Replies

• amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    gotta cold with a sore throat too...so my goal is to go to bed earlier, as my little guy is up by 0500 and eat well and exercise...just the basics for me...so my goal is to focus on them...thanks so much everyone...esp. Vic!!!
  • 1csdancer
    1csdancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    is it to late to join?
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Bump :)
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge: FOCUS

Pick ONE thing to focus on this week. I have seen and heard from several of you saying that you are starting to feel overwhelmed. Keeping up with logging, calories, carbs, protein, exercise, cardio, strength-training, work, family, social life, etc. can start to make you crazy. Maybe things are super easy for you and you’ve got some great advice (please share it!). Maybe you had been doing excellent early on but now things are starting to slip. Maybe you’ve been on a bumpy road and it just keeps getting bumpier. We can kill ourselves trying to do everything perfect and trying to do everything right. Unfortunately, if we don’t get it done perfectly we might get discouraged and want to give up. This week, the goal is to take a step back and decided if you are getting overwhelmed or if you can do more.

This week - I need to focus on exercise. I think I've been doing well, but I have a real hard time motivating myself to stay on top of the workouts. I've been SO incredibly busy lately that I haven't had a whole lot of time, so there have been a few days where I didn't work out as much as I should have. I have to find and make the time to do it.
    Week 3 Reflection: Game Plan?

So you remember the game plan that you made up, right? We’ll now is the time to ask yourself, “Am I following my game plan? How is that working out for me?” We’re getting close to our first mini-goal. Check yourself, are you on track? Let us know how your progress is going. Do you have some great advice? SHARE IT!!! Do you need some great advice? ASK!!!

Here are the goals that I had set out for myself in the first week:
    Some goals for myself:
    Continue making GOOD choices!
    Drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water/day.
    Move on to the 2nd (and 3rd) levels of my workout DVDs.
    When it gets warmer out, hit the pool at least twice/week.
    Fit into the dress that I bought two years ago, but still has the tags on it because it never quite fit.

I believe that I'm still making good choices - I had a family BBQ this weekend and another party tonight and I volunteered to bring appetizers to both, so that I could still enjoy some food with friends & family, but this way - I know that the options in front of me are within my calories and carbs for the day.
    For the most part, I'm sticking with 8 cups of water. The last two days, I've been slacking on water. But I'm back at work today and on my H2O game.
    As far as the DVDs go - I'm 1/3 of the way there. I do 3 separate workouts and I've moved to level 2 on one of them. The other two are just a little more than I think I can handle. Maybe tomorrow, I will push myself to move to the 2nd level of ONE of them.
    I haven't hit the pool once. The weather has warmed up quite a bit, but I just haven't gotten there. No excuses.
    I also haven't even tried on the dress recently. Once I hit 40 lbs down, which I'm SSSOOOOOOOO close to, I'll try again. :-)
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Last week was SO crazy for me work, work and more work with never ending meetings. I didn't post my progress, but there wasn't any. I stayed the same, which I can not complain about since my eating was horrible all week long.

This week I'm focusing on improving my eating once again. I've let a lot of things slip this past week, but eating healthier and with in my calories is the most important thing to get back on track. No more excuses; I need to get my mental state back where it needs to be otherwise I'll be at the same weight once again.

Have a good week everyone.
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am focusing on exercise this week. I find that when I put in the time to exercise, I'm much more likely to make good food choices. I'm doing the 30 day shred, and trying to get at least 12,000 steps on my pedometer everyday.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My focus this week is logging all my food. I've gotten lax & lazy the last 2 weeks on logging. I'm packing to go camping and am trying to plan healthy grab & go snacks and meals. Trying to be super good with carb intake this week to try to cut the bloat since I'm going to be in a swimsuit most of the weekend!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I want to focus on getting enough sleep. My brain definitely turns to eating mode when I am tired and trying to stay awake for whatever reason.

(BTW, I didn't have internet access last week and therefore couldn't post on this thread. I wish you could access the message boards through the phone apps. I lost 1.6 pounds!)
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My focus will be to exercise 6 out of 7 days. I haven't really been keep up on TurboFire and using the "being away from home on weekends" as the main excuse. I know I can always bring my videos with me but I generally think of weekends as just relaxing.
  • 1csdancer
    1csdancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey guys ... Man what amonth! I got Norwok Virus for 6 days! Then I felt better(when I joined this group) and I've been laid up for 10 days with a nasty sinus infection (still taking probiotics and antibiotics!) ugh ... Finally got back to the gym yesterday for hte first time in two weeks! - sorry I missed last weeks' weigh in :(

6/9: 142 Lbs
    6/16: 142 lbs
    6/23: 140 lbs
    6/30: 139.5 lbs
    7/7: <<<135>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<129>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<122>>>

PS I NEED TO POST THIS NOW BECAUSE I LEAVE FOR QUEBEC TONIGHT FOR WORK FOR 5 DAYS, WON'T BE ABLE TO POST ON FORUMS UNTIL NEXT MONDAY
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Focus: I really want to focus on following my eating goals for some serious weight loss, so NO carbs and LOTS of veggies and planned meals.

My game plan: YIKES! I have NOT been doing too good sticking to my work out goals. I ran once last week and havent gone back out since and I have been so busy that I haven't made time to work out at home. I HAVE been drinking my water though!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    my 6/23 weigh in was 188.8 I hope I see something wonderful for the 30th!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Bumping with the chart so I don't have to scroll - scroll - scroll for tomorrow’s wi. I do not think it will be good news. I've been gaining like crazy - almost everyday - the scale shows a gain. Why - I have been eating and drinking almost mindlessly - then get the guilts :blushing: when I get on the scale in the morning. Looking back at my game plan - I have not followed it. Although I kept up with the normal 5 - 6 days walking - have not done the wii dance games most nights and never went to the gym like I said I would - So no more excuses - got to go at least once this week. Going to concentrate for the rest of the week on what I put in my mouth and log it in - everything gets written down.

Current Weight (As of June 3, 2011): 167.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 155.8 lbs
    Weight Category: REDUCE (-12 lbs)

6/9: **start of challenge** 166.4
    6/16: Did not weigh in - out of town on business
    6/23: 166 - down .4
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 163.8 >>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 159.8 >>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 155.8 >>>
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My focus this week will be consistently logging. I am good on the weekdays but the weekends I have been lazy about it and it shows in my weigh ins. I underestimate how many calories I'm eating so I need to log after every meal so I know how much I have left to spend....or how much I have to work out that night!

I have been not great about my gameplan.....I need to get serious for the summer. I am working out more but I think that's the only one I've followed so far.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My focus this week has been drinking my water. I love water but I've not been tracking it very well. I went out yesterday and bought one of those 'water for the day' jugs. So I need to make sure I get through the whole thing at least once a day.

As for my game plan, I've done pretty good but I'm slacking on the new recipe thing and the vitamins. I HATE vitamins (ok, I don't mind the gummy ones at all) and the thought of swallowing one of those giant horse pills makes me ill. But, I've got to finish off the bottle before I buy some adult gummy ones. :laugh: