Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Susie and I are food twins.

Patricia, it's Reese's. Right?

Yes. Yes, we are. ;) How are you, Kelly? I haven't heard from you in ages!

I'm ok. My foot was hurting me for a bit. I'm not even sure what I did but I took some time off from the treadmill and just did some biking.
    The weather is getting a bit warmer so I've been getting in some walking outside now that my foot isn't feeling as bad. We were all sick for a while too. We're better now for the most part. Same old thing.
    How are you?

I'm alright. I got fat. ;) I'm back where I was when I very first started losing weight three years ago. Starting all over again... Boo.

I think everyone's been getting sick in the winter-to-spring transition. We're having the craziest weather ever over here. One day hot, one day cold, one day rainy, next day sunny, next day rainy... It's nuts!

I saw your status about your foot, I'm glad it's getting better! :smiley: I keep getting blisters on mine, for some reason, but I've been trying not to let it affect my steps.

Hello SusieQ.

How is your job?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Overheard just now:
    Coworker 1: "I'd be sick if I ate a whole bag of kettlecorn."
    Coworker 2: "At least I am eating popcorn. I ain't eating junk."

I might be wrong, but if I had diabetes an entire 9"x24" bag of kettle corn would qualify as junk in my nutritional world. (Two cups would be a treat, but still not nutritious.) I know I am being a little judgy, but I did manage to NOT laugh out loud, at least.

I would be a bit judgy too!

I laughed at these two customers the other week (in my head of course). They both were going through perimenopause & discussing how much weight they were gaining & they barely ate a thing. I kindly mentioned that I lost over a hundred pounds using MFP & the lady said that would never work for me since I only eat one meal a day & I eat less than 500 calories. With those kind of people I wish you could videotape what they eat & show them how much they're either eating or drinking mindlessly without even thinking about it.

I wanted to say if you ate less than 500 calories a day then I would highly doubt you would be in the position to need to lose 20 pounds. I wanted to scream starvation mode doesn't exist, because if it did then why do people in Africa die from starvation?

My 2 thoughts on this... No way is she living on 500 calories a day. Can you? Yes, I have done it several times on HCG. But never long term. She would be dead.

And 2 I slipped through menopause and into menopause (apparently) LOSING weight on watching what I eat and walking. I am thinner than I ever have been. And maintaining like I have never been. So I call BS on that one.

I think I had a hot flash. I'm leaner and fitter and weigh less than I did as a cheerleader in high school. I'm with POF.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Overheard just now:

I might be wrong, but if I had diabetes an entire 9"x24" bag of kettle corn would qualify as junk in my nutritional world. (Two cups would be a treat, but still not nutritious.) I know I am being a little judgy, but I did manage to NOT laugh out loud, at least.

I laughed at these two customers the other week (in my head of course). They both were going through perimenopause & discussing how much weight they were gaining & they barely ate a thing. I kindly mentioned that I lost over a hundred pounds using MFP & the lady said that would never work for me since I only eat one meal a day & I eat less than 500 calories. With those kind of people I wish you could videotape what they eat & show them how much they're either eating or drinking mindlessly without even thinking about it.

I wanted to say if you ate less than 500 calories a day then I would highly doubt you would be in the position to need to lose 20 pounds. I wanted to scream starvation mode doesn't exist, because if it did then why do people in Africa die from starvation?

My 2 thoughts on this... No way is she living on 500 calories a day. Can you? Yes, I have done it several times on HCG. But never long term. She would be dead.

And 2 I slipped through menopause and into menopause (apparently) LOSING weight on watching what I eat and walking. I am thinner than I ever have been. And maintaining like I have never been. So I call BS on that one.

I'll second that.

I've been getting " you have lost a lot of weight how have you done it"
    I'm always wage to tell them because it has been so good for me. It's always so sad to watch their face change from eager anticipation to disappiontment.
    It inevitably ends with them saying sadly "you are probably exercising too."
    I try not to get disappointed with their disappointment.
    Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

I'm always wage to tell them because it has been so good for me. It's always so sad to watch their face change from eager anticipation to disappiontment.
    Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

I know. Everyone wants s a quick fix. I did too until I figured out this is the quick fix. And sustainable.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I'm ok. My foot was hurting me for a bit. I'm not even sure what I did but I took some time off from the treadmill and just did some biking.
    The weather is getting a bit warmer so I've been getting in some walking outside now that my foot isn't feeling as bad. We were all sick for a while too. We're better now for the most part. Same old thing.
    How are you?

I'm alright. I got fat. ;) I'm back where I was when I very first started losing weight three years ago. Starting all over again... Boo.

I think everyone's been getting sick in the winter-to-spring transition. We're having the craziest weather ever over here. One day hot, one day cold, one day rainy, next day sunny, next day rainy... It's nuts!

I saw your status about your foot, I'm glad it's getting better! :smiley: I keep getting blisters on mine, for some reason, but I've been trying not to let it affect my steps.

