Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I can relate, they just don't understand the emotional pain of being fat, I would love to be able to cross my legs.

Yoga makes me want to cry, it is so defeating, the majority of the moves can't be done when you are the size of 2 people.

I am pretty thin these days and completely inflexible. I need to do yoga.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 yes, you should try yoga. I am seated on my mat waiting for class to start, with my legs curled under my booty. When the instructor comes in, I will put this away. I am reading so that people won't talk to me. (phone still won't quote, getting annoyed)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 yes, you should try yoga. I am seated on my mat waiting for class to start, with my legs curled under my booty. When the instructor comes in, I will put this away. I am reading so that people won't talk to me. (phone still won't quote, getting annoyed)

❤️
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So yoga class tonight was 12 Sun Salutations followed by practicing crow position. I finally got crow tonight, but couldn't hold it very long. My wrists were tired from the sun salutations. (if you don't know yoga, each sun salutation includes two planks which tired out my wrists.)
  • kimberlyy_s
    kimberlyy_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I eat Pringles I like to eat the entire can. (I really have to not have them in the house or around me to avoid this)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am doing a 7 day no wheat or grains challenge this week. Songs easy but that includes stuff in soups, etc. And I am travelling. Should be fun!

I gave up wheat for a month a year ago January. I had amazing results, I felt great, lost a LOT of weight and didn't really miss it by the end. I still don't eat pasta. Pizza, on the other hand, I greatly missed. I need to make it an occasional treat instead of having it weekly like I have been lately.

:o

Well, I guess that isn't entirely true. There is one local restaurant where I will order pasta, otherwise it isn't worth it! It's an occasional treat now rather than a daily part of my diet - and only really good pasta.

I make really good pasta......just sayin.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    So yoga class tonight was 12 Sun Salutations followed by practicing crow position. I finally got crow tonight, but couldn't hold it very long. My wrists were tired from the sun salutations. (if you don't know yoga, each sun salutation includes two planks which tired out my wrists.)

Just reading this made me tired! 12 Sun Salutations is a lot!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Nice Mel!!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    @rungirl1973 - maybe? But probably not if a gentleman was in the room. What I loved about Miss Ann was her attitude that if she always acted in a ladylike manner, then men would always do the unpleasant things for her. LOL!

What a wonderful philosophy!
  • raymax4
    Options
    I always felt uncomfortable crossing my legs with a dress that is above the knees. I always felt that is showed more than I wanted others to see. I can't say that I know how to sit in a lady like manner and much prefer pants for this reason.
  • raymax4
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Crow position always makes me feel like I'm about to face plant. I haven't ever really held it.
  • raymax4
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I eat Pringles I like to eat the entire can. (I really have to not have them in the house or around me to avoid this)

I can't have any potato chips in my house for the same reason. I can start out telling myself I'll have just one, and there goes the whole bag.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @kimberlyy_s I could easily do that if Pringles were GF. My kids can demolish a can in less than 3 minutes - which is how long it takes them to open it and pass it around once.

@raymax4 I am not particularly afraid of faceplanting onto my yoga mat. I am more inclined to roll back onto my feet anyway. I am in awe of Tom, who starts in crow and rolls forward into a head stand. He is definitely the star student in that class. ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Best Practices class. I can do anything for an hour right?
    ETA: At the end of the month, I could do better things with the next one.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone can eat a whole (not single serve) bag/box of anything. Even when I give myself freedom to binge, I can't. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs, but I can't even have a serving at a time. The ONLY thing I can eat more than a serving of, candy wise, are peanut M&M's and even those, I only have ever so often.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @1PoisonIvy I hope you stick with yoga! You'll be amazed at how much flexibility you gain. My yoga instructor is close to 300 lbs and she can do moves that I can only dream about. For inspiration you can also check out the blog Dances with Fat. She calls herself a fatlete and is really inspirational about still participating in all activities while having a fat body.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @rungirl1973 That's honestly a great idea of throwing them away in the work kitchen. I've been guilty of digging stuff out of my office trash too :/
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @MoHousdon You must be magic. I hope to someday be able to say that too, but I feel like the ability never goes away.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone can eat a whole (not single serve) bag/box of anything. Even when I give myself freedom to binge, I can't. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs, but I can't even have a serving at a time. The ONLY thing I can eat more than a serving of, candy wise, are peanut M&M's and even those, I only have ever so often.

I wish. There are a LOT of things that aren't in my house because I'll eat the whole thing.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I wish. There are a LOT of things that aren't in my house because I'll eat the whole thing.

Ditto.