Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    May 1 - 17km run.
    May 3 - Light parkour 2 km run.
    May 5 - 8 km slow & gym.

Total 27 km goal 120 km.

Missed two runs this week due to travel, going to catch up on one tomorrow (and keep some flex over the next weeks). Reading a bit about the Dolomite range and the Via Ferrata and I hope to plan a climbing, hiking expedition there in the next year, maybe even a little running.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

I tried....they don't ship to Canada :'(

Oh... eff that... that is reason enough to move.
    I wonder if I would get busted at the border smuggling in a trunk full of Merrells....

bahaha....well....we HAVE a website for Merrells...just no zero drop running shoes. All kinds of hiking shoes and such. I guess Canadians are apparently more apt to walk up mountains than go for a road run
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    After 3 days of constant raining I managed to do some running again. Huray.

Noticed a lot of people got injured lately. That sucks. I know that feel. Just find something to replace running with for the time being. It feels like hell but you will manage

..Date.....Distance.......Sore spot today
    May 01 - rest
    May 02 - 4.1 km..........Arches of feet
    May 03 - rest
    May 04 - rest
    May 05 - rest
    May 06 - 5 km....................Butt

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    08/05: VeterRUN 6.7k
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @PoppetsMaster and @ROBOTFOOD, perhaps a silly question, but are these 50k and 100k's races? Are there mandatory rest stops? That kind of running is intriguing to me!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    5/1...Rest
    5/2...4.25 @ 12:22 on the hilly lake trail
    5/3...3.0 @ 13:00 (this is really 2.0 @ 12:00 and 1.0 walking) on the treadmill and strength training day
    5/4...4.25 @ 11:51 (most of it was around 11:30, but mile 4 is a brutal hill) on the neighborhood rail trail
    5/5...2 miles walking. I'm not counting it, but thought I'd throw it in here as my "active rest" day

Completed races:
    1/18 MLK 8K, Burke, VA 56:14
    2/22 Princess Half, Orlando FL, 2:49:33
    4/23 Healthy Strides Community 10K, Burke, VA 1:14:29
    4/30 Run for the Children 8K, Fairfax, VA 56:35

Upcoming races:
    5/21 RunFitKidz 5K, Springfield, VA (maybe--if recovered enough from surgery)
    6/12 Celebrate Fairfax 5K, Fairfax, VA
    7/4 Freedom 5K, Fairfax VA
    9/5 Great American 5K, Fairfax, VA
    Either Hemlock Half or Divas Half in September
    10/30 MCM 10K, Washington, DC
    11/6 The Parks 10K, Washington, DC
    11/19 Potomac River Half, Carderock, MD

exercise.png

• CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5/1 25 min spinning, no run
    5/2 3.9 miles
    5/3 4.2 miles
    5/5 4.5 miles - this is how far I can get in a full hour!

I really hope i'm not the last one in the 4mile race coming up at the end of June :)

exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    May Running Totals (miles)
    5/1 – 3.11 easy
    5/2 – rest day
    5/3 – extra rest day
    5/4 – 3.51 almost easy
    5/5 – 6.34 easy

May total to date – 12.96

Nominal Challenge Goal – 150 miles
    Real Goals: Recover from Boston and Flower City. Build Base. Start training program for Rochester Marathon.

Today's notes – Thursday is speed work with the club. I went, did my 2 mile warmup, noted that I was running it too fast. The assignment for the club was a continual run of 10 miles, first 8 easy and last 2 at T pace. I'm clearly not up to T just yet, and I was skeptical about being up to even 8 easy miles after the earlier 2. But there were some folks doing a preview of the Lilac run course, and I like previews. Lilac is a kind of out, loop, and back course; I ended up running the loop with some other people, letting them set the pace. That slowed me down and hopefully helped with feeling how to run easy again. We started the loop in the middle, and when we got to the out and back part I just finished the loop and added a bit of distance to get to a port-a-pot. A bit over 2 miles too fast, plus a bit over 4 miles nice and easy.

