How Making CHOICES Has Helped Me Lose Over 80 pounds.

Replies

• GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Brava!!! Very insightful and well written! I needed encouragement this Monday morning.... so Thank You!!
  • AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    What a wonderful, well thought out and well written post! I got on the scale this morning to see that I am up 3lbs after having not lost any weight over the past 3 weeks. This part......."Or you can choose to feel better. To do well. To succeed. You can embrace those jiggling wiggly bits. You can be proud and stand up straight. You can reach the top of the stairs without dying for breath. You can wear a blazer inside without sweating. You can turn sideways and look at yourself in the mirror." seriously made me tear up a little. I WILL be proud and stand up straight today for all that I have accomplished so far!

Thank you so much for writing this. I especially needed this today. :)
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Great! We just need to keep on keeping on :) Thanks for sharing a successful experience. I too continue to get back on the horse by daily logging the good and the bad days. The best of what works for you all!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Wow.. I really needed to read this today... Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
  • sjmorgan153
    sjmorgan153 Posts: 2 Member
    This is one of the best stories I've ever read - I didn't want it to end ! Absolutely brilliantly written. Just awesome. Thank you for sharing x
  • Cannonfury
    Cannonfury Posts: 12 Member
    Nice post, I have struggled with food a lot...I am an emotional eater too.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    cariduttry wrote: »
    you're an inspiration and posted exactly what i needed to hear today. it's like you wrote about me, everything from the scale games (which tile on my bathroom floor yields the lowest reading?) to trying not to think of food/exercise as punitive. it really is simple - i make choices every day about what i'm going to eat and how much i'm going to move. i am in control today and i'm showing up!! thank you for posting!

I'm so glad you relate. And I will say that thinking in terms of choices has not come easily for me. Nor has weight loss. Realizing that I'm in control has taken me years to accept and I will be working on it for a long long time. So be patient with yourself.
  • godlikepoetyes
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    You. Are. Brilliant.

The scale will go down. The scale will go up. I just need to show up.

Well, thank you!
  • godlikepoetyes
    Wow this is a really awesome post and just sums up my experience with MFP and weight loss! Cheers

Have you posted a success story?

I haven't yet as I am back at the top end of the scale - sigh. I might once I get back to it. I am currently doing mindfulness and I find it helps with what goes in my mouth.

I'm sorry that you're not where you want to be. Just hang in there.
  • godlikepoetyes
    vwright78 wrote: »
    Thank you...this was a very encouraging & inspiring post. Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing not just your weight loss success, but also HOW you got there! I think it's just what I needed today as I "get back up on the horse".

Yeah. Just get back up there! The good thing is that you already KNOW you can do it!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Just what I needed! I pretty much made the decision last night that today I would log everything regardless of what sort of day I've had. If I go over, I go over but I'll never know until I log it! I'm going through a very stressful and extremely busy year but I feel just in control enough to start again today. I will do this. It's been a very busy day as usual and tomorrow will be even busier but I'm still logging. I have about 80lb to lose so one step at a time.

Thanks for the incredibly sensible perspective and congratulations on your fantastic success!
  • godlikepoetyes
    CarolynB38 wrote: »
    Just what I needed! I pretty much made the decision last night that today I would log everything regardless of what sort of day I've had. If I go over, I go over but I'll never know until I log it! I'm going through a very stressful and extremely busy year but I feel just in control enough to start again today. I will do this. It's been a very busy day as usual and tomorrow will be even busier but I'm still logging. I have about 80lb to lose so one step at a time.

Thanks for the incredibly sensible perspective and congratulations on your fantastic success!

Yes. Logging, no matter what. No matter how you feel, how ashamed or upset.... Logging no matter what! Don't hide from the truth of things. And as I said, I often think I've gone over by so much when I haven't at all!
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Re read your post this morning- it really struck a chord with me. Should be read by every MFPer!!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Thank you for this. Just what I needed to hear. Thank you for your honesty. It felt like you were describing me perfectly. I realize there is no magic food or pill to help me get the weight off, just good ole tracking. For some reason, I've had an aversion to tracking, but I realize I just need to do it.
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you, this is a great post! Well Said.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Love this! THANK YOU! I totally needed to read this today, and tomorrow, and yesterday, and every day. I'll come back to this often, because this is most of how I feel. Now to be successful! THANK YOU! @godlikepoetyes
  • dljenk
    dljenk Posts: 3 Member
    Great post and tips. Thank you for sharing your journey.
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the post - one of the best I've read! As I was reading it, I kept thinking "yes, yes, yes!!" Once I finished, I realized that it pretty much relates to any aspect of life - the choices we make on where to work/live, etc. Just show up every day and make the best choices for you at the time, and be kind to yourself it the choice doesn't work out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!