I'm sure you're not fat, Susie! But you know what you need to do and how to do it!! You've done it once, you'll do it again!
    Boo to the blisters! I know ALL about blisters! :/

I am so glad I don't get blisters. Now losing toenails is another matter....

I have that problem too! :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Someone please buy this shirt for me.
    sfwzue74v327.jpg

And one for me please x
  • orangesmartie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone can eat a whole (not single serve) bag/box of anything. Even when I give myself freedom to binge, I can't. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs, but I can't even have a serving at a time. The ONLY thing I can eat more than a serving of, candy wise, are peanut M&M's and even those, I only have ever so often.

You'd be surprised. I can eat several whole bags (definitely not single serving...) of several different things in the same sitting. *slinks away in shame*

*slinks away with you*

I'll join you guys in the corner.

Oh I didn't realise we were going to a corner, I thought we were going to the fridge ;)

*packs picnic hamper*
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

I know. Everyone wants s a quick fix. I did too until I figured out this is the quick fix. And sustainable.

I still like the poster who told people they lost weight using the pinecone diet
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone can eat a whole (not single serve) bag/box of anything. Even when I give myself freedom to binge, I can't. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs, but I can't even have a serving at a time. The ONLY thing I can eat more than a serving of, candy wise, are peanut M&M's and even those, I only have ever so often.

You'd be surprised. I can eat several whole bags (definitely not single serving...) of several different things in the same sitting. *slinks away in shame*

*slinks away with you*

Oh I didn't realise we were going to a corner, I thought we were going to the fridge ;)

*packs picnic hamper*

:D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday/April Fool's, everybody. Look what I am wearing for casual Friday! My reward to myself for doing a pull-up.
    6yfnfu95gi36.jpg

I LOVE those! <3

Food confession: there were two kinds of vegan dessert in my dining hall today, so I naturally had to try both of them. For lunch.

Awesome shoes Quik!

I would do the same thing too. I mean you got to make sure it's safe for others to eat right?

Exaaaactly. :3

*slinks away with you*

Me too! Actually, I think I might need my own corner. So that I have room for all the snacks I can eat at once.

Heh! Ok we can all have our own corners & mini fridges for the foods that need to be refrigerated.

@Susieq_1994 you have to bring along your cookie spread cheesecake!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Someone please buy this shirt for me.
    sfwzue74v327.jpg

And one for me please x

I bought a shirt at Wal-Mart that said sorry for what I said when I was hangry.

You know you get hangry when other coworkers tell you about that shirt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

I had a customer come up to me the other week & say they were impressed with my weight loss & told me that I inspired them to get weight loss surgery. They gave me a high five after I told them I didn't have weight loss surgery.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    That's awesome, Kelly! And I need your shirt! :D
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Overheard just now:

Wow

That stuff is full of sugar.....but you know people....

I have a coworker that will eat small prepackaged cookies at breakfast and think it is healthy because it is a cute little kid package......
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Overheard just now:

I would have probably silently judged too. It's like the one time my one coworker went on a diet where she only ate fruit and white rice. Fructose and carbs, guess how long that lasted?

:D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I just ate like 800 calories of nuts and seeds. I need some serious exercise today.

Now those are healthy snacks! Yes they are packed with calories.

I feel certain that 800 calories of nuts and seeds are better for you than 800 calories (or more) of Kettlecorn. I buy individual bags of kettlecorn as a snack occasionally, there's 140 calories in the bag. It's better than a whole bag of Reese's pieces, but I still don't eat it every day. I am going to the store today in search of 100 calorie packs of cinnamon toasted almonds. Even better for my sweet tooth and my kids don't eat them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I think I will just sit here in the middle of the room, tossing snacks to the people in the corners. LOL!

And, hi, Susie!!!! I have missed seeing you!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Overheard just now:

Wow

That stuff is full of sugar.....but you know people....

I have a coworker that will eat small prepackaged cookies at breakfast and think it is healthy because it is a cute little kid package......

Yes, I do know people. I don't understand them, but I know them.

Coworker 2 brought an unopened bag of grapes to work on Thursday morning and ate the whole thing through the day. I get that grapes are whole food, but they are whole sugar. I get annoyed at the sight of a diabetic making terrible food choices, especially when they complain about how bad they feel later. I want to replace her food stash with Quest bars - the lemon ones so that she has to be desperately hungry to eat them.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

Overheard just now:

I'll second that.

I know. Everyone wants a quick fix. I did too until I figured out this is the quick fix. And sustainable.
    It is so good not to try to jump through some one else hoops on what I should be eating and doing to get into shape. It's evan better that I know I can do this for a life time endnote yoyo any more!
  • raymax4
    Options

*slinks away with you*

*packs picnic hamper*

Breaks out laughing had to share with hubby.
  • raymax4
    Options

How are you?

I'm sure you're not fat, Susie! But you know what you need to do and how to do it!! You've done it once, you'll do it again!
    Boo to the blisters! I know ALL about blisters! :/

I am so glad I don't get blisters. Now losing toenails is another matter....

Ouch! not to mention the continual tenderness until it grows back.