I'm down to one consistently sore spot in my right leg. I'm not sure exactly what muscle it is, but I'm happy that all the secondary aches and twinges went away. The stretches Coach gave me on Tuesday seem to be helping, i.e. I was able to run 2 days in a row. I'll take tomorrow as a rest day on principal, because I'm supposed to pace 11, 20, or 22 miles on Saturday. No way I'm up to 20 miles this week, but 11 might be possible if the leg gets better with another rest day.

In hindsight, I probably could have got away with running the full Lilac course, ending up with between 8 and 9 miles today. But I played it conservatively, and I don't regret that. Getting better is more important that adding miles on any specific day.

2016 races:
    January 1, 2016 Resolution Run 7.5 mile (Mendon, NY) finished in 53:58
    January 9, 2016 Winter Warrior Half Marathon (Gates, NY) finished in 1:30:59
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY) finished in 32:32
    March 26, 2016 Spring Forward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY) finished in 1:05:24
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA) finished in 3:23:01
    April 24, 2016 Flower City Challenge Half Marathon (Rochester, NY) finished in 1:36:50, targeting MP
    May 15, 2016 Highland Hospital Lilac Run 10K (Rochester, NY)
    June 19, 2016 Medved 5K to Cure ALS (Rochester, NY)
    July 16, 2016 Shoreline Half Marathon (Hilton, NY)
    September 18, 2016 Rochester Marathon (Rochester, NY)

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I tried....they don't ship to Canada :'(
    Oh... eff that... that is reason enough to move.
    I wonder if I would get busted at the border smuggling in a trunk full of Merrells....

@PoppetsMaster Hey it's eBay or Merrel that have the problem. Us Canucks aren't that bad, we have strong beer and Whiskey that has won international awards.
    If you came across the border with a trunk full of Merrells all you would have to do is have 4-6 pairs of wornout shoes of the same brand on top the pile. Say you were coming to run the Grande Cache Great Canadian Death Race
    and you should be good to go.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Just found this link which shows Screen captures of a Web Camera at the Fort McMurray Airport and really puts everything in perspective as to how fast the Wild Fire exploded into an out of control Inferno.
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    zoe2434 wrote: »
    @PoppetsMaster and @ROBOTFOOD, perhaps a silly question, but are these 50k and 100k's races? Are there mandatory rest stops? That kind of running is intriguing to me!

The ones I run are trail races... and they usually have aid stations every 8-10 miles loaded with food you can eat on the run and various things to drink. There are no mandatory rests. In fact, it's quite the opposite... they all have cut-off times by which you have to finish, and some of the longer ones will have cut-off times at each aid station and if you miss one, you are out of the race.
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    DATE...............MILES.............TOTAL
    5/1....................REST................00.00
    5/2....................REST................00.00
    5/3.......................5.00.................5.00
    5/4.....................10.00...............15.00
    5/5.......................3.00...............18.00

exercise.png

exercise.png

2016 Races
    5/14: Glacier Ridge Ultra -- 50k (Portersville, PA)
    6/4: Kettle 100 Night Fun Run -- 38 miles (Whitewater, WI)
    7/16: ColorRun --5k (with my 15 year old)(Pittsburgh, PA)
    7/17: Presque Isle Half-Marathon (Erie, PA) -- This is maybe.. road races have too many people...
    9/10: 1st Annual Possum Glory Endurance Race -- 50k (Northern Cambria, PA)
    10/1: Cloudsplitter 100 -- 100 Miles (Pine Mountain, KY)

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    So, I had to....wife wanted to go for a walk....so it wasn't a run....but I think I'm going to love my Ghost 8's evem more than my Glycerins.....Taking the Ghosts and my first pair of running shoes a pair of women's (Gasp! stupid small feet) Nike pegasus32, for my long run, then pacing mom for the 5k, respectively.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 26.2 miles (26.5 according to Garmin!)
    5/2: Marathon recovery day
    5/3: More marathon recovery
    5/4: 3.5 miles with Pacers Wed squad
    5/5: 3.5 miles with Thursday crew

Good run with the group tonight! I only did the first loop, but I am feeling much better than I was even yesterday. Everyone was congrats-ing me about Sunday, and when I mentioned my plan to take another shot at 26.2 in 3.5 weeks, everyone was like, "DUDE GO FOR IT." I may even be able to hitch a ride with some folks with another group runner's club, and if that works out then I will be A+. I'm just marathon crazy right now, when I'm not busy being "finishing my MA degree" crazy! Post-run was beers at the local pub for Cinco de Mayo. Overall the run today was really low-key and chill, since most of us ran a marathon 4 days ago! It was nice just to get out and socialize a bit after editing/writing all day :)

