May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I'm already starting to feel guilty about tomorrow's rest day....but with the goal of a distance PR on Sat, I know I need to get the rest in first.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my "meeting".

And I'm really not sure what to call my job. People ask me what I do and I often have a hard time explaining. So I just say I'm in IT and leave it at that.

This is actually just an AI bot that I spawned speaking on my behalf while I grab lunch.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Good job. It is hard to not run once you really get into it.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

So true! When I'm not running, I want to be running. It's really hard to not overdo it. :smile:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

So true! When I'm not running, I want to be running. It's really hard to not overdo it. :smile:

yup. I'm really thinking about skipping my rest day tomorrow, but my planned LR for Saturday will be a distance PR, so I'm going to try to be good.
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yup. I'm really thinking about skipping my rest day tomorrow, but my planned LR for Saturday will be a distance PR, so I'm going to try to be good.

Screw that... just go for it... its about time you learn the sweet heaviness of doing a long run on tired legs...

• MNLittleFinn
    edited May 2016
    Options

Screw that... just go for it... its about time you learn the sweet heaviness of doing a long run on tired legs...

If my MTC joint wasn't giving me issues, I would. But there is the whole I shouldn't injure myself thing. Tomorrow is XT day too, so there is that, squats, lunges and core work....yay.
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    I was teasing. Mostly. And as an ongoing caveat, you will always be better off listening to @Stoshew71 and @WhatMeRunning and @MobyCarp rather than me... lol... I am allergic to science stuff so my advice is borderline irresponsible.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I was teasing. Mostly. And as an ongoing caveat, you will always be better off listening to @Stoshew71 and @WhatMeRunning and @MobyCarp rather than me... lol... I am allergic to science stuff so my advice is borderline irresponsible.

My problem is, I usually take that advice! LOL. If I wasn't in a routine, I'd probably run tomorrow, but I have a decent run/recovery routine at the moment. If/when I bump to 6 days a week, Friday will be the run I add, as a recovery between Thursday's Stamina runs and my Saturday Long Runs. Just not there yet
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    I run 5 days a week... take Mondays and Fridays off... Fridays let me rest up for my long weekend runs and Mondays let me recover from them... I lift weights on those days.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Those are my same days off of running.
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    My problem is, I usually take that advice! LOL.

Now I feel like a really bad dad.... I better not even get into how much bourbon I drink...

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    My problem is, I usually take that advice! LOL.

Now I feel like a really bad dad.... I better not even get into how much bourbon I drink...

I prefer Rye, so it's OK
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for May
    5/1 REST DAY
    5/2 6.2 miles - 6.2 << Taper and cutback week. 5K race Wednesday morning
    5/3 6.2 miles - 12.4
    5/4 4.4 miles - 16.8 << PEO-AVN 5K Fun Run (was only 2.9 miles; plus 1.5 w/u)
    5/4 3.1 miles - 19.9 << got some extra miles squeezed in
    5/5 7.5 miles - 27.4
    5/6 4 miles - 31.4
    5/7 REST DAY << Sick +daughter's birthday party
    5/8 REST DAY
    5/9 9 miles - 40.4 << Madkin Mountain (634 ft elev gain)
    5/9 4 miles - 44.4 << Daily Double
    5/10 8.3 miles - 52.7
    5/10 4 miles 56.7 << Daily Double
    5/11 6.2 miles - 62.9
    5/12 9 miles - 71.9

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25

Got so busy this morning that i never got a chance to check in. Here I thought I get into the office early at 7:30. But no, find out that I had an 8:00 morning meeting in a completely different building 10 minutes away and I still needed to take a shower down stairs.

I come in straight from my group run into the office to beat the gate traffic getting onto the base. There is a gym and showers downstairs in my building complex that I just go into after I take a quick look at my work email and log my runs. Find out the guy scheduling the meeting this morning forwarded the email to me at 6:45 this morning when everybody else got it yesterday afternoon. Gees! Anyway, checking in now. Gees. 95 updates since yesterday afternoon. Don't you people have lives... wait. Don't answer that. :smirk:

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    So anyway, hopefully my hating running was actually just a little phase and I'm back on track now! I should still make goal this month, although it looks like I'm a long way off, but my training plan says I will still be over. I think I will also keep on hiding the running watch for a bit and just get back to running for fun. I have a couple of months before I need to start training again (thank goodness).

@louubelle16, a great idea! Sometimes those things we use to track our progress end up impeding us. The joy of running is just that...joy from running, not knowing splits.