk when I got home yesterday.

I'm envious of the people who can make steps by walking over to talk to people at the office, taking the stairs more, etc. when they are at work. My office is so small that to go speak to the president of the company (when he is here) it is less than 20 steps. Ditto the restroom. The farthest printer - 6 steps and the photocopier is about 8. I work really hard to be over 3,000 by the end of my work day. And it's all one floor.

If I'm lucky I have to walk to the mailbox a couple times which is about 500 steps round trip. And that only works when it is reasonably warm (not happening at -40) and dry as our yard is unpaved clay.[/quote]

When I started trying to get to 10K late last year, I started parking in the farthest corner of the visitor parking lot. That gets me over 1K steps just getting from my car to my office. Then I make myself walk to the cafeteria 3x a day... for water in AM, lunch at noon, coffee at 3 or so. Then the 1000 steps back to my car. I usually can get 5-6K in just doing this. I will often put soup or tea in the microwave and then walk up and down the 4 flights of stairs right there while its heating up. [/quote]

I do this too. There's only 3 flights but I walk down then back up them while my lunch heats up. I also get up from my desk and take 3 mini walks a day. I work in a huge building so I really should be able to get more steps in than I do.
  • kellienw335
    Options

That's hilarious! So, I'm not a HP fan, but it sounds like lots of fun. Should I try it or pass since I'm not into HP?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

This was not nice. I want this now.

Oops. I'm sorry! :( I figured that since you get all the good ice cream in the United States, you'd be able to get this one or at least one like it. :o

Oh I am sure I can. I just can't. You know? ;)

Makes sense! ;)
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

Way to go POF! I think you did pretty well on your goals, given what life threw (sp? that looks wrong, but I think it's right) at you. Man, three hours of sleep would have me sleeping on the plane rather than dissertating, but way to be a good grad student :)

I like this - are we going to do this here or in the Batcave? I'm sure I'll find out as I catch up this morning, but I'll contribute, too.

Yesterday I just *barely* hit my 10K steps. 100+ weather in the northwest, which is crazy hot for us, it should be 75ish. I was supposed to get a good step count in by walking Wilbur, but he was having none of it. Poor delicate 80 pound baby ;) I did a 3 mile run first thing in the morning and then errands/food prep for the rest of the day.

Today, I've already gotten my SL 5X5 in, and walked to work, will walk home and go to the gym for an Insanity class (supposed to be kickboxing, but swapped out for the month). With Wilbur's mini-walks I should hit about 15K steps.

Is it such a bad thing that I'm picturing you walking an enormous, fat, pot-bellied pig whenever you say his name? Because I totally do, thanks to Charlotte's Web--Wilbur will always be a pig name for me. :p
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!

During iftar, we were talking, and he was like... "Did you see that post?"
    I replied, "What post?"
    He said, "The @SusieQ's husband post!"
    I was like, "No, not yet, I'm not caught up. What was it about?"
    "Apparently the horse lady is demanding that I need to get you a Fitbit right now."

:p

BAHAHAHAH Mr. Susie is funny!

Yup, he is. I'm constantly laughing at him, so much so that he calls me his gigglebox. :p

Random and completely off-topic: With all the housekeeper talk, I wondered if anyone here knows how common it is to have a LIVE-IN maid in the Middle East? Almost every family that's middle income or higher has a housemaid living in their house--it's so popular that houses are built with a "maid's room" in the blueprints! In my family, we grew up having them, but I've always hated it SO MUCH because I really treasure my privacy--she was never allowed to come anywhere near my room or my stuff unless I was supervising, and generally I cleaned and cooked for myself, even when I was living at home. I hate the whole idea of it, and completely banished the idea of a live-in maid as soon as I got married, which my husband thankfully agrees with me about.

Here in Saudi Arabia, since women aren't allowed to drive, almost everyone also has a driver living with them as well--usually in an outdoor room. Driver's rooms are also a very common built-in feature of Saudi Arabian houses.

I'm just curious if this knowledge is commonly-known, or if it's going to surprise everyone. :D

This is definitely not something I knew.

And I really want to get someone to clean every 2 weeks, but my house is in terrible shape right now I'd be mortified. I'm a terrible house keeper.

All of this! My house is a wreck right now and I just can't muster the energy to do anything about it.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

Not horrified! I actually find relationships with multiples, including polygamy, fascinating. It's not for me, but I've researched it quite a bit. The fact that I feel like I kind of know you and really want you guys to be able to work this out and be happy adds a whole new level to my education on the subject. I hope that isn't somehow offensive or insensitive. I'm team Mr Mrs & Ms Orangesmartie all the way!

