Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So since PR I have gained 6 lbs. I have been eating well but a LOT. Time to reset before this gets out of control.

Also again drank wine last night and have a raging headache today. I am just going to reset to a year of health. Exercise daily. Eat well and vegan. Stop drinking period. I have 2 years til I am 50. I want to be amazing. I am healthier and thinner then I have been my whole life but there are opportunities for improvement. I'm going to make 48 amazing!

And thanks to those of you who sent me cards! My only cards are batcave cards. You guys rock!

Happy Birthday!!!! You are going to rock 48!

Happy Birthday POF!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POF!!! I'm a horrible lazy human and didn't send you a card, but please know that I think of you often and fondly. I hope we will get to meet some day.

I hope your headache goes away and you get to have a great day!

:heart: you!

Dittoing all of this! Happiest of birthdays, POF!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So since PR I have gained 6 lbs. I have been eating well but a LOT. Time to reset before this gets out of control.

Also again drank wine last night and have a raging headache today. I am just going to reset to a year of health. Exercise daily. Eat well and vegan. Stop drinking period. I have 2 years til I am 50. I want to be amazing. I am healthier and thinner then I have been my whole life but there are opportunities for improvement. I'm going to make 48 amazing!

And thanks to those of you who sent me cards! My only cards are batcave cards. You guys rock!

You are amazing now! Happy birthday!!!
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a good one! :smile:

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

You are amazing now! Happy birthday!!!

Awww that was sweet. But trust me lots of room for improvement.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a good one! :smile:

Thanks!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POF!!! I'm a horrible lazy human and didn't send you a card, but please know that I think of you often and fondly. I hope we will get to meet some day.

I hope your headache goes away and you get to have a great day!

:heart: you!

<3 you too! Some food and water this am took care of the headache. And I only had 2 glasses of champagne. I am a total lightweight again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Happy Birthday!!!! You are going to rock 48!

Thank you!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Pof!

birthday-horse.gif
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy birthday Pof!

birthday-horse.gif

That is too cute!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Pof!

birthday-horse.gif

That is too cute!
    That is! I hope you have / had a good time today.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Overheard just now:
    Coworker 1: "I'd be sick if I ate a whole bag of kettlecorn."
    Coworker 2: "At least I am eating popcorn. I ain't eating junk."

I might be wrong, but if I had diabetes an entire 9"x24" bag of kettle corn would qualify as junk in my nutritional world. (Two cups would be a treat, but still not nutritious.) I know I am being a little judgy, but I did manage to NOT laugh out loud, at least.

I would be a bit judgy too!

I laughed at these two customers the other week (in my head of course). They both were going through perimenopause & discussing how much weight they were gaining & they barely ate a thing. I kindly mentioned that I lost over a hundred pounds using MFP & the lady said that would never work for me since I only eat one meal a day & I eat less than 500 calories. With those kind of people I wish you could videotape what they eat & show them how much they're either eating or drinking mindlessly without even thinking about it.

I wanted to say if you ate less than 500 calories a day then I would highly doubt you would be in the position to need to lose 20 pounds. I wanted to scream starvation mode doesn't exist, because if it did then why do people in Africa die from starvation?

My 2 thoughts on this... No way is she living on 500 calories a day. Can you? Yes, I have done it several times on HCG. But never long term. She would be dead.

And 2 I slipped through menopause and into menopause (apparently) LOSING weight on watching what I eat and walking. I am thinner than I ever have been. And maintaining like I have never been. So I call BS on that one.

I'll second that.

I've been getting " you have lost a lot of weight how have you done it"
    I'm always wage to tell them because it has been so good for me. It's always so sad to watch their face change from eager anticipation to disappiontment.
    It inevitably ends with them saying sadly "you are probably exercising too."
    I try not to get disappointed with their disappointment.

I had a customer come up to me the other week & say they were impressed with my weight loss & told me that I inspired them to get weight loss surgery. They gave me a high five after I told them I didn't have weight loss surgery.

One of the women who works for me had weight loss surgery very recently. She wasn't like huge. I really don't understand why she did it. It can be dangerous and honestly she wasn't that heavy. She said she just couldn't control her eating. Not judging I just worry about that route. I know someone who had something rupture and almost died after weight loss surgery.

That's a bit sad. I wish there was a limit of weight that you couldn't have weight loss surgery or only use it in extreme circumstances. I constantly hear people mentioning that so & so had weight loss surgery only to gain almost all of it back & more on top of it.

From watching my 600 Pound Life I remember the doctor saying that there's ways people can cheat with the weight loss surgery.

i work in a building with 1200 ppl and have seen this a few times.
    there have also been a few that are doing awesome, but it does seem to be an all or nothing thing, at least around here...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confession: It's been almost 2 weeks since I've been to the gym. I got deathly ill (Fever, chills and my asthma acted up) for a week and now dealing with a break up. Yesterday was the first day that I was actually able to eat under calories because I didn't get into the Grief Bacon, baby steps are better than no steps right?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: It's been almost 2 weeks since I've been to the gym. I got deathly ill (Fever, chills and my asthma acted up) for a week and now dealing with a break up. Yesterday was the first day that I was actually able to eat under calories because I didn't get into the Grief Bacon, baby steps are better than no steps right?

Yes!

Are you still planning on doing the competition?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Yes!

Are you still planning on doing the competition?

Ideally yes but with the break up I lost the trainer/nutritionist. I'm not sure if I can do it this year, which means it will give me more time for next year. We will see.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Yes, they are ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession: As vain as it feels, I am in love with my profile pic. I can't believe that's me!

:) Now you get to see what we already know. You are awesome.
  • raymax4
    Options

Sounds like great goals. Form what I have sen you are already amazing but I support the notion to continually improve what you got. I saw this in a store the other day and decided I like it for my new mantra.
    jkuudcw0do5f.jpg

I'm sorry I missed posting Happy birthday on your birthday the day got away from me. please allow me to post it now and you can feel free to have another celebration following the instructions.
    snuz230yucjz.png
    Now get your birthday hat on, blow out your candles and make your wish come true!

I saw this on the way to a hike the other day. I have never seen a horse put his head out of the trailer to feel the breeze before. He seemed to be completely enjoying it.
    xq32pz7x1os1.jpg
  • raymax4
    Options

:'( so sorry that you had a horrible 2 weeks. I hope you are on a well being trajectory now. Some times baby steps is all we can do. I suspect you have done more than that evan in your weakened state.