Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @argieach - Wow what a nice burn!! I'm excited to recieve my heart rate monitor (hurry up post man) at the moment I log mine as basic circuit intervals for a rough estimate so I get 234 I think it is. Will be nice to see if it's more or less when that comes.

Also anyone with sweet tooth.. Please try grenade protein bars.. I had th3 chocolate mint and it tastes identical if not better than an after eight mint! Also rather big bars and very filling my friend said the white one tastes like milky bar so I will be going back to my gym and buying more. If I'm craving chocolate or just need to up my protein this will be my goto snack!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ohh I do have a sweet tooth! I make room in my calories for a nice piece (or two) of Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    OMG my program just might arrive TODAY!!!! That was so fast!
    So what's the very first workout to do? I just might attempt it tonight! OMG! Excited and nervous. :smiley:
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm on day 2 of alpha and looking for abit of motivation and accountability. So far I've just been doing the modifications gonna weight until next week before moving from them.
    I have alot to loss and find that exercise is no problem once I press play but my eating is really bad.
    Good to see people are still doing T25. Reecy x
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Real149 wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm on day 2 of alpha and looking for abit of motivation and accountability. So far I've just been doing the modifications gonna weight until next week before moving from them.
    I have alot to loss and find that exercise is no problem once I press play but my eating is really bad.
    Good to see people are still doing T25. Reecy x

Hi Real149, take your measurements now and keep taking them every week, the inch loss will help motivate you! I'm down a dress size and reacquainted with my hip bones on week 7 :smile:

As far as food goes try swapping normal potatoes for sweet potato, tablespoons of oil for one cal spray etc and weigh everything that you log! The little changes really do add up. Slimming world have good recipes to try too if you want a healthy version of a favorite.

Keep posting your progress on here, we will help motivate you!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 how exciting the first one is cardio you get a calendar with it to mark down your days!! Goodluck with it.. ps. I also love lindt!

@Real149 Welcome to our thread it seems you are not alone with the food problem we all tend to get stuck know on this for different reasons but any help we can give you we will. I had venison today and found its amazingly high in protein and iron no carbon. So that's a really good for to swap out in your normal burger. Like you I find once I've actually pushed play I'm okay or get into it after 5minutes or do.. sometimes it's making yourself push the button that is the hard bit. Keep going your not alone.. I modify alot still and it's getting easier, some people did the first week twice once modified ans the next time a bit of both.. me personally I went straight into week two and I'm doing just fine! X
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 Speed 2.0 is tough but I wouldn't let that stop you from moving on to the Beta phase when you finish Alpha. There's no shame in modifying or taking a couple seconds to catch your breath. Just do what you gotta do to finish the workout!

I did Rip't Circuit today. I really liked it! Might be my new favorite. It doesn't burn a ton of calories though because there's not as much cardio.

Fun fact: Did you know that Scott (the blonde guy in all the videos) is Shawn T's husband? His hands are all over him in the Rip't Circuit video. Also, Derrick is Tania's husband.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    On day 2, I'm super excited and could use accountability!
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Did you all follow the guide book, especially about caloric intake recommendation? I have been faithful to 1200 and losing fairly steadily. I don't want that to stop but I also want to be able to follow this program. any tips?
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Blessed_Mommy86 , I wouldn't let how you're doing in Alpha keep you from moving to Beta Rachel. I was absolutely modifying moves still in Alpha. And I don't know what it is because a lot moves are straight from Alpha, but I guess the ones I had to modify just haven't reared their ugly head (at least not yet!)....and I'm just able to push through.

I really like Ript Circuit too!

@kittehkitteh88 I can only hope by week 7 I would be down a size. Would you say you were close to already being there before you started T25? Is it a little Beta magic people speak of lol?
  • ReecyCGB
    Options
    @SCP0914 I'm on day 2 also. I found Speed 1.0 good, I got a bit confused with the foot work as I was tripping over myself, can't weight to do it properly.
    @kittehkitteh88 I took my measurements this morning. Can't wait to see them shrink.
    @RachelRiley87 I never get enough protein, I try my best. I always thought that I ate alot of meat but I was wrong.
  • ReecyCGB
    Options
    @Heartlight441 With the nutritional program you either fit in the 1200 or 1600 calories a day. I'm doing my own, 1800 calories a day as I am breastfeeding, hopefully I still lose the weight.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Real149 wrote: »
    @Heartlight441 With the nutritional program you either fit in the 1200 or 1600 calories a day. I'm doing my own, 1800 calories a day as I am breastfeeding, hopefully I still lose the weight.

Thanks! I fall into the '1600 calories' category based on the little quiz but kinda scared that I will stall on my weight loss, up from 1200. Or do you think the program is tough enough to compensate for that?
  • ReecyCGB
    Options
    @Heartlight441 I think the program is tough enough to compensate. But I say try the 1600 calories a day for a week and see the results, if you're not happy go back to 1200 calories.
    I was eating 1600 calories for a week and found I was really irritable, everything was setting me off, so increased it to 1800. I'm not a grumpy mummy anymore.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    thanks will do!!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Just finished Dynamic Core, and had to modify several moves. I do feel like I modified less moves than I had to during the Ab Intervals workout in Alpha.

I'm feeling it in my core! Hope that means I'm going to melt some inches in my waist during this Beta Round.

Off to the gym!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am glad that I found this thread. I have had T25 for a while now and in March I made it through to the middle of week three. A business trip and two holidays in April derailed me for the month. I will be starting Alpha over again tonight. I look forward to posting on here, I apologize for being behind everyone, but I hope you will have me. I do not follow the eating plan that came with the program, I follow my calorie allotment from MFP which is around 1500 calories a day, plus I eat back some of my exercise calories. All calorie burns are monitored with a HRM. I travel a ton for work so sticking to exact schedule will be next to impossible for me, but I will try my hardest.

I am very much looking forward to getting moving again.

32 Male
    SW 242
    CW 218
    GW somewhere under 200.
  • kittehkitteh88
    Options
    @motivatedsister I don't seem to have lost much weight pounds wise but the inch loss is noticeable, I'm comfy in clothes that were tight before starting and wearing old clothes in a lower size ^_^ the warmer weather is making salads more appealing which is definitely helping!

@50extra welcome to the thread! Keep us updated with how you are getting on!
  • kittehkitteh88
    Options
    Interesting to see which workouts are everyone's favorites and most hated, despite having more strength in my lower body, I hated doing lower focus, but I love doing speed 2, i like the fast pace and that there is no time to get bored with moves. I borrowed hip hop abs to try after t-25, i'm going to try and mix it up with some of the t-25s
  • Heartlight441
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My kit arrived! I was going to start last night but I want to read through the booklet first and get the poster up on the wall etc. I decided I'll start next week (Monday). Did you all follow the nutrition? I'm supposed to eat for 1600 calories and this really has me nervous. I've been eating between 1200 and 1300 and losing well. Do you really feel 1600 is necessary on this program? I do want to make sure I have energy to give it my all, but don't want my weight losses to stall and god-forbid to gain! Thx Real149 even said she went up to 1800 but that scares me to go up so much. I'm currently 161.8 and my goal is 140. Once there, then I'll set a new goal as I'm only 5'3".