When did people notice your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" started at 400lbs. I'm now at 292lbs with significant muscle gain. People started asking me around the 330 mark. Whoever didn't then, have definitely asked now.

Still see myself as 400 though, even with me buying new clothes, and actually seeing the results in the before/after pic I continue to take. One of the things that gets me angry is when people started nicknaming me "Skinny." I'm just under 300! no way that's skinny. Next person that calls me that will get an earful for sure...

Congratulations. Done like a boss. "Skinny" is probably a term of endearment, an affectionate way to acknowledge your accomplishment.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    14 pounds lost, and I am in week 4. Still looking for that first one. It neither discourages nor encourages me, I will just keeping on keeping on.....
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 and it wasn't until I lost about 40 pounds before anyone commented. I noticed a physical difference around 30 pounds. I went on to lose 75 more pounds and people didn't stop talking about it and some I hadn't seen in a while didn't recognize me. Seriously, I had acquaintances ignore me, people I knew before stared at my face and gingerly asked if I was the person who..... It gets crazy, hold on for the ride.

I've heard and read that when you're close to your healthy weigh range, 10-15pounds lost/gained= 1 clothing size. When you're heavier, it's more like 25-30 pounds = 1 clothing size and that was my experience.

I felt better after I lost the first 10 pounds.
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started at about 255, a couple people noticed around 225, but now at 215 I am getting quite a few comments. I can't really see it in myself though...yet
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Started at 220. Down to 181. People started noticing the difference around the 20-25 pound mark. The best feeling though is fitting into my old clothes again. Larger sizes are sometimes more expensive!
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds great everyone :D congrats!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My ex noticed when we did a kid exchange. He asked if I was losing out of spite. I had cancer at the time. He knew this.
  • knittogetfit
    knittogetfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40, I have 40 more to go. I've gotten a few comments, really only when I post things about my weightless. Of course my husband has lost 20lbs and everywhere we go people comment! Lol

Same here! I've lost 33 pounds, and so has my husband. I can definitely tell a difference in myself, and so can my family, but everyone else comments on my husband's weight loss but not mine. Oh well...
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    My ex noticed when we did a kid exchange. He asked if I was losing out of spite. I had cancer at the time. He knew this.

What a *kitten* he is. Hope you're okay x
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    Why did my comment change to "kitten"? Looool
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My fight. It does that for cuss words.

People notice at about 13 pounds.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Both myself and my family have only just noticed it now that I'm lcose to 20lbs (some knew that i had lost weight, some just guessed).

My bf noticed it when I was down a stone, but I didn't.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Why did my comment change to "kitten"? Looool

Does it for swear words. I do find it massively contradictory that we can all be adult enough to post photos of people in their underwear (or less) but we can't say the 3 letter word that rhymes with clASS.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My brother noticed when I was down 10lbs (hadn't seen him in a year, and I'm a small person). I've just started realizing how my work pants are all too big now (down almost 20). I don't look that different to myself except when I try on swim suits!
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Some people comment and others do not. I notice the confidence I have and the real quality of engagement and energy people share with me.

It is different. I dont want compliments. I want gasps of astonishment when I take off my shirt. Thats what I am focused on.

Im about 40 pounds down.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Some people comment and others do not. I notice the confidence I have and the real quality of engagement and energy people share with me.

It is different. I dont want compliments. I want gasps of astonishment when I take off my shirt. Thats what I am focused on.

Im about 40 pounds down.

haha brilliant. You sound like my boyfriend.

He wants everyone, male and female, to swoon when he walks in his shorts on our July holiday.

• louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not yet. Boooo. But at least I know people are not just saying it, as before I would tell people
    I was trying to lose weight and they would always say "oh my!! You look great!" when I had in fact put on weight that week. Drove me mad. I am very careful not to say things to people unless I can really see it.

I started at 224 (not quite at 250, but not toooo far off!) and I'm down 25lbs now. I am starting to feel it in my clothes so would be nice to have a compliment or two soon haha.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Im about 40 pounds down.

He wants everyone, male and female, to swoon when he walks in his shorts on our July holiday.

When this happens...

lh1a2oyyww82.gif

image.gif 1022.2K
  • myfightforfitness
    Options

Im about 40 pounds down.

When this happens...

lh1a2oyyww82.gif

Haha I understand what you mean! It would be great to get that reaction from people who never thought I could lose it!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You know I was really frustrated about the 30 pound mark when no one said anything. Finally one day a co-worker asked me if I was losing weight on purpose, lol. I'm 60 so they thought maybe I was sick. Once I explained I was doing it on purpose more people commented. I'm down 63 pounds now and strangely enough it kind of makes me uncomfortable when people say something. I guess I want to forget that fatter version of me. I still need to lose 35 pounds to get to what the experts say is the ideal weight for my age and height but I feel so much better even where I am now. I plan to continue but for the first time in about 40 years I feel like a "normal" person even at my current weight. Hang in there if you aren't getting the comments, you never know why. In this politically correct society some people just might be afraid to offend. Eventually curiosity gets the better of them, lol.