Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am running a 5k on May 1. I am not a runner, but this is for a free medical clinic where I am on the volunteer staff. I went to see how bad this is going to be this morning and ran two 15 minute miles. At about 20 minutes in, I realized that I didn't take my asthma meds yesterday or this morning. Rescue inhaler when I got home, followed by regular meds. Next run should be better.

I am running a 10K this coming Sunday and I am not a runner! I just want to finish in less than 1.5 hours, wish me luck!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am running a 5k on May 1. I am not a runner, but this is for a free medical clinic where I am on the volunteer staff. I went to see how bad this is going to be this morning and ran two 15 minute miles. At about 20 minutes in, I realized that I didn't take my asthma meds yesterday or this morning. Rescue inhaler when I got home, followed by regular meds. Next run should be better.

I am running a 10K this coming Sunday and I am not a runner! I just want to finish in less than 1.5 hours, wish me luck!

Good luck! I finished this race in 39 minutes last year. I'll be happy if I can do that again.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Overheard just now:
    Coworker 1: "I'd be sick if I ate a whole bag of kettlecorn."
    Coworker 2: "At least I am eating popcorn. I ain't eating junk."

I might be wrong, but if I had diabetes an entire 9"x24" bag of kettle corn would qualify as junk in my nutritional world. (Two cups would be a treat, but still not nutritious.) I know I am being a little judgy, but I did manage to NOT laugh out loud, at least.

Wow

That stuff is full of sugar.....but you know people....

I have a coworker that will eat small prepackaged cookies at breakfast and think it is healthy because it is a cute little kid package......

Yes, I do know people. I don't understand them, but I know them.

Coworker 2 brought an unopened bag of grapes to work on Thursday morning and ate the whole thing through the day. I get that grapes are whole food, but they are whole sugar. I get annoyed at the sight of a diabetic making terrible food choices, especially when they complain about how bad they feel later. I want to replace her food stash with Quest bars - the lemon ones so that she has to be desperately hungry to eat them.

Oh goodness. I would be chained to the toilet if I ate that many grapes.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your upcoming race, Brenda!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Good luck, but I know that you got this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I was shopping at a Super Wal-Mart today & couldn't believe how many expired yogurts I saw! I picked up a few to look at the flavor & then checked the expiration date & they were expired for 19 days! Not sure how long yogurt is safe to eat after the expiration date, but wasn't taking any chances.

If someone was in that area I was going to tell them, but didn't see anyone working in that area.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    i might do something drastic tomorrow.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Uh drastic in what sense?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at a Super Wal-Mart today & couldn't believe how many expired yogurts I saw! I picked up a few to look at the flavor & then checked the expiration date & they were expired for 19 days! Not sure how long yogurt is safe to eat after the expiration date, but wasn't taking any chances.

If someone was in that area I was going to tell them, but didn't see anyone working in that area.

That is ridiculous. Don't they have inventory control?
  • Oberon21
    Options

Good luck, but I know that you got this!

Ditto! You'll rock it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I ate 3 donuts yesterday.

Plain or filled? Cake or.yeast? I live vicariously through your doughnuts, since GF ones generally aren't as good and are prohibitively expensive.

2 wonderfully yeasty glazed donuts from our local fried pies place. The last one was more of a chocolate covered cinnamon roll with crushed peanuts on top.

Ick.... sugar shock!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious, what is the purpose of the trash bag?

It burns fat and builds muscle!
    >:)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Plain or filled? Cake or.yeast? I live vicariously through your doughnuts, since GF ones generally aren't as good and are prohibitively expensive.

2 wonderfully yeasty glazed donuts from our local fried pies place. The last one was more of a chocolate covered cinnamon roll with crushed peanuts on top.

Ick.... sugar shock!

POF, I didn't eat all 3 at the same time. I had 1 after lunch, 1 after my workout, and the last one before bed. I thought I'd feel like a dying bloated cow, but I didn't and I slept really well last night.

Granted, the sleeping well could have had more to do with the 75 minute intense workout I did than the donuts. :smirk:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat donuts....might have to include one in a cheat meal! I tend to like either the plain glazed, or filled ones the best.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Ick.... sugar shock!

POF, I didn't eat all 3 at the same time. I had 1 after lunch, 1 after my workout, and the last one before bed. I thought I'd feel like a dying bloated cow, but I didn't and I slept really well last night.

Granted, the sleeping well could have had more to do with the 75 minute intense workout I did than the donuts. :smirk:

I'm sure. One donut puts me into sugar shock.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Call the store. And maybe the health department. That's not safe.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Like what? And if it isn't illegal, immoral or unethical, why wait?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Call the store. And maybe the health department. That's not safe.

I just called & asked for the manager of the grocery area. The person handling the phone didn't know if anyone was there & asked what I needed. Hopefully, the lady on the phone does pass on the information.

I told her that I was shopping in the area & picked up a few yogurts & noticed some were expired in March. She basically said well people go through them every night. I wanted to say I don't care if people go through them every night & whoever goes through them must not be doing their job. Or whoever is stocking the shelf is putting the newer stock in front & pushing the older ones in the back to save time.

I understand that at times customers will go through the yogurts (foods in general) & make a huge mess. I know that I will look for the yogurts, salad mixes, & sometimes almond/cashew milks that have the longest expiration dates (generally I don't make a huge mess with the display though).
  • April_Chicken
    April_Chicken Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

I'm so guilty of this too. Never had that comfort feeling explained like a "warm blanket" but that's exactly what it is.
    My guilty pleasure is to have a big lunch. I'm playing this game by using almost all my calories by end of lunch to make sure I do cardio so I can have dinner. Not the best idea but it's working.
  • April_Chicken
    April_Chicken Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So, here it goes. I watch shows like My 600lb Life to "up the anti" while working out.
    I don't know if it comes from fear of getting that big or from frustration that they allow themselves to be so helpless but something about watching that show pushes me to go that extra 15 minutes or push harder on the inclines to get through the workout. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our eating, or actions and inactions and perhaps this show and others like it keep the pressure on.