Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    zenmummy wrote: »
    Am 45 - would appreciate some fellow 40s support.
    One month in, have lost 10 pounds, have 20 pounds more to go - aiming to do it slowly and for ever!
    Log every day, and am on weight watchers. Both are helping.

Weight Watchers? I would love to hear more about that. Could you send me a private message and tell me what you like about it? Thanks!
  • reeba0613
    reeba0613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in June!!! Determined to get some of this weight off!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll be 40 in December, does that count? Have over 100 to lose and just getting started.
  • 2strive4fitness
    2strive4fitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Turned 49 in January and started logging (again) this week. On a journey to lose 70-75 lbs in a healthy way. No more dieting, but rather eating clean and healthy and logging my food to stay accountable. Looking for the support of others as well to help me stay motivated.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Turned 49 in January and started logging (again) this week. On a journey to lose 70-75 lbs in a healthy way. No more dieting, but rather eating clean and healthy and logging my food to stay accountable. Looking for the support of others as well to help me stay motivated.

You got it!! On the same boat as you. Lets do this!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    corsayre8 wrote: »
    Well, I'll be 40 in December, does that count? Have over 100 to lose and just getting started.

Yes it does!! Add me so we can support each other.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Me too...heading towards 50 yo. Would love some friends to help keep me accountable too!

You look great!! So glad you could join us. Add me!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am so happy to see all your responses. It takes a village. Lets support each other through this journey. We can do it!!
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I turned 44 in January and I need friends that are going to support me, not just "like" my status lol. Y'all feel free to add me.
  • nell911
    nell911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    40+ looking to loose 3stone.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I turned 44 in January and I need friends that are going to support me, not just "like" my status lol. Y'all feel free to add me.

Hi!! Nice to meet you. I love the interactions and the support!
  • WithGodICanDoThis
    WithGodICanDoThis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have more than 100 pounds, turn 41 in September. Try to log my food everyday and have it open. Definitely need support and want to help others! I've lost 8 lbs so far....long journey ahead. BUT, I have to start somewhere. Please ADD me!
  • lindabalseca
    lindabalseca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will be 49 in july and i have 136# to lose. Im an uncontrolled diabetic but since i came on mfp....i have been much better. this is a great tool to keep me in line. however, i am looking for motivational and supportive people. I was in the emergency room the end of march and the doctor told me that all my problems come from me not doing anything about my weight. He said and i quote "youre to the point no one is going to WANT or be ABLE to help you. My daughter (15) was outside the curtain and heard every word. Talk about making a person feel hopeless...I'm gonna take this one day at a time....
  • verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am a lovely 41 as of last month, and ready to re-up my new years motivation that's gotten me down 17 lbs so far. We can do this!
  • tisdalla
    tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 a few months ago and have 30-40 pounds to lose. I've been logging in and half-heartedly tracking but I've officially recommitted myself to losing the weight. Feel free to add me!
  • vivelazurlo
    vivelazurlo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to fitness pal and open to new friends. On isagenix and trying to get active. Have already lost a lot over time but have stubborn 70 more to go.