Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Remember when some folks posted they sneak meat into dinners they serve vegetarians? Tonight is a perfect example of why you don't do that. I am soooo sick tonight and I strongly suspect it's because some grilled veggies I ate at a diner had likely been cooked in the same pan as someone's meat and they didn't wash between servings. I have only felt like this once before and that was the cause. I know how a horse feels when it colics. :(

That's dangerous. If someone did that with shellfish, they could kill me. I am so so sorry that you are feeling bad.

I felt like I was going to die (cue the melodrama). It was agony. I am not going to lie...

I feel like that when I get food cross contaminated with gluten. I feel you. Shellfish is another feeling all together. The throat closing and audible whistle of your breath is frightening in a whole different way. (thank God for epinephrine)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    Okay....this is a hard one for me, but I'm going to put it out there. It took me 39 years to learn that my husband really does love me at any weight. From the day we married, I gained about 10 pounds every couple of years. I think somehow I was sabotaging myself all these years to prove it to myself that I was worthy of love. When I realized he wasn't going anywhere, the light bulb went off.

Good for you! (and him) my husband LOVES me at any weight; we have MORE FUN now that we are both working at improving our health.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So funny not funny story from Easter. I took my Mom and her boyfriend out for brunch and we went to this spa/hotel/restaurant we always go to. But its under new managment (I think just the restaurant portion) and the food was so/so, service not great, etc. But in the space of 20 minutes 2 separate people choked. The first person, she was elderly, was coughing (so not totally choking but bad) and they did the Heimleich (sp?) on her and all I kept thinking was please don't break her ribs (very fragile looking) then the paramedics, etc. came. Table next to us.

Then 2 tables down this heavy set boy also starts choking/gagging. They all rush over to him. The mother is sitting there and screaming in her Staten Island accent voice (how does that accent come through in a scream?) and doing nothing. And I just lost it. I started laughing so hard...

He and the lady were fine. But seriously, how much worse could that dinner have gotten? They should have comped us all our meals.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Remember when some folks posted they sneak meat into dinners they serve vegetarians? Tonight is a perfect example of why you don't do that. I am soooo sick tonight and I strongly suspect it's because some grilled veggies I ate at a diner had likely been cooked in the same pan as someone's meat and they didn't wash between servings. I have only felt like this once before and that was the cause. I know how a horse feels when it colics. :(

That's dangerous. If someone did that with shellfish, they could kill me. I am so so sorry that you are feeling bad.

I felt like I was going to die (cue the melodrama). It was agony. I am not going to lie...

I feel like that when I get food cross contaminated with gluten. I feel you. Shellfish is another feeling all together. The throat closing and audible whistle of your breath is frightening in a whole different way. (thank God for epinephrine)

Yeah, I don't have allergies but they are scary!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't have allergies but they are scary!

Not sure if I have any allergies, but I know my gallbladder acts up from time to time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, today I discovered that the coffee at my work is nasty and that if you don't drink coffee during Lent, you will forget to log it first thing in the morning like you have done for 2.5 years.
  • Oberon21
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So, today I discovered that the coffee at my work is nasty and that if you don't drink coffee during Lent, you will forget to log it first thing in the morning like you have done for 2.5 years.

Ahh so that was the mystery you gave up for lent. Kudos!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Haha!

I forgot how good pepper tasted on things! Esp steak, eggs and salad!

I use a TON of pepper.....if we get take out for lunch, I get everyone's pepper packets, and when I get like a sub or something, I always tell them "Put enough pepper on until you think you have put on too much, then put on a little more and we are good".

My food has tasted wonderful the last two days lol.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm reading but no time for a real post here. Good luck Patricia!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yes, I gave up coffee for Lent and no one had to arrest me. Win!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    Okay....this is a hard one for me, but I'm going to put it out there. It took me 39 years to learn that my husband really does love me at any weight. From the day we married, I gained about 10 pounds every couple of years. I think somehow I was sabotaging myself all these years to prove it to myself that I was worthy of love. When I realized he wasn't going anywhere, the light bulb went off.

I'm glad the light went on! Now time to play and make up for lost time! No worries.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    So funny not funny story from Easter. I took my Mom and her boyfriend out for brunch and we went to this spa/hotel/restaurant we always go to. But its under new managment (I think just the restaurant portion) and the food was so/so, service not great, etc. But in the space of 20 minutes 2 separate people choked. The first person, she was elderly, was coughing (so not totally choking but bad) and they did the Heimleich (sp?) on her and all I kept thinking was please don't break her ribs (very fragile looking) then the paramedics, etc. came. Table next to us.

Then 2 tables down this heavy set boy also starts choking/gagging. They all rush over to him. The mother is sitting there and screaming in her Staten Island accent voice (how does that accent come through in a scream?) and doing nothing. And I just lost it. I started laughing so hard...

He and the lady were fine. But seriously, how much worse could that dinner have gotten? They should have comped us all our meals.

It's a bad day in the restraint business when people keep trying to die on your food.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yes, I gave up coffee for Lent and no one had to arrest me. Win!

I can sympathize with that one.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am doing a 7 day no wheat or grains challenge this week. Songs easy but that includes stuff in soups, etc. And I am travelling. Should be fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

It's a bad day in the restraint business when people keep trying to die on your food.

That is what we said to the waiter.... we wanted to get out of there before we choked!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Glen is trying to give up coffee after we read a book on sleep during our drive over the weekend.
    I fear I would soon be jobless if I tried it.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I am doing a 7 day no wheat or grains challenge this week. Songs easy but that includes stuff in soups, etc. And I am travelling. Should be fun!

I gave up wheat for a month a year ago January. I had amazing results, I felt great, lost a LOT of weight and didn't really miss it by the end. I still don't eat pasta. Pizza, on the other hand, I greatly missed. I need to make it an occasional treat instead of having it weekly like I have been lately.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 @rungirl1973 the line up for our visit to theGrand Ole Opry: Vince Gill, Tara Thompson, Mark Wills, Rhonda Vincent
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    @Oberon21 @rungirl1973 the line up for our visit to theGrand Ole Opry: Vince Gill, Tara Thompson, Mark Wills, Rhonda Vincent

Sweet! I've seen Vince Gill a few times. He lives here and randomly performs at various events it seems.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Sweet! I've seen Vince Gill a few times. He lives here and randomly performs at various events it seems.

Looking forward to it!