June (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    How do you guys take your cutback weeks? Do you still run the same amount of days or just shorten all the runs. I have one next week and I though I'd just skip one run and cut the long run in half
    I typically run the same amount of days and reduce my total mileage by about 25%. I also don't do any big workouts that week either, trying to make them all easy runs. Others have different ways of doing cutbacks, with different percentages, or added rest days, etc.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    i am wet. again.

exercise.png
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    6/1: 3.26 miles

exercise.png
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Goal of 75 Miles for June

Progress toward Goal 0 / 75
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3 miles

3 out of 100 miles

exercise.png

Skip had 3 easy and strides on her training plan so I went out with her. About 87F (30C) so a warm one. Of course now it feels like a storm is coming in and the temp has dropped 4 degrees in the last 30 mins ha ha!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom By time I got home from my run it was 10° cooler, 82-72F (28-22C) A small shower moved through.
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Shin splints anyone? Taking a rest day today and tomorrow.... Will check with doc if it doesn't get better
  • tacosticks
    tacosticks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A beginner runner here. May was a terrible month to try running. Hopefully June brings more opportunities!

Month goal is 25miles, or 40km!

06/01: 0/40km
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    CChen8520 wrote: »
    Shin splints anyone? Taking a rest day today and tomorrow.... Will check with doc if it doesn't get better

I have a persistent shin splints, been 4 years with it. It's controlled buy rest, massage and scaling back on the mileage. I'd examine hip imbalances just to make sure too. Good luck. It's not any fun.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    6/1: 4.22 mi

So far: 4.22/115 mi
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    My question of the day, is it better to get up at o' dark 30 to run when it is cool and get a really good quality run in or should I run a little later in the morning since unfortunately my race doesn't start until 8 AM and I am worried about the heat on race day but I know my training runs will be crap?
    Honestly, I don't really worry right now about the "quality" of my daily runs. I just get out and do 'em. Maybe @PoppetsMaster has infected me with his devil-may-care attitude about it all. :wink:

I am forcing myself to run mid-day in the swelter so I'm acclimated to it for the Peachtree, but I rediscovered today that my projected corral starts at 8:09 AM, so it should only be 85 degrees and 85% humidity in downtown Hot-lanta on 04-Jul, as opposed to my thinking I was gonna be at, like, 10:30 AM with 95/95.... Yay! I've also been promising myself that once we get to 05-Jul, I can do ALL my runs in the dark. Probably.
  • pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Going for a 100 this month (4 miles over 25 days). Did my first 4 tonight and actually did more jogging than walking.

exercise.png

• ryanclifton8321
    ryanclifton8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

exercise.png