Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• babyspike
    babyspike Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?

You can click on their name and then click on their name again to bring up their profile. Then you can add them with the little plus sign.
  • babyspike
    Options
    I would love be some new friends!
    I'm 43 and looking to lose quite a bit of weight. I've lost 22 lbs so far.
  • babyspike
    Options
    I'm 44. I'm a single mom...yep mom not single parent. I've felt so ALONE lately. My son is 7.
    He called me "Moo Moo Cow" yesterday. I was so hurt and angry @ him and @ myself.
    I've done this dance for almost 40 years and feel like it's never ending. I have at least 70 lbs to lose this time.
    So demoralized.

Aww. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you. Kids don't have filters or a concept of all the subtlety of discussing weight with adults. He loves you! Give both of you a little grace.
  • HeatherLManuel
    HeatherLManuel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll add you and everyone else please feel free to add me too.
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 on Sunday I have a 100 pounds to lose. I want to do this I want to enjoy life again and not be embarrassed of myself anymore
  • dmp457
    dmp457 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling like I was losing my mind come to find out I'm premenopausal. I'm really kinda excited to find this out it has given me a new found motivation.
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I overeat or indulge too much with processed carbs I fast the next day for at least 5 hours. Works wonders for me. Baby steps.

Great idea...thanks!

• ChristinaLuv1215
    ChristinaLuv1215 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

• ChristinaLuv1215
    Options

Aww. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you. Kids don't have filters or a concept of all the subtlety of discussing weight with adults. He loves you! Give both of you a little grace.[/quote]

Thanks. It's been a rough couple of weeks here. I have passed my calorie intake by leaps and bounds for today and haven't even had dinner yet! :(
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. You are welcome to join the group Healthy Women Over 40. Search it up and request to join. Is not a group to sell or promote any product. Just a place to share, learn and most importantly support and encourage one another.
  • ChristinaLuv1215
    Options
    So I've surpassed my calories by a WHOPPING 1176 for the day.
    *Sigh* No wonder I'm huge.
  • dstory102
    dstory102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turned 44 this week and I am looking to add more friends to help me keep motivated. I log everyday and would like to have pals willing to do more that just like my posts. I am looking for accountability buddies. I need to lose 60 pounds. I have only lost 9. Long road but I know I can do it. I would love to have some support and be able to give some back as well. This journey is hard but with great support the sky's the limit! ( Women over 40 only please).

Thanks!

Hello,
    This is my first day finding this App, I am 46 5'9 167lb I have been working out since February regularly. I increased workout to 6 days a week I want to be about 150lb. It's hard I love snacks. I am determined so count me in!! Dorothy
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    @ChristinaLuv1215 don't fret - it's just one day. Figure out what caused you to surpass your calories and perhaps there's something that you can substitute that will be a better choice - find your balance.

@dstory102 Welcome to MFP!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I sent you a request
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    love the women over 40 thread, I sent a request, and anyone can add me too. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds that I regained!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 in two weeks! Yikes. I've lost 167 lbs so far and these last 10-15 I'm looking to drop are not budging!
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just completed a 16 hour fast and am eating a small lunch of strawberries for now. I think I'm going to do the fast once or twice a week as long as I don't have a tennis match to play the next day. Really hoping to get in the 3 tennis matches I have to play this weekend but it is still raining here in MD...I think this is day 14 or 15 or rain here. When did we move to Seattle??
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 in April and am looking to lose the 70lbs I gained back over the past few years. Add me!!
  • facai888
    facai888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    41 in few weeks and 40 pounds heavier again he he......but THIS TIME (as every time) WILL LOSE THAT FAT!!!!!!
  • jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 in March, I am the biggest I have ever been. Need to loose 50 lbs. Hard to do, every time I start I always find a reason to give up. Having accountability partners would be wonderful.