Good-For-You Food(s) That You Can't Stand

Options

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can not physically stomach fish.

Some shell-fish I can do but besides canned tuna drenched in mayo, I can't even touch fish.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One thing I try to tell myself is that your taste buds change every few years (roughly 7 years), so I try to revisit foods on my "not eating this" list. I've learned that I enjoy some foods that I previously hated - cream cheese, for example. However, there are still foods on it from way back in the day.
    Exactly! A couple of years ago, I would have laughed if you'd told me that I'd be eating (and enjoying!) a lot of the foods that I do now. There are things I dislike, but I can't say that I hate anything, and I'm always open to trying it again to see if my tastes have changed. With lima beans, things never seem to change (still open to the possibility, though). But with so many other things, I'm like, "Okay, I could get behind this, maybe try it again sometime." And eventually I can tolerate it, then come to like it.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    KALE CHIPS. Bleccccchhhh!!!! I don't really enjoy the texture of raw kale, steamed kale or roasted kale, so I guess I just don't like kale in general lol
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cauliflower, eggplant (I'd be willing to try again, if I could find a good recipe).

Some things I've never even tried, but have no desire to... beets, mushrooms, olives
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i hate "leafy greens", especially the darker ones which are supposed to be the best ones for you. i also hate zucchini and squash and eggplant. eww.

i'm good with most other healthy food and veggies, but i can't stand THAT stuff!!!
  • teppernerd
    Options
    Celery!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Fish....Green peppers....Beans (except green).....
  • Tarasevents
    Options
    Bananas (gag reflex kicks in before I can get it to my mouth!), Oatmeal, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage (cooked), onions, beets and fresh uncooked tomatoes.
    I find it pretty hard to make a good salad, but I will eat spinach salad. It gets really boring after a while!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, beets, asparagus, melons, greens (like kale and collard greens) and I make myself eat it because I know it's good for me but boy, I do not like "swim" fish. I'll eat every type of shellfish until I can't move but regular fish-yuck. Especially salmon!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    beets (I have tried them several ways and just ick)
    grapefruit
    mandarin oranges
    cilantro
    olives
    green beans
    cantaloupe/melons

I love all other veggies/fruits but ugh for those
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't like beets. My mother in law makes borscht (a beet soup) when she visits during the holidays (she's Polish), and though I'll eat it, it's NOT my first, second, or even third choice when it comes to food.

I hate olives. Absolutely hate them, no matter how they're prepared, or what they're in.

Otherwise, I love things most people hate, like Greek yogurt, tofu, and other weird things. But beets and olives.. I just can't do those.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm not a fan of milk, yuck! If I have to drink it it has to be skim milk, really cold and I have to just down it. The other is fish. I know fish is so good for you, but seems no matter how I try it, if it's not a fish stick or Long John's I can't stand it. If you have any ideas how I can like it please let me know!! I will eat shrimp cocktail, though!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! Yes, I like ketchup and pizza and tomato soup and I don't even mind little cooked chunks of tomato in my soup. But raw? Sick.

LOL! My husband is the same way!

Ha--mine too. He has the exact same standards for tomato consumption. I am allergic to bell peppers and eggplant, but things I just don't like are cottage cheese (good one--forgot about it 'til I saw it on someone else's list), oatmeal, onions, and bananas. Bananas are gross.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    any kind of yogart , cottage cheese or oatmeal okay i have tasted yogart tried many kinds it all sucks but i have never actually eaten cottage cheese or oatmeal i cant get past how it looks reminds of something my sons threw up on me when they were babies lol GROSS :sick:
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Still trying to wrap my brain around kale. I love it as kale chips (tossed with olive oil and sea salt and toasted in the oven until crispy), but so far have yet to acquire a taste for it raw.

My all-time, will NOT eat food is lima beans. Dunno how they rank on the health scale, but I've always disliked them.

LIma beans are the WORST. I also hate eggplant. Blech.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of milk, yuck! If I have to drink it it has to be skim milk, really cold and I have to just down it. The other is fish. I know fish is so good for you, but seems no matter how I try it, if it's not a fish stick or Long John's I can't stand it. If you have any ideas how I can like it please let me know!! I will eat shrimp cocktail, though!

My fish-hating son now refers to our Pollock filets as "epic fish." We make a salt-free breading for it (it's not high carb or high calorie), and then bake it instead of fry. It's a bit peppery/spicy, but it's very tasty, and it works for my fish-hater!

I can't give an exact recipe, because I don't know--my husband makes it. But it's got lemon zest, pepper, corn flake crumbs, a tiny bit of salt-free Cajun seasoning, and then whatever else sounds good at the moment. Experiment, you might find a mix you like!

Kris
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Beets and avocados :sick: :sick: :sick:

I with you on that one!! YUCK. :sick:
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine are eggs of any kind. Hard Boiled egg for breakfast or snack, great protein yes, can stand to eat it or an egg in any other form NO!

Eggs make me sick! Hard boiled is the only way that I can eat them some times, but every time I crack an egg the dog comes running and I have to fight her for it
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Avocado, tomatoes(raw), eggplant, zucchini, lima beans, olives.

99 percent of fish and most seafood in general.

I'm certain there are other things.

I used to hate oatmeal, but by chance, I figured out that I like it with cinnamon... so long as it's very very thick and room temperature. I still can't stand it hot.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I hate spinach and greek yogurt.