Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg
    :lol: I have rolled down many a hill in my time, so I'm surprised this would be on anyone's bucket list unless they grew up in a COMPLETELY flat area or something. My stepdad works at a company that holds a huge party every year, and last year I went with my family and I got my sister and her boyfriend to roll down the huuuuge hill with me ;)

Did I look stupid? Probably.... but hey, that kid part of me still exists! My sister's boyfriend was like 45 and I guess it still exists in him too :lol:

Ditto. I don't know why I let it get to me, but I just want to say "go outside and do it then! Stop looking for pictures on the internet!". Get off my lawn. Maybe I'm a human Grumpy Cat.

That sounds like fun!

I LOVE rolling down hills!! I used to do it all the time when I was a kid, frilly dress and all. I'm pretty sure my mom wasn't amused with having to clean out all those grass stains though. :wink:

I love this too! When my nieces and nephew were young I still did it...as recently as 5 years ago. I get very dizzy now but its still fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

King's Dominion is on my list! Cedar Point is my favorite place on the planet, so I feel like I need to branch out to the rest of their parks. Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Dorney Park are all within a 1-2 hour radius.

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

I've never been to Cedar Point! >_< I know it's gotta be great. I can't (yet) justify a trip that far away. For coasters here, Intimidator 305 is by far the best I have experienced. It's soooo fast and smooth like glass.

Just looking at this hill makes me all :mrgreen:

I like roller coasters, especially ones with loops. This one would terrify me.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    This sums up today. Just when I was feeling somewhat normal....

hwpgssx7jgou.jpg

Sorry you are having a rough time, but those calories are nothing, you will overcome them. Focus on your kid and your well being.

Agreed with this. Take care of yourself so you can take care of Raelynn.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Congratulations! I felt that way with my first niece...I couldn't WAIT for her to be born. I was 14... She is 33 this year. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Guys? I want to bake these: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

... Anyone willing to take them off my hands if I were to offer to bake them for you? Not that I can even bake in this condition, but I'm bored out of my mind and want something to do so I've been browsing recipes. :-/

You don't have to ask me twice!! Oh wow!! YUM

I really wish I knew more people just so I can bake and dump my baked goods on them. *sigh* But Eid is coming and I'm totally making a HUGE peanut butter pie and totally eating a ton of it. Calories don't count in Eid, after all. :p

Oh, I want that HUGE peanut butter pie!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.
    I'm not sure if it would still be going on, but there was a small sale (ten dollars off the 150$ ChargeHR) at Target.

I just bought one for my friend at Verizon Wireless got 100. If the sale is still going on I'll grab it.

Sigh I really don't need one but I just hate to be left out. We'll see. Since SusieQ won't have one and neither does Laura maybe I'll resist.

Maybe.

ETA messed up posting again as tried to delete old quotes...[/quote]

I don't have one either and my current step count for the day is a whopping 1040 steps. I struggle most days to hit the 3000 mark unless I go shopping or walk the treadmill during lunch.

[/quote]

I have to try really hard to get mine in some days. The last two days I was doing laps of the living room and that is after I went for an almost 40 minute walk when I got home yesterday.

I'm envious of the people who can make steps by walking over to talk to people at the office, taking the stairs more, etc. when they are at work. My office is so small that to go speak to the president of the company (when he is here) it is less than 20 steps. Ditto the restroom. The farthest printer - 6 steps and the photocopier is about 8. I work really hard to be over 3,000 by the end of my work day. And it's all one floor.

If I'm lucky I have to walk to the mailbox a couple times which is about 500 steps round trip. And that only works when it is reasonably warm (not happening at -40) and dry as our yard is unpaved clay.[/quote]

When I started trying to get to 10K late last year, I started parking in the farthest corner of the visitor parking lot. That gets me over 1K steps just getting from my car to my office. Then I make myself walk to the cafeteria 3x a day... for water in AM, lunch at noon, coffee at 3 or so. Then the 1000 steps back to my car. I usually can get 5-6K in just doing this. I will often put soup or tea in the microwave and then walk up and down the 4 flights of stairs right there while its heating up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wow, everyone has been busy!
    I don't have time now to comment on all the posts I would like to, but I'm feeling pretty happy and wanted you to know that today I'm NORMAL! My weight hit 149.6, which puts my BMI at 24.9 = normal range.

Also, I read about the guy who just won the hot dog eating contest. How bad do you think the water weight would be after eating 17,600 calories and 48,360mg of sodium? (Eating contests are revolting, in my opinion.)
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/04/nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-matt-stonie-chestnut

Congratulations! And I agree with those who think eating contests are gross. Why....just why?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for Goodreads. My account is goodreads.com/Kellie335. I know a bunch of you mentioned that you were on there so please add me because I need some good books to read. Lately my brain feels mushy and I don't like it.

