Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I love sweet potato!

I tried subbing Greek yogurt for mayo in a pasta salad - ugh that was gross.

Turnips are pretty terrible as well.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Walden Farms products. -Not even once.-
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Kale. It is the stuff of nightmares.

That is all.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I tried some recipe that was subbing prunes for the fat in brownies. It claimed that you could not taste the prunes. Whatever, all you could taste was the prune.

I learned you cannot sub the fat in cookies, so don't even try.

I tried a couple of recipes for protein powder in pancakes and some that subbed Greek yogurt for the fat in brownies. In both cases, I ended up with rubber.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    grapefruit
  • HealthyGinny
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    shiritaki noodles. And because I'm a glutton for punishment, (I seriously wanted to like these things very, very badly!) I tried them 5 different times with different brands, trying different preparation methods to get a different result. Nope, just slimy, stinky rubber stuff disguising themselves as zero-calorie noodles.

oh that, yes, me too! wanted to barf...
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Wheat grass, kale, and pretty much anything in Rocco Dispirito's Now Eat This! Italian cookbook. The baked "cannolis" were particularly massive taste fail. We ended up going to a bakery the night we made those so our kids could taste the real thing. I credit 'ol Rocco for putting the nail in the fake food coffin for me. The only thing we still eat that arguably falls into the replacement food category are a certain brand of high fiber tortillas which, while they taste nothing like authentic tortillas, make decidedly "not bad" wraps.

Someone will have to take good NY style pizza from my cold dead hands.
  • HealthyGinny
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I put spinach in a smoothie because the recipe said you couldn't taste it......yuck.

I actually love that because I cannot taste it lol maybe you put too much in?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Surströmming.
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Tomatoes. Just bleh. So gross!
    Black bean brownies. Just no. Horribly no.
    Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" Another just no.

And I tried lower my sodium by drinking some low sodium v8, and I about threw up in my mouth. Yuck!
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    I love most of these - sweet potatoes, black bean brownies and even the dreaded mug cakes - at least the protein powder version! The only thing I've tried and hated was the cauliflower pizza crust, except I used broccoli as I really dislike cauliflower...the combination of far too much cheese and broccoli made me physically ill!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member

That is all.

Ditto.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    I'm a huge fan of many of people's dislikes here lol. I love me some oatmeal cookies, shiratake noodles, kale, wheat grass, seaweed, etc. I just mostly like all foods I guess :p I stick to the easy stuff to cook, however.

I guess the worst thing I've ever tried while eating healthy was raw skate Korean noodle salad. The skate was hard and a little fermented. I ate most of it though.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Brussel sprouts. Just no. I love veggies and other cruciferous veggies but I cannot handle the brussel sprouts. Ive tried to cook them a variety of ways but just nope..even cooked with bacon :neutral:
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member

That is all.

Agree. The worst thing I ever tasted. Yuk! Tried it once, hated it.

Not worth wasting calories on, even though it is low in calories.

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited April 2016
    All protein shakes...all protein bars. lol. I have a lot of protein bars. I bought a lot of flavors, assuming I'd like at least one....but no because even the tolerable ones are just not worth the calories they waste. Yogurt of any kind. Also, cottage cheese, but I will keep trying. Oh! I also strongly dislike zucchini.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Brussel sprouts. Just no. I love veggies and other cruciferous veggies but I cannot handle the brussel sprouts. Ive tried to cook them a variety of ways but just nope..even cooked with bacon :neutral:

Skip the Brussel sprouts and keep the bacon. Bacon is worth every calorie!