clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Saving to refer back to
  • qtbird33
    qtbird33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I do that as well.

I weight raw ingredients when I can...then weight cooking dish add in food, cook it reweigh subtract dish weight divide by # servings...can be a pain but worth it imo.

I think there's an accuracy issue with our method though:

We're measuring and using nutritional info for raw ingredients but consuming cooked ones....

For example, I cook up a pound of ground beef together with a bunch of veggies. The nutritional info for raw vs cooked ground beef is quite different.

But I cant figure out how to measure the cooked ground beef as its mixed in with everything.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    qtbird33 wrote: »
    I do that as well.

I weight raw ingredients when I can...then weight cooking dish add in food, cook it reweigh subtract dish weight divide by # servings...can be a pain but worth it imo.

I think there's an accuracy issue with our method though:

We're measuring and using nutritional info for raw ingredients but consuming cooked ones....

For example, I cook up a pound of ground beef together with a bunch of veggies. The nutritional info for raw vs cooked ground beef is quite different.

But I cant figure out how to measure the cooked ground beef as its mixed in with everything.

there could be but what I do it weigh the cooked items and divide by either the qty of grams I want each serving to be or the amount of servings I want.

so either way I am getting in a serving of what I logged in the recipe...

For example my maple salmon calls for 1lb of salmon...raw.

I weigh the total weight of the salmon once it's cook and divide by 4 as the recipe is 4 servings.

I am eating 219 calories regardless.
  • abrunner1
    abrunner1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing because I was logging my info wrong :)
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great post.. been using MFP on and off for a few years and never knew this!
  • time4me38
    time4me38 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i cant seem to find "___# of people have confirmed" on anything? spent 20 minutes going down lists trying to find it
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Could use a bump.

98785d1388765269-sale-pte-5857-turbo-m62-supercharger-2-5-exhaust-msm-clutch-01-exhaust-cam-bump.gif
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i cant seem to find "___# of people have confirmed" on anything? spent 20 minutes going down lists trying to find it

They may have gotten rid of this function and started using the "verified" function...which isn't that great IMHO.
  • Namdier
    Namdier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

They may have gotten rid of this function and started using the "verified" function...which isn't that great IMHO.

It' still there on desktop versions, just below the food or brand name ....I don't think you can see confirmations in the app though...

• imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is a great post. Thanks!
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank you for such a helpful and informative post--very thorough!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Love this- maybe help me break that plateau cause I'm so certain I'm logging correctly- until now
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Don't mind me. I'm just bumping old posts.
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    I wish someone would have posted this when I first started! I so did not realize every entry wasn't accurate.

Maybe that explains why the weight isn't shifting!! Mission for the week: get better at logging my food. Thank you
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Bump.
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Bump