Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• SLLadyVA
    SLLadyVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for this thread. I'll be 41 in a week. :) Have lost 3 out of 30 pounds so far. Anyone on this thread, please feel free to add me!
  • RunningNeeNee69
    RunningNeeNee69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    46 will turn 47 next month..have about 40 pds I want to lose..just started mfp 2 weeks ago already down about 5 pds
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    40 yrs old. Got 110lbs to lose. So far I've lost 1 lb this week. Whoot Whoot! Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • jwaggoner486
    jwaggoner486 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30. First 5 are up and down all the time. Next 10 come and go depending on the season and how much stress I am under. But that final 15 has been here for 15 years! I'm ready to get back to great habits and am eager to motivate others. I'm much better with a group! Please friend me.
  • SLLadyVA
    SLLadyVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30. First 5 are up and down all the time. Next 10 come and go depending on the season and how much stress I am under. But that final 15 has been here for 15 years! I'm ready to get back to great habits and am eager to motivate others. I'm much better with a group! Please friend me.

You have described my situation almost exactly. I want all 30 gone!! We can do this!
  • pootsquee
    pootsquee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel
    My hormones are
    Making things worse. Anyone else feel this?
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I turn 44 this year. I have been struggling to get the baby weight off too. My babies are 23 and 21 lol. No but seriously I gained massive weight with my first child over 100 pounds and never got it off. I did fad diets and weight watchers and would lose 20 then stop and gain it back plus 10. In February I started my new life. Since then I have dropped 42 pounds. I still have a long way to go but I'm committed. My diary is open. I log everyday. And I comment on just about every post.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need to continue what I've started and stick to it. Am tired of being a yo yo. I'm a December baby, so I'd like/would love to drop 30 lbs by then. Anyone can add me. The more support the better.
  • peaches183
    peaches183 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position. I am not over 40 but will be 41 next month. Add me anyone here Can very motivating positive let's see results together as a team
  • lzap27
    lzap27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Over 40 here, with 65 pounds to lose. Have lost 15 so far since mid February. I am on here everyday- feel free to add me :)
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    pootsquee wrote: »
    I feel
    My hormones are
    Making things worse. Anyone else feel this?

Yes!!!!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    SLLadyVA wrote: »

You have described my situation almost exactly. I want all 30 gone!! We can do this!

Same here!! Lets do this!!
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My peeps! 45 here and a fair amount to lose.. down a little over 30 lbs so far and doing the C25K program so I can run an entire 5k for the first time evah in July.

LOVE your profile photo BTW. Major WDW fan here. Good luck and can't wait to here you do. I've done the C25K program before...it's great. We are sorta doing it ourselves at home, well my husband is starting it again and I'm trying to work with him as well when I can.
  • dmcatlady
    Options
    I am 42 with over 100 lbs to lose. Lost my first 5 and it feel AMAZING! I know it's only 5, but it's what I needed to kick start me on the journey. I am excited to not do this alone! :)

It's funny how much just watching those numbers on the scale go down does to our motivation! Way to go!!!
  • dmcatlady
    Options
    scubakat67 wrote: »
    I am 48 - turning 49 in September. I'm tired of being tired and I'm tired of losing and gaining the same two pounds - it was only just a few years ago that I was in pretty darn good shape (may not have been at my goal weight, but at least I was physically fit). Then "stuff" happens - and I don't even have any really good excuse. Add 20+ pounds and a complete 180 on my exercise ... I've become sedentary, have no stamina/endurance, and just about everything hurts. Getting old sucks! Time to get off my a** and become my own poster child for the Nike ad "Just Do It"! Feel free to add me - I check my home feed daily and I'm trying to be more active on the message boards.

Sound familiar here. It was just a few years ago also for me that I was about 20-25 pounds less and felt great about it. I lost weight (actually had to) to fit into a bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding. Then it slowly starting coming back on me. Wishing you luck and lots of support here!
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi. I just sent request to join. The women here are great. Am 47 myself. Mom of two small kids with multiple health issues which make my MFP adventure stop-start (15lbs gone, 15-20lbs to go) ... and my weight loss chart looks like shark teeth (which amuses me) ... need support and encouragement but mostly inspiration from others. Feel free to add me too.
  • dmcatlady
    Options
    Four years ago...one of my first times using MFP...and I weighed 13 pounds less than I do now. One of my new goals wll be to surpass that low and record a weight here that is the lowest ever. Baby steps! It is a new day and time to get started!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    dmcatlady wrote: »
    Four years ago...one of my first times using MFP...and I weighed 13 pounds less than I do now. One of my new goals wll be to surpass that low and record a weight here that is the lowest ever. Baby steps! It is a new day and time to get started!

You can do it!! Yes!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options

Hi. I just sent request to join. The women here are great. Am 47 myself. Mom of two small kids with multiple health issues which make my MFP adventure stop-start (15lbs gone, 15-20lbs to go) ... and my weight loss chart looks like shark teeth (which amuses me) ... need support and encouragement but mostly inspiration from others. Feel free to add me too.

MFP adventure. That is a great way to put it!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    44 and struggling like crazy,
    15 yrs ago I lost 60 lbs and now trying to get rid of 70 Lbs
    Feel free to add me, I may not always comment, but message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm in wifi range!