Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Essential Oils

1234568»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    paulgads82 wrote: »
    Anecdotal, I've always found peppermint tea good for cramps, but I'd rather not have it up my rear.

Coffee enema or GTFO!

Amateur. Coffee enema with peppermint oil.

...AND cayenne pepper if you REALLY want to cleanse and detox!

WgPPdTL.jpg
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Anecdotal, I've always found peppermint tea good for cramps, but I'd rather not have it up my rear.

Coffee enema or GTFO!

WgPPdTL.jpg

I think this one would be more apropos..."My biscuits are burnin'!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXSp89tOXk

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Coffee enema or GTFO!

WgPPdTL.jpg

I think this one would be more apropos..."My biscuits are burnin'!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXSp89tOXk

Lol "Fire in the hatch!"
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I use a blend called digize for my heartburn, I was very skeptical about the oils when I first started using them, but now I only get heartburn occasionally and ginger takes it away. I used to use prevacid ever single day for a few years, used digize for about a month and it took care of it. The oils are not magical properties, these are what they used to use back in the day, people were called witches because they could heal people without being a "doctor". Essential oils are basically old medicine, but since drugs, (modern medicine), work faster they got replaced. Frankincense was the only thing that stopped a very intense itch on my hand, which turned out to be psoriasis. I used Lavender to help with my sinus issues, However I also believe that there is a place for modern medicine especially if something needs to be taken care of quickly...like cellulitis and other serious infections.
  • moniyq1994
    moniyq1994 Posts: 11 Member
    I do believe that essential oils and other holistic approaches can work but I always do extensive research on them before trying them. I never trust anything read on a site with the .com domain and tend to read and pay attention to actual studies and research before even thinking about using them. I always ask my doctor first and get her opinion/advice first. or at the very least i call a nurse help line

In regards to peppermint oil I take a capsule every night to prevent my IBS flare ups but i think that a big reason it works for me is my trigger is stress and anxiety which although i try to eliminate them from my life no way can my life be 100% stress and anxiety free so after many failed attempts of controlling it found out peppermint oil taken orally works for me. It relaxes my abdominal muscles so that i don't experience the pain but it doesn't always help with all of my symptoms....just the pain T_T unfortunately.

Also my fiance gets kidney and urinary tract infects and yeast infections constantly almost every other month. unfortunately due to taking antibiotics a lot when trying to get rid of them his body has built and immunity to them and they no longer work as well as they used to. And the antibiotics didn't always get or kill everything so wed end up back where we started so a few months ago we tried something new olive leaf extract pills they are a natural antibiotic and so far his only symptom hes had with them is having to pee a lot. but they worked like a charm killed everything now we just have to make sure he takes cranberry pills and drinks tons of water to prevent future infections. so far hes been three months with out one and trust me we are heavily relieved. he has a lot of scar tissue in his kidneys from when he used to do MMA his kidneys is usually where his infections start.

IMO you should research anything you're about to use on your body or put in it before you use it. Natural or modern medicine both can be dangerous or have bad side effects. I like knowing why something is supposed to help me and if it will help or do more harm than good. I'm pro science and proof
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    I have read about and experienced peppeemint relaxing the LES and causing GERD, so what might ease one issue can cause another so be cautious with it and watch for other symptoms.

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/gerd_diet.html

http://www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/May04/MitreArticle.pdf
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    E0s are very potent and powerful medicine. Use carrier oils cause a little goes a long way. Many modern drugs come from plants. Be careful and research your oils. My favorite is lavender. A drop on the soles of your feet with olive oil makes stress disappear. Just do a patch test to make sure you don't have An allergic reaction! Good luck and many blessings to you as you begin this exciting journey into the healing arts!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Sacred cows and the power of placebo. My oh my.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    100df wrote: »

Coffee enema or GTFO!

Coffee up there? Why would you do that??? We talked about absorbing through the skin. Do you get caffeine that way? What is the optimal temperature for the coffee? Do keto people put a stick of butter in it?

And why do I wonder these things? Thanks Obama.

ROFLMAO about the butter.

Here's an article with arguments for and against: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ask-the-science-based-pharmacist-what-are-the-benefits-of-coffee-enemas/

Err, if you see that as a for and against, the critical thinking has been turned off.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    100df wrote: »

Coffee enema or GTFO!

Coffee up there? Why would you do that??? We talked about absorbing through the skin. Do you get caffeine that way? What is the optimal temperature for the coffee? Do keto people put a stick of butter in it?

And why do I wonder these things? Thanks Obama.

ROFLMAO about the butter.

Here's an article with arguments for and against: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ask-the-science-based-pharmacist-what-are-the-benefits-of-coffee-enemas/

Err, if you see that as a for and against, the critical thinking has been turned off.

+1000

The advice of "America's Most Trusted Pharmacist" is shockingly bad.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    My H was in the pharmaceutical industry for 12 years. We're big fans of modern medicine and with our medical issues, we have prescriptions we're very thankful for! I was very skeptical of oils for a long time but finally tried a few samples from a friend. They definitely do not replace modern medicine for me but I have found some oils useful for certain things. e.g. tea tree oil worked amazingly on scalp issues for my son and myself, the PastTense blend worked well for certain types of headaches, peppermint oil can be energizing when I'm dragging, etc.