Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    BTW minute maid apple juice has more sugar in it than coke
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like I'm only using potentially false or exaggerated information from facebook but its not just that..I'm taking into consideration that,what a guy told me about how he ended up in the hospital from drinking a lot of pop. Obviously I wasn't drinking nearly as much as him but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be mindful of drinking something bad for my health. I've been told by several people pop is no good. I'm not saying I believe I'm going to die if I have 1 pop. I'm just saying I want to try to give it up if it definitely affects my health in a negative way
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh well I don't want to be misled and want the actual truth on what pop actually does to my body. That part seemed exaggerated about the sugar but the main part I was concered about was the effect is has on your liver and dehydrating your body and stuff. Ill read the links you posted
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda but I think it's great you are doing this! Very exciting to see people make choices like this.
  • frammis4242
    frammis4242 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    drink cranberry juice instead and the bitter taste of mouth cranberries will make you want to drink water
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    So much wrong here.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    my friend loves coke and used to drink a 2litre each day. once she stopped cold-turkey and lost 10 lbs in a week.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    my friend loves coke and used to drink a 2litre each day. once she stopped cold-turkey and lost 10 lbs in a week.
    majority of that is water weight.
  • markswife1992
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

no, it's probably because she isn't consuming that extra 800 calories per day.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

no, it's probably because she isn't consuming that extra 800 calories per day.

800x7 is 5600. Each lb is 3500 calories so yes, most of the 10 lbs is water weight. She wasn't in a 35 000calorie deficit
  • markswife1992
    Options
    ...well, the weight went right back on as soon as she started them again. in fact, she put on more than the 10 she lost. my point isn't that NONE Of it was water weight - i am just saying that soda DOES impact weight a great deal.
  • markswife1992
    Options
    drink cranberry juice instead and the bitter taste of mouth cranberries will make you want to drink water

OMG i tried this! cranberry juice is HORRIBLE> (not ocean spray cranberry DRINK)
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wish you could share that post so I could convince my 23 y.o. daughter to stop drinking it. even if it's without backing, any motivation to stop is a good thing. she only lives off soda, barely any food. then she thinks if she switches to energy drinks, its more nutritious, I cringe every time I see a can in her hand. young and thin now but it can get you later. maybe if I tell her the acne will go away she'll be convinced.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

Thank you for giving the source of your life-altering decision. I, on the one hand, applaud your decision to force your brother to join you in forswearing carbonated beverages. There won't be any resentment there down the road. Noooo.
    With the other hand, I slap you for so ignorantly believing anything you see on the internet, anything you see on a freaking 'beauty and health' site, and anything you read that runs counter to your own life experiences.

But, hey, the future is yours. Screw it up with bad advice if you want. Don't ever pay to read peer-reviewed journals online because it costs money. Visit free web sites with pretty pictures and impassioned advocates because it's free. Whatever you do, avoid learning anything in a formal educational environment. It will save you more money and it's boring anyway.

• mgirlsmama32
    mgirlsmama32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Pop is my weakness!! I've also stopped drinking it. (although I will occasionally have one) I'm finding its hard to quit! I've been getting really bad headaches. Keep it up!!