What's the best excuse you've heard to not workout?

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    This isn't a bad excuse, but it is the best excuse to go to the gym.
    Yesterday I made myself go to the gym because I really wanted a hot shower... i don't have a very nice shower in my place
    the gyms are nicer and bigger. Felt like heaven though after.
  • livingwithlam
    Options
    I'm a vampire and immortals don't exercise. Truestory.

lolwut.
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, real thing -- exercise induced asthma that is -- to the woman who questioned whether it was real. There are treatments. Revolutionized my fitness life.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I cant, Im having sex later today
  • Tinkerbell228
    Tinkerbell228 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    " it's too cold outside"
    " my legs always hurt (therefore I never try)"
    "I'm too busy" I saw a show about a mom with 5 kids under 4...that's all I'll say
    "I'm too tired"
    " I can't afford healthy food ( but I did stop buying soda...)"
    " I always have headaches" do they think you can only do hard cardio? You can just walk
    I'll stop there
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,820 Member
    Options

That's reassuring - we can easily outrun vampires then!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,820 Member
    Options
    " it's too cold outside"
    I was about to run outside when it was 20F out. I'd moved to Indiana from California and had finally gotten to the point where 20F wasn't bad at all, and I didn't want to sit indoors all day.
    Someone tried to stop me from running "It's going to be record cold, you'd better not run"
    Big deal. Record doesn't mean "so cold it'll kill you" it just means that it's the lowest it's been on this date.
    I told her I didn't want to stay inside and be miserable.

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    One I've given. Went to the gym after work one day and found I only had one sneaker. the other one was sitting on the floor beside where I had my bag. I was wearing shoes that weren't good for walking at all.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My excuse was (note the word WAS) having an unwell child for nearly 3 years. She had a lot of care needs and I really could not leave her to go to the gym. Following a successful operation in November she's better now and I am back to being pretty obsessive about exercise - rejoined the gym and started back at karate (which I do with the daughter that was ill). I am so much happier' and sleep better, when I can exercise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    "I don't have/can't find the time."

Ironically, most people who respond this way seem to spend quite a bit of time doing nothing...watching t.v...watching movies...playing video games, etc.

My favorite though is the 20 year old college kid who doesn't have time...come talk to me about time when you've started a professional career and a family...

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is that I don't want to go because I already washed my hair today. Seriously, I am a head sweater. When I run, I HAVE to wash the hair. If I showered in the morning and washed hair and I'm working out at night I hate washing hair again. But it is an still my own lame excuse.

Also, I traded my 3 oclock trip to the company gym for a daily smoke break and iced coffee. That's not an excuse. It's totally a fact. I'm a loser.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My favorite complaint is anyone around here saying it's too cold.

I live in Houston.
    The coldest we get are a day or two of 36 degree weather
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My excuse when I used to go to the gym (I've been working out at home, lately) was a non-excuse. I would get dressed, or get up to start getting ready, tense up, crawl into bed, and not move.

Anxiety, man. Anxiety.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I used...
    - I'm pregnant and feel horrible (1st trimester exhausted and nauseous, then too fat and uncomfortable 2nd and 3rd trimester)
    - then it was nursing and my boobs are too huge (I did try, but it hurt! duh, I should have tried something else!)
    - repeat 2 more times

Yep, I didn't exercise/workout for 5 years! Well, except for walking and pushing a stroller around.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

lolwut.

X2
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The best excuse I ever hear was from my sister. She said "Man david bowie just died". I know its terrible but I still laughed. Random.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "I pushed myself too hard during yesterdays jog/walk. Everything hurt even my toes so I will rest up for the next month to heal!" This was mines this pass month.
  • AnneCoolbreze
    AnneCoolbreze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How about the "I'm broke" excuse. Walking/jogging is free--no equipment or gym membership necessary.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    explosive diarrhea
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been on a "no excuses" kick lately because I am VERY motivated and losing weight quickly. People are noticing and they are asking me what I am doing to lose the weight. I find it interesting that as soon as I tell them I'm watching what I eat very closely and I started jogging that most people have an excuse why they cannot go jogging or do exercise. Things like "I've never been able to run," or "My knees are too sore," or "I tinkle when I run." (I love that one). I think I've heard just about every excuse in the book for not being able to do it.

What's the best excuse you've heard (or used)?

I just don't wanna and you can't make me.