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    5/15: Princeton 5k << social event, not racing!
    6/11: Pacers Princeton Halfway Half (Princeton, NJ)
    7/4: a fourth of july race somewhere!
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon

• juliet3455
    Options
    Work schedule due to the Fort McMurray Fire had us staying late preparing equipment for Emergency use by RCMP and Fire Fighters heading into the Battle to provide relief to the members on the ground. So tonight was my first chance to get out for a little stress relief run. Hit the Bush Trails for 14 km's and 300m Hill.

05/01 – 0.0 Km – 0.0 - 140 km
    05/01 – 10.0 Km – 10.0 - 130 km
    05/05 – 14.0 Km – 24.0 - 116 km – YTD 538.8 km

exercise.png
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5/1 - Resting from the previous day's 5k race (that was totally not a 5k and I'm still annoyed about)
    5/2 - N/A
    5/3 - 2 miles
    5/4 - N/A
    5/5 - 2 miles

Total: 4/25

Now don't you go thinking my N/A days mean I ain't moving. I got dogs to walk and strength training going on too. I'm glad it's not too humid in Wisconny yet, not looking forward to those months.
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    May 1 - 4 miles
    May 3 - 2.25 miles (of 3.1 scheduled)
    May 4 - 1.3 mile short run to warm up for strength training & catch up a bit from yesterday
    May 5 - 3 miles

exercise.png

Planned Races
    May 7th - Wildflower 5K trail run
    July 9th - Jingle in July 5K July @ Santa Claus House / North Pole
    Dec 3 & 4 - San Antonio Rock N Roll 10K & 5K

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    5/5 - Was resting, but decided to take full advantage of the cooler temps. Here in Vegas, they are RARE this time of yr! SO, 5mi shakeout run for Cinco de Mayo! Easy pace with a last mile pickup. Splits: 8:19, 8:21, 8:24, 8:18, 7:21
    READY FOR MARATHON!!!

5/1 - Rest
    5/2 - 3.1 (6:52/mi)
    5/3 - Rest
    5/4 - 6.5 (7:18/mi)
    5/5 - 5.0 (8:07/mi)

May total: 14.6 / 185mi
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    I have the vivoactive - was a little disappointed when I opened it at Christmas, because I'd asked for the Forerunner, but I have LOVED the vivo. Yes, it includes a good step counter, so I have tossed the fitbit One, and use Garmin Connect regularly (along with MapMyRun.com and Strava).

@9voice9 I've started using MapMyWalk/Run for my walks. Does it sync with Strava?
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Orphia @Stoshew71 I think that's the doctor I saw! I heard a stat that 50% of docs are frauds.

@Elise4270 :smiley: Ha, that video's the Web Doctor, did he tell you that stat? :smiley:
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »

@PoppetsMaster 100 mile run?!!!!?

*trembles in awe*
    I am going to attempt it... all my races this summer are basically being used as training runs. My brother has done two 100 mile races so far and he really wants me to do this with him. I have some concerns though.... one is the time I have to put into training for it. When the program starts calling for 70-75 mile weeks, I will have to do doubles to get all the miles in and that sucks away big chunks of time. Two, I wonder how I will hold up under the wear and tear of that many training miles. And three (the biggest concern) is the course itself. UltraRunning magazine rates it as the second most difficult course on the East Coast... and with a 40 hour cutoff, it is a substantially more brutal course than I would have chosen for my first attempt. But we will take a good hard whack at it... lol

Good luck man! I will be running a 50k in 4 wks then possibly 80k in June and 100k in July. I haven't decided for sure yet. I'm waiting to see if I change my mind after the 50k lol. If all goes well, a 100miler would be next.

There is this 24hr run that's literally 3miles from my house. It's next year. I'm definitely running some distance there. 6hr, 12hr, 24hr, 48hr options.

Absolutely farking insanely amazing, both of you, @PoppetsMaster and @ROBOTFOOD