New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    tzfub46md4vo.jpeg
    New to me! Man are they good! Like burned cheese and very crunchy. 10g of protein in a serving.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    tzfub46md4vo.jpeg
    New to me! Man are they good! Like burned cheese and very crunchy. 10g of protein in a serving.

OMG these look delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    tzfub46md4vo.jpeg

Oh this looks tasty.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    czaxm00hko4q.jpg
    I was so impressed with Kodiak Cake's dark chocolate pancake mix that I returned to target and splurged on the crunchy peanut butter, too. It was on sale though so how could I not!?
    This time I didn't follow the directions and used way less water which helped the pancakes turn out like actual pancakes (not crepes). They were very thick, moist, and had an excellent texture with the occasional crunch of peanut! This being said, they're not sweet at all and for that reason if you're torn between the two I would suggest the dark chocolate which has chocolate chips to sweeten it a bit. This one would be better I'm sure with syrup, but all I had on me was cajeta and it still wasn't as sweet as I'd like.
    Still, very good and filling and no weird aftertaste. A solid pancake base with a lot of potential and you could easily get really creative with it. Great ingredients and I give it a 7/10 but the dark chocolate is still a 9/10 to me as long as you use less water than the mix suggests!
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    czaxm00hko4q.jpg
    I was so impressed with Kodiak Cake's dark chocolate pancake mix that I returned to target and splurged on the crunchy peanut butter, too. It was on sale though so how could I not!?
    This time I didn't follow the directions and used way less water which helped the pancakes turn out like actual pancakes (not crepes). They were very thick, moist, and had an excellent texture with the occasional crunch of peanut! This being said, they're not sweet at all and for that reason if you're torn between the two I would suggest the dark chocolate which has chocolate chips to sweeten it a bit. This one would be better I'm sure with syrup, but all I had on me was cajeta and it still wasn't as sweet as I'd like.
    Still, very good and filling and no weird aftertaste. A solid pancake base with a lot of potential and you could easily get really creative with it. Great ingredients and I give it a 7/10 but the dark chocolate is still a 9/10 to me as long as you use less water than the mix suggests!

Good to know!

I still like the plain power cakes honestly because they make a fantastic sandwich base!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've seen the Cheese Os at HEB and something similar at Starbucks.

They do look very tasty but it's pretty expensive
  • Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

There's a lot of better bars out there! I've become a fan of detour, fitcrunch, and oh yeah (specifically birthday cake)
  • fkwan
    fkwan Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks. You just saved me $10. I agree with you on the S'mores. It seems the peanut butter leaves an aftertaste. The almond butter (at least the brownie batter flavor) seems far superior. Would love it if you could sample the salted caramel and banana flavors too!
  • lynnmar25
    lynnmar25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the Mr. Cheese O's! Perfect for an afternoon snack and a good amount of protein. The cheddar and parmesan ones are my favorites.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    fkwan wrote: »
    Thanks. You just saved me $10. I agree with you on the S'mores. It seems the peanut butter leaves an aftertaste. The almond butter (at least the brownie batter flavor) seems far superior. Would love it if you could sample the salted caramel and banana flavors too!

I'll not be ordering any more for awhile - gotta eat these ones first! But I'll probably stick with the almond ones from now on anyway.

I tried the Daiya non dairy Greek yogurt in peach flavour. It's alright. It's kind of satisfying in that way bland food can be. It really just doesn't have much flavour. I definitely won't be buying it again, because they're not so tasty as to justify the price, but I'll eat the other one I bought.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Yeah, I just checked. It's two dollars for a 28gr bag.

My local store sells the original flavor, cheddar, and Tuscan herb.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not sure if these are new or just new to my grocery store but I'm a sucker for anything smores. Has anyone tried them?
    ehtrawfwa0en.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Shop Rite had the Double Rainbow frozen custard on sale so I bought the salted caramel one. Tasty. Calories suck though so it will probably not be a repeat buy.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    tzfub46md4vo.jpeg

These are wonderful! And there's a Parmesan flavor, too. Not sure which I like best. Both are delish. Too bad at Sprouts right now they are $2.49/bag, which is 1 serving. But still, YUM CITY.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    tzfub46md4vo.jpeg

These are wonderful! And there's a Parmesan flavor, too. Not sure which I like best. Both are delish. Too bad at Sprouts right now they are $2.49/bag, which is 1 serving. But still, YUM CITY.

Thus is a large bag that I got at Costco for like 7 bucks!!
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Fit & Active Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bars... omg so so soooooo good! <3
    Fit & active is a new brand to me and now I"m shopping for more of it at great prices at Aldi's.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    It's been a year, but I finally decided to pick up one of Ben and Jerry's Core pints, Speculoo. My first impression wasn't great. I paired a serving with that was left of Dryer's California Almond Crunch. The flavors did not go well together.

I had it alone today and had a better time with it, but still wasn't impressed. The cookies aren't great and too big.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    339z9x1hwmlb.jpeg

Has anyone tried these drops? I'm looking for flavored syrups to add to my coffee in the morning besides normal stevia.