Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My poor, old sagging breasts now seem almost perky since they now rest on my ribcage and not my bloated belly!

sorry this made me LOL
  • Barb5051
    Barb5051 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Normal public niceties. People legitimately treat me better, and seem to like me more. Professors included. People hold the door, smile back when I smile at them, etc. It's so hurtful, last time I was this weight then gained it all back, the rebound to how people actually treat fat people, like subhumans, is such a smack in the double chin.

Being in photos again and not hiding from the camera.

Crossing my legs comfortably.

Feeling my bony knees and collar bone, as others have mentioned the weird bony knee sleeping problem.

Dancing. I love to dance, and now I'm not so clumsy on my feet.

I'm still afraid to test the leg rubs, because it's so painful if that's still there!

I hear you on crossing legs comfortably! I can do that now without fearing that one of my legs will "fall asleep"!
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My Butt would hurt after sitting in an uncomfortable chair. I credit booty building (via exercise namely squats!) that I don't have this pain any longer.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Actually craving the gym. I lift heavy three mornings a week, but by the time my rest day is over, I'm champing at the bit to get back. I've lifted in the past, but never got a one rep max of squat beyond 110 pounds. Yesterday, I squated 5 sets of 5 at 100 pounds. It felt amazing.

I've put on muscle and am nowhere near my weightloss goal... but still there are benefits. Not being exhausted or sore to the point of not being able to walk after putting a full shift in at work. Plantar fasciitis is nearly gone.

Just better posture and how much easier everything is. Life is just better. All of it is better.

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    More stamina for daily living. Discovery of food allergies. Better skin from all the water. Legs don't hurt after standing all day!
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    GMAC2016 wrote: »
    My golf game went to crap. It wasn't great to start with but the muscle memory was totally screwed up because of the redistribution of mass I think.

Same here. At my best, I was a par golfer but I had drifted away from the game before losing weight. Last year, I went out for a round with my brother in laws and it was a disaster. On the first tee, they thought I was goofing off because I swung and missed the ball on the tee three straight times. Nope! I just couldn't hit it. It was like that pretty much the whole round.
    The funny thing is that it motivated me. I had quit playing mainly because it's an expensive game and I wasn't getting better at it. Now that the winter is over, I may go out this summer and try to reinvent my swing. I can get better at golf :p

I just had my first round of the season. I have dropped 30lbs since played last fall. It took a good 7ish holes to figure out my irons and driver. Starting out I felt like a new golfer, hooking drives, chunking irons, missing chips. A few holes before the turn, I relaxed a little more than I had been and my swing became more "fluid". I wasn't trying to contort my body to accommodate my big belly (which is much smaller now) through a swing. I started to bomb the drives straight and my irons had a great flight path. Now if I could just figure out how to get off the beach efficiently... Looking forward to the next round.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!