Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Options

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I shop at WinCo and Sprouts. Phoenician, here :)
  • CarolinaJen16
    CarolinaJen16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Publix and Walmart mainly.

Target and SAMs Club occasionally.

Want to check out Trader Joes since I recently moved to a town with one.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Costco for just about everything. Anywhere else for anything costco doesn't sell
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well I live in Australia but I do most of my regular shopping at Aldi. When something I can't get at Aldi is on sale at one of our other big supermarkets (Coles or Woolworths), I'll go there and stock up. Aldi doesn't really have a lot of vegetarian options, they have one kind of tofu and that's it. I find the Aldi near me has good produce and it's always cheaper than "the big two" as we call them. Trying their home brands can be hit or miss but I can't really think of too many products I've absolutely hated.

@Christine_72 you should give Aldi another go, head over to the Whirlpool forums and check out their "best and worst of Aldi products" threads first though!

From what I've seen on YouTube, if I lived in the US I'd want to shop at Trader Joe's. When I did a student exchange to NCSU, I shopped at Harris Teeter and sometimes Target. I shopped at Walmart once and wasn't really a fan. Whole Foods is great but the prices are ridiculous to me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks @swift13b I should bite the bullet and just give it a try.

I'm with you on wholefoods, wouldn't it be wonderful if we had something like that here! I'd imagine the prices would be through the roof, and we pay double the price of most everything than Americans do :(
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Loblaws, Independent, Walmart, Whole Foods

Ontario
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Mainly Whole Foods. I occasionally go to Trader Joe's or the farmers market.

Whole paycheck?

we only shop at whole foods as well. We can afford it and it doesnt cost anywhere near our whole paycheck. Spend maybe 20 bucks cheaper if im getting the same things at Vons. Haved tested it out.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg

I went there this week for the first time... I was disappointed. Produce at regular price wasn't much cheaper than elsewhere, and the quality of some of the stuff seemed a bit questionable... Mostly though, the selection sucks. But I admit that I'm a bit wary of store brand stuff as a whole (bad experiences!).

They did have 90% beef at $3.50 a pound though, which is much cheaper than other stores, but still not worth the trip for me unless I'm in the area.

And they didn't give me any bags, which I wasn't expecting, lol, so I ended up carrying everything to my car like an idiot. I'll know for next time not to forget my reusable bags (or to take a cart, they didn't have any baskets).

@Francl27 be sure you have a quarter for the cart :D I really don't like Aldi at all.
  • des0123
    des0123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stop and shop. Food town. Best yet market. North shore farms. Trader joes. Whole foods. Sometimes King kullen
  • PiperGirl08
    PiperGirl08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods!
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    In order from moat to least frequent: Kroger, Aldi, Wal-Mart, Target and Better Health (a small chain of organic, natural markets). This is in the Northeast Detroit suburbs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg

I went there this week for the first time... I was disappointed. Produce at regular price wasn't much cheaper than elsewhere, and the quality of some of the stuff seemed a bit questionable... Mostly though, the selection sucks. But I admit that I'm a bit wary of store brand stuff as a whole (bad experiences!).

They did have 90% beef at $3.50 a pound though, which is much cheaper than other stores, but still not worth the trip for me unless I'm in the area.

And they didn't give me any bags, which I wasn't expecting, lol, so I ended up carrying everything to my car like an idiot. I'll know for next time not to forget my reusable bags (or to take a cart, they didn't have any baskets).

@Francl27 be sure you have a quarter for the cart :D I really don't like Aldi at all.

They don't do that here, I think.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Whole Foods (mostly for fruits, choc milk and veggies)
    Food Lion
    Lowe's Foods
    Walmart if I'm short on funds and want to get stuff cheaper but not often and I never buy meat there
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Aldi and Costco, mostly. Amazing value. I used to like Trader Joes until I started going to Aldi and discovered they often have exactly the same things for a quarter of the price ( they are owned by the same company).
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My weekly runs include every grocery store in my city to get the best deals (I'm frugal, but they're all close so no big deal). BuyLow, Food World, Save-A-Lot, my Neighborhood Walmart and the normal Walmart (since they sell different products....?)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Lowe's foods and Harris Teeter in Winston Salem, NC.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I live in northern california. It changes but it's usually Grocery Outlet, Walmart, and Safeway.
  • april_slusher03
    april_slusher03 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kroger, Sams Club, & Aldi (Ohio)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm in western canada, but cross border shop 2x's a month. Since there are plenty of grocery stores in my area I usually go by which place has the best sales for whatever item I need, except meat, we go to the butcher for that.
    So my list:
    IGA, Superstore, Safeway, Shoppers Drugmart, Bulk Barn, Fred Meyer, Trader Joe's, Deals Only and Cash and Carry.
  • jnckaufman
    jnckaufman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Southeast Raleigh here - Costco has great prices on their organic items. Depending on your zip code Shipt now delivers to the Triangle - from Harris Teeter