Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Couer d'Alene is gorgeous, but nowhere near me. :'(

Same state. I can still stop by for cheesecake. I'll let you know when I sign up! Right now I have a 1/2 Ironman in Indiana, an Ironman in WI this year, 4 races to do in FL in Jan, a marathon in TN in April and a mountain to climb in England in July next year...so may need to wait until 2017.

If you're climbing @orangesmartie 's mountain, it's in Scotland. Never confuse England and Scotland in front of a Scot, it won't go down well!

It sure doesn't!! I'm a score hen and bred and I hate being called English (even though I now have an English accent, which I hate....)

Seriously you are Scottish? This is getting better and better. I am 100% Irish BTW.

Yes i am, born and raised in the border town of Hawick, which no one has every heard of, unless they like rugby

Nope, never heard of it. But maybe we can swing by before or after climbing our mountain and check it out!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sigh I pretty much own this page. So for today:

I miss checking in with you guys during the day, I really don't like this posting of stuff all at once, I feel like I miss all the action, but I really do need to focus on work.

Our daily motivations are really starting to work for me. I didn't want to fail again today so I made myself go out at 11:20 to run for 30 minutes so I could keep my commitment.

I liked hot yoga. Sweat like crazy. And the calorie burn can't be beat.

I have a random and rather narcissistic confession. When I run these days I tend to keep touching my sides and my stomach. I love how it feels with all the muscles working and only a little skin and fat under there...and no love handles. When I run with my friend I hope she doesn't notice I do it. Its become almost automatic every few minutes. Kind of weird...but it is motivating for me!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

That's awesome!

We actually went to Cedar Point the week after, so he fake proposed just before we created the hill on Millennium Force. Haha.

Cute!
    This sums up today. Just when I was feeling s
    Hugs and prayers! She may have some struggles in her life but everyone does and she's got a fantastic mom that will fight for her. She's a lucky girl no matter what!

This. You said what I wanted to say only better!

Same!
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

ETA: Yes, I realize the amount of sodium...

I got to page 1204 and then had to go back to find this post because I don't want you to be alone. I kept seeing everyone saying they don't like sweet pickles. I like sweet pickles too. :) I like both kinds of pickles.

My favorites are bread & butter!

I also like some of the chips that are dill flavored (Pringles & Lays).

Yup, bread & butter ALL THE WAY!!! I haven't had chips in forever...just spears or sandwich sliced. I used to love the way Papa Ginos and even my school cafeteria's salad bar had the pickles cut into little cubes. The were awesome that way.
    EDITED because I just realized you actually meant chips flavored like pickles...I first read it as pickles cut into coin/chip shapes. (I'll be slow again today... my stupid brain/body woke me up at 3:00 again...)
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!

I loved them so much in college. I used to cook them, then drain them and then mix in the seasoning as it made it that much more intense. I tried them probably 15 years ago again...ICK! So salty and just not my thing anymore. Same with Kraft macaroni and cheese (which we have talked about before).

My husband still loves them for a fast snack (he just microwaves them). I used to like them and would drain almost all of the water too. I've also skipped the seasoning packet and done minced garlic, peanut butter, and soy sauce for a makeshift peanut sauce...throw some veggies in (usually used peas) ..not bad. Haven't had them in forever but thinking of doing that again soon.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I have a random and rather narcissistic confession. When I run these days I tend to keep touching my sides and my stomach. I love how it feels with all the muscles working and only a little skin and fat under there...and no love handles. Kind of weird...but it is motivating for me!

I do this too. It helps remind me why I run every morning...even when I'm tired.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Same state. I can still stop by for cheesecake. I'll let you know when I sign up! Right now I have a 1/2 Ironman in Indiana, an Ironman in WI this year, 4 races to do in FL in Jan, a marathon in TN in April and a mountain to climb in England in July next year...so may need to wait until 2017.

If you're climbing @orangesmartie 's mountain, it's in Scotland. Never confuse England and Scotland in front of a Scot, it won't go down well!

It sure doesn't!! I'm a score hen and bred and I hate being called English (even though I now have an English accent, which I hate....)

Seriously you are Scottish? This is getting better and better. I am 100% Irish BTW.

Yes i am, born and raised in the border town of Hawick, which no one has every heard of, unless they like rugby

Nope, never heard of it. But maybe we can swing by before or after climbing our mountain and check it out!

We sure can. my family are all there, so i won't be able to escape with stopping by. On the plus side, there is a cafe there that does uh-MAZE-ing cherry cheesecake. Everytime we go up, we pre-order two massive ones to bring home and freeze.
  • Oberon21
    Options

We sure can. my family are all there, so i won't be able to escape with stopping by. On the plus side, there is a cafe there that does uh-MAZE-ing cherry cheesecake. Everytime we go up, we pre-order two massive ones to bring home and freeze.

Ooh I forgot about those! Have you broken into them yet? From last weekend!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Packing for Ironman 70.3 Muncie this weekend. Why oh why do I never train for these things? This is about to be painful! j6n417a9osgn.jpg
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX

It can work, its just difficult. Triadic relationships such as ours are rare, because, its generally not easy to find two other people that you fall in love with, who also fall in love with each other.

