Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Options

Replies

• Denise0621
    Denise0621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am starting my journey again I initial lost 25 pounds but gained it all back after a knee injury this past summer. Currently 261 and my goal weight is 160, any helpful tips and motivation will be greatly appreciated!!!
  • pinkpsyche
    pinkpsyche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I would love to invite every one of you as friends but since i'm new here, i'm still learning. Can someone explain how please?

I have been reading all the posts and have been there, done that with lots of what i read. Multiple diets, start and stop, disease, bad knees... i can 100% relate to the struggles. I am here to encourage and be encouraged. Please feel free to add me.
  • younke
    younke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 5'3 and 229. Looking to lose 103 pounds. This is my 2nd time joining. This time my husband has joined with me. I have a different attitude this time and hoping to succeed. I'll take any support and suggestions available.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hey I'm 24 and I started mfp when I was 22. I started at 246 and now I weigh 152ish for a total of around 90lbs lost. I still want to lose 50 more! I'm 4'11
  • Courtney9233
    Courtney9233 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Courtney. I'm 34 yrs old and have health problems due to a car accident. So therefore, I really need to lose 105 pounds so that my hips and back stop hurting. I workout but I wasn't losing any weight. The docs told me to eat more so I can lose. They said my body is in starvation mode so I'm trying to revamped my metabolism. Please add me.
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm on the same boat :):)
  • marlee0116
    marlee0116 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, just had a baby and I'd really love to have people to help motivate me. I'm horrible with losing weight and I have a long ways to go
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, 5'7, and I have a LOT of weight to lose. I've lost juuuust over 10lbs so far, but I'd love to have some lady friends with similar goals so we can work together :)

(Men are also welcome! I just wanted to to specify my own goals so that I can work with women in the same boat as me)

I've got a lot of weight to lose also and would love to have some friends who have the same goals. I am new to MFP.
  • lgrichard32
    lgrichard32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site and have at least 160 lb to loose. Also dealing with Knee OA, so if anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear-Thanks in advance :smile:
  • nalley80
    nalley80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I am 31 (in 10 days) and need to lose about 120 for a start. My weight has always been an issue and at one point I weighed over 400 lbs (I'm 5'6). I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and didn't realize it had started creeping back up until about a year ago. I started MFP for the first time then but lost all motivation and interest. I stepped on a scale 10 days ago and realized that I am back up to 292. I cried for about an hour then stopped throwing my personal pity party and started looking for something I could really get into and lose the weight. I have been following Chris Powell's Carb Cycling and Extreme Weight Loss workout videos on Youtube. In 10 days I have lost 5.5 pounds. I hope to keep the momentum going. Good Luck to all of us that we stick with the complete change of life. Because this is what it is all about, not a diet or working out, but changing your life for the better.
  • pinkpsyche
    pinkpsyche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site and have at least 160 lb to loose. Also dealing with Knee OA, so if anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear-Thanks in advance :smile:

I too have osteoarthritis in my knees; particularly my right one is very bad. Had a bad car accident in hs and shattered more than 1/2 of it. Has pained me ever since. I find i am way more ambitious than my knee is. Its really slowing me down. Frustrating!!! Trying to be patient with myself. Not my strongest quality. Lol
  • LouiseI17
    LouiseI17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 5'6 with a goal of 100+ pounds! Could really use some extra motivation and support! Please add me!
  • sajxoxoo
    sajxoxoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also want too lose 100+ !!
  • irisott669
    irisott669 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel hopeless but reading everyone's posts gives me hope.
  • AlisonMulhare
    AlisonMulhare Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    nalley80 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!! I am 31 (in 10 days) and need to lose about 120 for a start. My weight has always been an issue and at one point I weighed over 400 lbs (I'm 5'6). I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and didn't realize it had started creeping back up until about a year ago. I started MFP for the first time then but lost all motivation and interest. I stepped on a scale 10 days ago and realized that I am back up to 292. I cried for about an hour then stopped throwing my personal pity party and started looking for something I could really get into and lose the weight. I have been following Chris Powell's Carb Cycling and Extreme Weight Loss workout videos on Youtube. In 10 days I have lost 5.5 pounds. I hope to keep the momentum going. Good Luck to all of us that we stick with the complete change of life. Because this is what it is all about, not a diet or working out, but changing your life for the better.

Hi nalley,

I know your story - its mine!! I weighed myself in Jan and was 251lbs. I'm 33 (was 32 then :) ) and I'm 5ft 4.5" - I've lost 15lbs so far and really want this!

I completely agree - for me it's not just lose weight it's changing my life for a better healthier one that will continue after the 'just losing weight' bit

Alison
  • irisott669
    irisott669 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-4" and 215lbs. I'm 55 years old.
  • teachkjm71
    teachkjm71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 44, and 5'2" and have 100+ to lose. I have been using MFP/Advocare for the past 6 weeks and have lost 20lbs. I love using this app to track what I eat, personally I have to track or I get off track.
  • r0bbinmtc
    r0bbinmtc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    nalley80 wrote: »

Hi every one. I started my journey after being laid up with 4 shoulder surgeries in 5 years. When I started I was 275 lbs. I m 58, and started by walking a block. I m now @ 203 lbs and I have kept it off for a year. Now, I am ready to lose the rest.
  • r0bbinmtc
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm so glad you're doing better this time :) We can hold each other accountable for keeping up momentum! I'm definitely looking forward to a friendship with you :)

Absolutely
  • r0bbinmtc
    Options
    Absolutely