Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have eaten two sandwiches today (lunch and dinner. 4:00 is a good time for dinner.) because I am too lazy to actually go to the dining hall and sit down to eat. So I am super healthy. Also I did not do very well on my ecology midterm :( but since we have lots of other quizzes and tests and I don't know the curve yet it should be fine... but I'm not going to tell my mother my grade anyway XD
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I have eaten two sandwiches today (lunch and dinner. 4:00 is a good time for dinner.) because I am too lazy to actually go to the dining hall and sit down to eat. So I am super healthy. Also I did not do very well on my ecology midterm :( but since we have lots of other quizzes and tests and I don't know the curve yet it should be fine... but I'm not going to tell my mother my grade anyway XD

What is wrong with sandwiches?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

What is wrong with sandwiches?

Nothing, just probably you shouldn't eat them for every single meal.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 @rungirl1973 the line up for our visit to theGrand Ole Opry: Vince Gill, Tara Thompson, Mark Wills, Rhonda Vincent

I love Mark Wills and Vincent Gill. I don't know the other 2.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, today I discovered that the coffee at my work is nasty and that if you don't drink coffee during Lent, you will forget to log it first thing in the morning like you have done for 2.5 years.

Glen is trying to give up coffee after we read a book on sleep during our drive over the weekend.
    I fear I would soon be jobless if I tried it.

I gave it up for a while. No ill effects but I was soooo tired. I had to start drinking it again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am doing a 7 day no wheat or grains challenge this week. Songs easy but that includes stuff in soups, etc. And I am travelling. Should be fun!

I gave up wheat for a month a year ago January. I had amazing results, I felt great, lost a LOT of weight and didn't really miss it by the end. I still don't eat pasta. Pizza, on the other hand, I greatly missed. I need to make it an occasional treat instead of having it weekly like I have been lately.

I don't expect to lose weight. I don't eat a lot of wheat or grains anyway. At the rate I am eating nuts and beans I will have to watch I don't gain weight. I have been ravenous since vacation.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I can relate, they just don't understand the emotional pain of being fat, I would love to be able to cross my legs.

Yoga makes me want to cry, it is so defeating, the majority of the moves can't be done when you are the size of 2 people.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Annanna91 wrote: »
    My friends and family assume that my body is muscley and defined from my healthy eating and working out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm skinny fat and I've ruined my body from gaining too much weight after I left school. I have stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and it makes me feel so self conscious.

It saddens me to know that my 16/17yr old self ruined my body and has held me back from wearing things which I am now capable of, like bikinis and crop tops.

No judgement, but forgive yourself.....thank God I am not the person I was when I was a young adult.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 7 day no wheat or grains challenge this week. Songs easy but that includes stuff in soups, etc. And I am travelling. Should be fun!

I gave up wheat for a month a year ago January. I had amazing results, I felt great, lost a LOT of weight and didn't really miss it by the end. I still don't eat pasta. Pizza, on the other hand, I greatly missed. I need to make it an occasional treat instead of having it weekly like I have been lately.

:o
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I can relate, they just don't understand the emotional pain of being fat, I would love to be able to cross my legs.

Yoga makes me want to cry, it is so defeating, the majority of the moves can't be done when you are the size of 2 people.

*Hugs* Keep at it. You'll be amazed at the flexibility you can gain, even while being larger. I constantly astound trainers at my flexibility, and i'm far more flexible than my very slim girlfriend. And if you have a good imnstructor, they will be able to show you modified moves.

And crossing your legs is bad for your circulation ;) just sayin'
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, my phone won't quote, but what @orangesmartie said is true. Keep working at your flexibility it does get better. Keep going to yoga, it is exercise and any is better than none. And every time I cross my legs these days, I hear the voice of a sweet little old lady that I knew when I was young saying, "Ladies cross their legs at the ankles. I know you can do anything a man can, but why would you?"
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

*Hugs* Keep at it. You'll be amazed at the flexibility you can gain, even while being larger. I constantly astound trainers at my flexibility, and i'm far more flexible than my very slim girlfriend. And if you have a good imnstructor, they will be able to show you modified moves.

And crossing your legs is bad for your circulation ;) just sayin'

What she said! and I confess that I just uncrossed my legs
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    So, today I discovered that the coffee at my work is nasty and that if you don't drink coffee during Lent, you will forget to log it first thing in the morning like you have done for 2.5 years.

Glen is trying to give up coffee after we read a book on sleep during our drive over the weekend.
    I fear I would soon be jobless if I tried it.

I gave it up for a while. No ill effects but I was soooo tired. I had to start drinking it again.

Yeah, day one his co-worker told him that he looked like he'd been run over by a truck.
    LOL
  • rungirl1973
    Options

:o

Well, I guess that isn't entirely true. There is one local restaurant where I will order pasta, otherwise it isn't worth it! It's an occasional treat now rather than a daily part of my diet - and only really good pasta.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    For whatever reason, my phone won't quote, but what @orangesmartie said is true. Keep working at your flexibility it does get better. Keep going to yoga, it is exercise and any is better than none. And every time I cross my legs these days, I hear the voice of a sweet little old lady that I knew when I was young saying, "Ladies cross their legs at the ankles. I know you can do anything a man can, but why would you?"

Hmm. I wonder if ladies fold their legs under their booty in the chair?
    I may not be a lady... :tongue:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @rungirl1973 - maybe? But probably not if a gentleman was in the room. What I loved about Miss Ann was her attitude that if she always acted in a ladylike manner, then men would always do the unpleasant things for her. LOL!
  • orangesmartie
    Options

My nanna used to say that too..
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Hmm. I wonder if ladies fold their legs under their booty in the chair?
    I may not be a lady... :tongue:

Hahaha this is how I sit at work! It's definitely bad for circulation, dunno about ladies bit I never professed to be one, despite Nanna's beat efforts
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I have to come here to confess. I threw away most of a big bag of M&M's today. I took them to the work kitchen because I would have dug them out of the trash in my office. I won't do it out there.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Annanna91 wrote: »
    My friends and family assume that my body is muscley and defined from my healthy eating and working out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm skinny fat and I've ruined my body from gaining too much weight after I left school. I have stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and it makes me feel so self conscious.

It saddens me to know that my 16/17yr old self ruined my body and has held me back from wearing things which I am now capable of, like bikinis and crop tops.

No judgement, but forgive yourself.....thank God I am not the person I was when I was a young adult.

Amen