I think when i say equal, i don't mean equal in terms of how much you love someone, but more, that you view the relationships as equally important. I love both my partners, but for different reasons. I have never tried to quantify it (i love Mrs more than Mr for example). I just know that i love them both, very much. I guess its the same as having more than one child. You generally love them for all their quirks and faults, and don't think i love X more than Y.

He does have issues and we are trying to support him in working on them, he let them slide when he started this new job and we're back to telling him it is essential. I have suggested group counselling, but trying to find a counsellor that can deal with our dynamic is tough.

Staying at starbucks wasn't my first choice, but all the hotels were full, so it seemed the safest option, well lit, toilets, drinks, CCTV. It wasn't like i was going to get a lot of sleep anyway. Next time, i'll book a hotel before storming out ;)

The thing is, when we're all working and pulling in the same direction, our relationships are absolutely amazing, so easy and comfortable. we all get on so well, have such similar views on things and can spend hours having random conversations, about not very much. We've even designed our dream house (for when we win the lottery) to the extent of getting out a laptop and drawing floorplans in paint. We have been friends a very long time and i think perhaps what we have is more a difference in language X means Y to me, but him it means Z. I need to clarify this, and will be doing so this weekend. Equally, when things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.

I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Ooh I forgot about those! Have you broken into them yet? From last weekend!

Yes, i portioned them all up when we got home and froze all but three slices, which we ate on Tuesday night.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Roll down a hill? Pfft, pathetic. I've done that without even trying. It is called falling over your feet and not being able to stop. Also, didn't anyone watch The Princess Bride? You do that and you're likely to end up around R.O.U.S. and in the fire swamp. I'm shaking my head at the stupidity.

Hahaha you're funny- good call!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

LOVE zappos!! VIP member here :) Sorry I do not have large(r) feet though, I'm a 6.5 or 7 depending on the brand. I hate my toes though, doesn't stop me from wearing open toed shoes! I just make sure I've had a pedicure- so summer time that's what I spend my money on every 2 to 3 weeks...Pedicures and waxes haha :p

Yep, I do a pedicure every 2 weeks. That is my plan for Friday after race check in... pedicure and a movie.

Smart lady!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill Those pillows are lovely!! :) I wish I knew how to sew as well--it's not a skill that's popular in Oman because of the proliferation of cheap tailor shops available for stitching; almost everyone in the country wears custom-tailored clothes for this reason. When I was younger, I thought the idea of store-bought dresses was so weird... :p

Oh gosh, how lucky... I wouldn't have spent my teenage years in too-short pants, and I'd have clothes that fit me properly now.

The closest I came was getting a high school jacket custom made (yes, I still have it) and needing to get two extra inches added onto the sleeves. Apparently I am built like a gorilla... it's a wonder my knuckles don't drag on the ground.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So confession time:

I've been closing my diary everyday while it looks good and then mindlessly stuffing extra food in my face that I don't want or need.

I've only lost 0.6 of a lb in 2 weeks so I know that has to stop.

I apologize to everyone who has been liking the diary of lies. The only goal I'm setting today is to honestly log everything I stuff in my face.

ETA: just posted that as my status too. I'm actually ashamed of myself.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wow, everyone has been busy!
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut

Awesome job Tubbs!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!

That made me laugh because it's me that keeps talking about Ramen noodles, and I never usually eat them either. Who knew they were a common pregnancy craving? Especially with fish fingers....mmmmm fishfingers....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

The only ride that ever made me throw up (not on the ride but after) was at King's Dominion & I think it was called Outer Limits?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So confession time:

I've been closing my diary everyday while it looks good and then mindlessly stuffing extra food in my face that I don't want or need.

I've only lost 0.6 of a lb in 2 weeks so I know that has to stop.

I apologize to everyone who has been liking the diary of lies. The only goal I'm setting today is to honestly log everything I stuff in my face.

ETA: just posted that as my status too. I'm actually ashamed of myself.

Don't be ashamed of yourself and as @orangesmartie said don't beat yourself up! We've all been there for sure, we love you, you can do this!!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    HI ALL! Popping in because I wasn't really on yesterday. Both boys have Hand Foot and Mouth virus (lovely daycare, they get something every other week) and I was home with them. Luckily, they must've had it for a few days already with no symptoms, because they don't have fevers and they're acting normal. My 3.5 yr old is ok, just saying his mouth hurts but my 10 mos old had blisters on his hands yesterday and trying to put bandaids on a baby and get him to keep his hands out of his mouth was next to impossible. They're both going into the Pediatrician this morning with DH (who has the virus now as well) to get the letter clearing them for daycare.

I shaved off a tiny bit of weight, which is a miracle, because yesterday I lived off coffee with cream and bites of things like half of a hotdog. I'm now only 3 lbs away from my first goal, 8 lbs from my "final" goal, and so ridiculously happy about it.

We're picking up our dog (who we're re-naming Clover Belle, her name from the foster home is Dixie but my oldest DS says it and it sounds like an unfortunate body part ;) so we can't keep her name) on Saturday still and everyone's excited. I sanitized the house yesterday, washed and bleach watered everything not bolted down, so I think it should be clean enough for when she arrives.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Roll down a hill? Pfft, pathetic. I've done that without even trying. It is called falling over your feet and not being able to stop. Also, didn't anyone watch The Princess Bride? You do that and you're likely to end up around R.O.U.S. and in the fire swamp. I'm shaking my head at the stupidity.

Ha!