Me too! I understand this relationship dynamic more than anyone would know. (I have a very private side to me that others do not know about and really fear I would be judged on here if I spoke of it - not to mention this is a public forum and I don't need anyone IRL to know this stuff) The struggles within this type of relationship are real and the love is real too, it is absolutely possible to be in deep love with more than one person at the same time.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!

Ahhh, pregnancy dreams...weird stuff, but that's kinda funny :)
  • kecmw25
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I'm sorry, that must be tough.

Mr. Mo has wanted to have another kid pretty much since Rachael was born. I never wanted to have kids (didn't have the best childhood) when we got married, so having one was more than enough for me. Plus, I was in labor for 27 hours and still ended up having an emergency C-section. The thought of having to go through that again, was too much for me.

While we were on vacation, he asked me why we never had another kid because it makes him sad when he sees a family with a couple kids strolling down the beach or sitting together at a restaurant. I didn't really have a great answer besides the ones mentioned above, and I feel guilty for not having more of his babies (we make beautiful kids :smile: ). Now, we're both in our late 30's and as far as I'm concerned, that ship has sailed, especially with all the SD drama. But I still feel bad for him, but not bad enough to want to have another kid. :wink:

When I married my husband, I had one son and he had three daughters. We never thought of having kids and felt we had enough. I got a dog for our first anniversary; she was our kid ;) . Well fast forward a few years and surprise! at 39 I was pregnant. We weren't trying or trying to avoid it, just happened. I had her after I turned 40. I knew I was done after that, so got that factory shut down. You never know. We love her just as much as any of the others and don't regret a minute of it. After that, his oldest daughter, who is in her 20's, had a little girl about 15 months after we had Olivia. Crazy stuff.

ETA: I put up a pic of little bit on the random pics thread.

I got a puppy for our 1st anniversary too! And I had a baby 1 month after my 40th birthday. We were definitely trying tho. I'm pretty sure we're done. My husband is content with just one but I think his reasoning has to do with how much daycare costs. I would love to have another but I think my age is a problem. Of course the doctor says it's still possible.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @FroggyBug If you can find a local Yarn Shop, there are sometimes informal gatherings of people knitting or crocheting just to be social. There is always someone willing to watch/ give pointers. (My local shop has "Knit Night every Thursday night, just for people to gather and visit while knitting or crocheting.) If you lived closer, I'd teach you how to crochet. I've been crocheting most of my life!

Thanks for the tip. I'll check around. I wish you could teach me haha. :) I REALLY want to learn. I think it would give me something to do when I'm stressed out.

I would suggest getting a crochet hook and yarn and start doing it! There is a book called, "I can't believe I'm Crocheting" that has great illustrations. If you don't want to buy the book, look at videos on you tube. Also this website has some great illustrations and step by step instructions.

I've worked my way through some serious issues with a hook and yarn!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

That's hilarious! So, I'm not a HP fan, but it sounds like lots of fun. Should I try it or pass since I'm not into HP?
    I'd say pass, as it's really popular and there's normally a wait list. Let the fans get in!

There are other challenges I see every now and again - Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games etc. that might be more your thing?

I'm actually not doing the Hogwarts one again next term. It was fun, but I found it demanded a bit more attention than I was prepared to give.

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    A while back, we were talking about kids and having an only child, I mentioned that I only have the one daughter and got grief about not having more kids. Well, there's more to the story-

When I married my current husband, my daughter was 13 and living pretty much with her dad. I was 42, DH was 37. He had never been married before and wanted children. I got pregnant pretty quickly after we got married. We were ecstatic. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. We were devastated. It didn't help matters that my daughter got pregnant at 14 and it seemed like everyone was having babies but me. (It took me a long time for me to be able to even look at a baby without crying.) By the time we felt like we were ready to try again, it was too late- early menopause. It is still hard for me to talk about, and he is still bitter about it.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Funny story since we have been talking about pregnancy. At the urging of my doctor I started taking prenatal vitamins, they have all kinds of benefits that are not just good for pregnancy. I did not tell my husband and he walks into the bedroom the other day, holding the bottle of prenatals he found in the kitchen and says "ummm do I need to be concerned?" bahaha... we are in our 50's! I would DIE!