What's your best little tip that has helped you?

Replies

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    for me it has been reminding myself that this needs to be forever, now. No back stepping...
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    coffee with real cream and stevia sweetener. Better than chocolate!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I need to remind myself daily to be patient. I see jiggly parts and get annoyed that this isn't going faster. Exhale.....and keep moving.
  • bethanybruner
    bethanybruner Posts: 18 Member
    I use a prescription toothpaste at night. I can't eat or drink anything for 20 minutes after using it. So my tip is to brush my teeth as soon as I complete my diary entry on MFP for the day. That helps ward off late-night snack cravings.
  • dani741
    dani741 Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2016
    Is there a recommended ratio of Protein, fats & carbohydrates that makes the weight loss plan fight the fat . The balance is confusing. I drink protein shakes in place of meals for times sake & some are 25 grams of carbs ... I then have a meal & a fruit of 2 along the day. I don't eat at night & what a painfully , slow process. Any help would be appreciated.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    bump
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Take progress pictures regularly. I took photos in the same pair of shorts every couple of weeks, and I could see the difference way better looking objectively at photos than I ever could in the mirror.
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    I put inspirational quotes on sticky notes on my bathroom mirror. Quote right now says, "sweat like a pig to look like a fox." I put a sticker on my calendar after each workout and guess what my stickers are "foxes". Haha! I also have a supply of fireballs. 20 calories each and keeps me from eating sweets. I also graph my miles run. So I highlight each mile and tell myself I'm up to whichever town/city from home. I never kept track of my total miles before so this has been kind of fun and gives me goals other than the scale.
  • colleenclark336
    colleenclark336 Posts: 25 Member
    Awesome post! I have learned a lot of new skills!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Kassi81 wrote: »
    Anytime I eat anything in sandwich form, I put it on a toasted English muffin instead of bread. It's fewer calories than using two slices of bread, but it makes me feel like I'm having a whole sand which rather than eating a half a sandwich! Plus it's tasty. It's silly, but it helps me!

I've done that as well and it's good! Great minds... :smile: but I just bought fiber one multigrain bread and it is 100 calories for 2 slices. It's very yummy!

• sarahpedrys
    sarahpedrys Posts: 16 Member
    I try to make room for ice cream by the end of the night. If I have enough left over calories, then it's game on!
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    dani741 wrote: »
    Is there a recommended ratio of Protein, fats & carbohydrates that makes the weight loss plan fight the fat . The balance is confusing. I drink protein shakes in place of meals for times sake & some are 25 grams of carbs ... I then have a meal & a fruit of 2 along the day. I don't eat at night & what a painfully , slow process. Any help would be appreciated.

Try using tdeecalculator.net , it gives recommended percentages for macros (for weight loss, maintenance, bulking). It's quite a useful site.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Lots of helpful hints here. Thanks.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Water water water and...more water. Also allow room in your diet for foods you enjoy because life is too short to not enjoy the occasional treat.
  • angerlo
    angerlo Posts: 13 Member
    lynette4 wrote: »
    I LOVE ice cream. And if I keep it out of the house I will binge on it the next time I get some. Soooooo I always have some in the house and I have a weighed out serving every evening. I make sure to put it in a small cup so it actually looks like it is over flowing. lol. It helps me throughout the day to keep from eating other sweets because I know that ice cream is headed my way. I always just go ahead and put it in my calories in the morning so that way I can work around it :)

If you LOVE ice cream, you should try arctic zero. The stuff is amazing and you can eat a full pint of the vanilla for 150 calories. I always do vanilla and add some fun toppings. They have a website, instagram etc. Check them out!

Love this ice cream but find I like the chunky like brownie batter the best at 75 calories a serving u can't beat it
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    If I go over my calorie intake like a did BIG TIME two weeks ago, I carry it over to the next day/s or the next week/weeks! I overate by a lot so I took some of those calories and spread them out over two weeks. It's not 'out of mind and out of sight'. I used to just leave them and move on but it adds up. My body doesn't stop counting calories day to day, it's over time and evens out. I started working out for a while but it was the only time I stopped losing weight in my journey (almost 4 weeks of no weightloss). I am putting working out/gym on hold until I lose the weight (not much to go and it was my original plan). I do want to be healthy and not just thin and I was really enjoying gym. I have a very busy job so that is enough for now.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    :) good ideas
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    I've made it more difficult to be lazy.

First I got a job where the only way to get to work was to walk (30 mins, there and back).
    After about 8 month of this my office moved to a different city. I followed and found somewhere to live alongside a cycle path. I now do a 6 mile cycle to work everyday (and then back again!). I could get the bus, but it actually takes the same amount of time (or longer) on the bus because of rush hour traffic. The cycle ride wakes me up & now summer is approaching I'm really enjoying it.

I hate walking to the shops around the corner now (10 min walk), instead I jump on my bike and go to the bigger shop a bit further away (10 min cycle!)! Walking is much less fun when you can cycle there... wheeeee! :D

Find ways to add activity into your life, so that it's:
    a) easier than the lazier option
    b) something you enjoy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!