1300 calories and no weight loss in 10 days what am idoing wrong

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    10 days isn't very long. I wouldn't start panicking yet. OP is avoiding answering the question about the food scale. I'd say if the weight doesn't start coming off in the next couple weeks then really look at your logging. That's usually where my issues are when I am not losing.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    ctop2 wrote: »
    Not losing weight doesn't always mean you're eating too much. If she's eating too little her body will go into starvation mode and then she won't lose weight either. Everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you.

I don't agree everyone is different, we're like little snowflakes. But essentially for weight loss we're generally all the same. And as @KorvapuustiPossu already linked that great article, take some time to read it and get a better understanding.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    This thread is a hot mess. I'll offer my advice though--OP be a little patient. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to see a drop. In the meantime, double check your logging for accurate entries and buy a food scale if you don't have one.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight doesn't always mean you're eating too much. If she's eating too little her body will go into starvation mode and then she won't lose weight either. Everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you.

There has to be one at every post... NO..that is not a thing.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Yup obligatory starvation mode comment and the added bonus of a diet soda has tons of sodium comment.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The chemical compounds in diet soda attach themselves to the cell membrane of fat cells, causing them to be 27%bigger, which then triggers Starvation Mode.

Source?
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The chemical compounds in diet soda attach themselves to the cell membrane of fat cells, causing them to be 27%bigger, which then triggers Starvation Mode.

I think it was a joke - it sure made me laugh!
  • arditarose
    Options
    What is going on today?!?! It is madness up in here
    Also, don't eat right before bed. Your body does not digest food unless you're awake, so going to sleep right after eating means the food undergoes cell division inside your body, and it's like you ate twice as much.

No. Your body doesn't just stop working and digesting food just because you're sleeping.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I think someone is having fun today ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I think it was a joke - it sure made me laugh!

It made me laugh too, I hope that is what was intended.
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I never lose right away after changing to healthier eating habits/more active lifestyle. It takes like a week for me. Patience, sadly, is something I really needed to learn with dieting. You'll start losing, just hang in there and stay consistent.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I think someone is having fun today ;)

Ahhhh I see...I thought it was all real at first but there's just a giant smelly troll?
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

There has to be one at every post... NO..that is not a thing.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

And her 1st post too, giving misinformation...
    Starvation mode is not real, you body will not hold onto fat.
  • betuel75
    Options
    Also, don't eat right before bed. Your body does not digest food unless you're awake, so going to sleep right after eating means the food undergoes cell division inside your body, and it's like you ate twice as much.

More misinformation. Not true. I eat 40%-50% of my calories before bed. I can eat over 1k calories before bed. I have never had a problem losing weight and keeping it off doing this.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm not smelly!

:D lol
  • betuel75
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What is going on today?!?! It is madness up in here

No. Your body doesn't just stop working and digesting food just because you're sleeping.

no kidding!!
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This thread pretty much has it all. Only thing missing is the "you are working out now and muscle weighs more than fat" argument.
  • arditarose
    Options
    This thread pretty much has it all. Only thing missing is the "you are working out now and muscle weighs more than fat" argument.

There it is!