I will add you tomorrow when I get to work. Doing things like that from my tablet drives me crazy and I am too lazy to go get my laptop ☺
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You aren't making it any easier. I am ragingly jealous.

Are you going to unfriend me?! :(

Nope. Its called living vicariously. :)

• Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!
    SERIOUSLY! I can't believe all the hate!

Sweet pickles = ick.
    Sour pickles = heaven
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm being spoiled. ;)

You should be spoiled. :)

I agree, you are clearly worthy of being spoiled.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

I want your extra calories and your husband. I am seriously breaking one of the 10 commandments.

Are you coveting my husband's @ss? :wink: Sorry, I couldn't help it. He is a pretty wonderful man. God truly blessed with him and his stinky behind.

Also, if you read my diary yesterday, I didn't have extra calories to share, I actually had to borrow some from the day before. Whoops.

Well, I haven't seen your husband's posterior, so I would have to decline to comment on that one, but I do envy your relationship with him! I managed to stay under my calories but only after walking adjustment. I was better today!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!

I loved them so much in college. I used to cook them, then drain them and then mix in the seasoning as it made it that much more intense. I tried them probably 15 years ago again...ICK! So salty and just not my thing anymore. Same with Kraft macaroni and cheese (which we have talked about before).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This is a picture I found yesterday that really hit home for me. I thought many others who are struggling here with all kinds of things might appreciate it as well:

7itx5hgik7v8.jpg

this was lovely and very good advice. And worth reporting so sorry, mixmode, I am not deleting this one. :)
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

...I love that shade of blue. :)

This looks perfect! Fingers crossed you are able to get this! It makes me sad thinking of you trapped on a couch or in bed.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Roll down a hill? Pfft, pathetic. I've done that without even trying. It is called falling over your feet and not being able to stop. Also, didn't anyone watch The Princess Bride? You do that and you're likely to end up around R.O.U.S. and in the fire swamp. I'm shaking my head at the stupidity.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I would refuse to eat certain foods as a kid. My father would not allow me to leave the table. After 2 or 3 hours my mother would come in and BEG me to eat. Nope. No way. To this day I won't eat the exact same foods.

So, what are the foods that you won't eat? As kids we had to eat a couple bites of everything, I now do the same thing to my kids. I think it made me more willing to try new foods. The only foods, that I can think of right now, that I won't eat are cooked carrots (unless they are mixed in something like vegetable soup), lima beans, and brussel sprouts. I'm also not a huge fan of melon, in general, but I'll eat it if I have to.

For years I wouldn't eat any cooked vegetables except corn, carrots, potatoes and peas. Now I'll eat eggplant, zucchini, peppers and spinach - all foods my dad hates and therefore were never forced on me as a child.

I hate cooked carrots, peas, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and summer squash ... the list goes on. I can tolerate carrots and tomatoes raw. I don't like mushy vegetables.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I would refuse to eat certain foods as a kid. My father would not allow me to leave the table. After 2 or 3 hours my mother would come in and BEG me to eat. Nope. No way. To this day I won't eat the exact same foods.

So, what are the foods that you won't eat? As kids we had to eat a couple bites of everything, I now do the same thing to my kids. I think it made me more willing to try new foods. The only foods, that I can think of right now, that I won't eat are cooked carrots (unless they are mixed in something like vegetable soup), lima beans, and brussel sprouts. I'm also not a huge fan of melon, in general, but I'll eat it if I have to.

Ironically, I just posted this but its all mushy vegetables. Carrots, peas, most beans, zucchini, summer squash, egg plant, etc. Literally just makes me gag. When I would finally give in I would hold my nose, toss it all the way to the back of my throat so it didn't touch my tongue, and choke it down with milk. When I could get away with it, I would sneak it under the table and feed to the dog. Or spit it into my napkin, ask to be excused to go to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet. In the summer I would ask to eat outside, and toss it over the backyard fence. Eventually I usually got caught. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.

That's what I wore when I was thinner, but seriously I wear a size 12 and it's hard to find shoes! And I can't buy them online because I have to make sure they don't hurt my feet and I am terrible about returns! There are only two stores near me that sell dress shoes in my size, Payless and Shoe Carnival. I always have to buy tennis shoes in men's sizes because I need good shoes to workout. Anyone else with big feet?

Yep. I wear 11's. I buy from online places with free return policies (shoes.com, zappos.com), cuz I can rarely find anything in stores. I cannot wear Payless any more. Their quality sucks and my feet end up hurting every time.

LOVE zappos!! VIP member here :) Sorry I do not have large(r) feet though, I'm a 6.5 or 7 depending on the brand. I hate my toes though, doesn't stop me from wearing open toed shoes! I just make sure I've had a pedicure- so summer time that's what I spend my money on every 2 to 3 weeks...Pedicures and waxes haha :p

Yep, I do a pedicure every 2 weeks. That is my plan for Friday after race check in... pedicure and a movie.
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX