Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    oh - I remembered something else - when I was about 14ish (back in my slim days) I ate so much at a sleep-over party that the zipper on my jeans burst.

Classy.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 that's okay it's so far in the past I laugh now too! :)

Ok, I feel a little better laughing with you...

Haha no worries!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Puente

This lady was an older serial killer & she basically had a room in her house that they dubbed the killing room. She would board people that had mental, drug, or other issues & then steal their social security. Whenever they would figure out what she was doing she would murder them & then have the other tenants basically do "yard work" which more or less was graves for bodies.

I've seen a few specials on her! She's been on a few different shows on the Investigation Discovery channel! People are insane!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    She was on another reality show (twice) that I watch, and I did not like her on there either. She is a fame junkie.

I hated twinies on AR! Seriously wanted to hurt them! She was much more tolerable on her own and at least she played the game!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Yay! Is this your first grand or do you have others? Is this the first time you're mentioning it?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... Just want to drop a note to let you all know I'm alive. I apologize for not replying to all the kind messages that were sent to me, but each one made me smile and was very much appreciated.

I've been MIA because FND is both mentally and physically exhausting; just getting to the bathroom is like running a marathon at midnight on a mountain with no sleep. By the time I can get myself back to the computer, I just can't muster the mental energy to be social or type out replies to anything, although I have seen tons of posts that I really wanted to reply to.

Thank you all for thinking of me! :) My flare-up is doing its worst on me. I can't walk, stand, get to the bathroom, or get into bed by myself. I can't even use my walker. Everything is just exhausting.

On a positive note, the Oman Disabled Association may be providing me with a "sport" wheelchair. After looking into available wheelchairs here in Saudi, my husband and I determined that they were too wide to be any use in our tiny apartment. A friend of my mother's who is wheelchair-bound informed us that there is a narrower and more compact one for small apartment dwellers, and also that I'm entitled to have one provided by the Omani government through the Disabled Association. So there might be some good from that.

Hugs to all--I wish I could reply to every individual post, but I just can't at this point. You're all in my thoughts. :)

P.S. - I was a gross little girl , too.

I will keep you in my prayers & hoping your flare-ups ease down on you!

Glad to hear that you might be able to get a wheelchair to use.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    This sums up today. Just when I was feeling s
    Hugs and prayers! She may have some struggles in her life but everyone does and she's got a fantastic mom that will fight for her. She's a lucky girl no matter what!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

That's awesome!

We actually went to Cedar Point the week after, so he fake proposed just before we created the hill on Millennium Force. Haha.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Hugs and prayers! She may have some struggles in her life but everyone does and she's got a fantastic mom that will fight for her. She's a lucky girl no matter what!

This. You said what I wanted to say only better!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Forte update: Super thick and creamy. No weird aftertaste, since it's actual cane sugar not sugar alcohol. I ate the whole thing, but I probably would have been satisfied with 2oz (80cal, 7.5g protein).

A bit too expensive for every day (~$2.50), but I might grab a few if it were on sale. Or if the other flavors become available and are more exciting than vanilla. ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232

Eww! Less filling? The filling is the best part! I would buy a jar of that stuff.

Sounds like the next million dollar idea. Let's get on that.

I'm surprised they haven't come out with a jar of it already.

They should bring back the Oreo cereal too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

ETA: Yes, I realize the amount of sodium...

I got to page 1204 and then had to go back to find this post because I don't want you to be alone. I kept seeing everyone saying they don't like sweet pickles. I like sweet pickles too. :) I like both kinds of pickles.

My favorites are bread & butter!

I also like some of the chips that are dill flavored (Pringles & Lays).
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232

Eww! Less filling? The filling is the best part! I would buy a jar of that stuff.

Sounds like the next million dollar idea. Let's get on that.

I'm surprised they haven't come out with a jar of it already.

They should bring back the Oreo cereal too.

Ooo I second this!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I just signed up for Goodreads. My account is goodreads.com/Kellie335. I know a bunch of you mentioned that you were on there so please add me because I need some good books to read. Lately my brain feels mushy and I don't like it.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

This. You said what I wanted to say only better!

Aww! Thanks! :') ❤️
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg
    :lol: I have rolled down many a hill in my time, so I'm surprised this would be on anyone's bucket list unless they grew up in a COMPLETELY flat area or something. My stepdad works at a company that holds a huge party every year, and last year I went with my family and I got my sister and her boyfriend to roll down the huuuuge hill with me ;)

Did I look stupid? Probably.... but hey, that kid part of me still exists! My sister's boyfriend was like 45 and I guess it still exists in him too :lol:

Ditto. I don't know why I let it get to me, but I just want to say "go outside and do it then! Stop looking for pictures on the internet!". Get off my lawn. Maybe I'm a human Grumpy Cat.

That sounds like fun!

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.

Did when I was 6 in Texas- at my brothers soccer game and I happened to roll into an ant hill of red ants :/ All the moms came over and stripped me down and used the boys water bottles to get all the ants off when I started screaming.

Needless to say I have not rolled down a hill since!

Oh no! I don't blame you!

Once my friend's brother had the brilliant idea to put a firecracker in an ant hill. We were back a ways, but the ants flew right onto us and bit us to ribbons. It stung so bad!

• kellienw335
    Options

r971q0xyvju1.jpg
    :lol: I have rolled down many a hill in my time, so I'm surprised this would be on anyone's bucket list unless they grew up in a COMPLETELY flat area or something. My stepdad works at a company that holds a huge party every year, and last year I went with my family and I got my sister and her boyfriend to roll down the huuuuge hill with me ;)

Did I look stupid? Probably.... but hey, that kid part of me still exists! My sister's boyfriend was like 45 and I guess it still exists in him too :lol:

Ditto. I don't know why I let it get to me, but I just want to say "go outside and do it then! Stop looking for pictures on the internet!". Get off my lawn. Maybe I'm a human Grumpy Cat.

That sounds like fun!

No, you're not a human Grumpy Cat! Your post made me laugh out loud! Seriously! I just wish that MFP had a "Like" button! There's nothing wrong with rolling down a hill because it's fun, well for everyone except @LBuehrle8...sorry too funny, but don't post it online. Just do it!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

That sounds like fun!

I LOVE rolling down hills!! I used to do it all the time when I was a kid, frilly dress and all. I'm pretty sure my mom wasn't amused with having to clean out all those grass stains though. :wink:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?

My fav is the 300 ft Drop Tower. But the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator is the best coaster there. Sooo fast and smooth.

(Taken 4th of July before the fireworks)
    10400015_900396810031363_1211432755952258608_n.jpg?oh=462daef7ca739ab79eafb52ddf27faac&oe=561FEBE6

Yikes that looks so freaky!

This ride in Hawaii freaked me out!

caption.jpg

My sister & I were on a raft & I was around 300 at the time & was sitting on the side they pushed. My mom said we came pretty close to flying off the ride.

The only rides I pretty much despise are the ones that go around in circles or upside down a lot.
    Wow, that really looks like fun! Was that a water park?

@LBuehrle8 Fire ants are one of the few insects I won't tolerate. Stingy little invasive species.