Snakes

Options

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I have 2 corns and an albino Burmese python he's a bit big lol OK he's a lot big haha

Pics!!!
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am not afraid of them, but I don't love them :)
  • Watchinherbackthistime
    Watchinherbackthistime Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have 2 corns and an albino Burmese python he's a bit big lol OK he's a lot big haha

Pics!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/v3BpM4kguAHFSsgu6
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »
    @FitGirl0123 You might want to submit that first picture with location data to your local DNR/FWS, that animal looks like it might have SFD. I know that disease has become a bit of a concern and if you are somewhere that it has not previously been reported it would likely help to have the report

@lithezebra As Fit mentioned, feeding frozen/thawed can make it easier but there is also a new product out called ReptiLink that are basically sausages designed for reptile diets and many species take them very well.

Thanks for the reptile feeding tips, @FitGirl0123 and @WYMANT0004
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lmao good luck with that. Only way I can manage is by leaving money at home and I just won't do it lol

Well, I managed to do it. Bought a ton of supplies and tank decor but no animals... Not that my kid did not try her damnedest to acquire another hognose and a new species of gecko but I convinced her that with all the eggs on the ground and on the way that we had our hands more than full enough
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't have a snake currently but I really, really want a ball python. If I ever get one, it's name with either be Muffin or Nagini. I see no other options.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Snakes are cool. I like those limbless reptiles but birds on the other hand. Hell to the no
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    I don't have a snake currently but I really, really want a ball python. If I ever get one, it's name with either be Muffin or Nagini. I see no other options.

Well, when you decide to bite the bullet drop me a line and I will try to point you to a reputable breeder in your area
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »
    Lmao good luck with that. Only way I can manage is by leaving money at home and I just won't do it lol

Well, I managed to do it. Bought a ton of supplies and tank decor but no animals... Not that my kid did not try her damnedest to acquire another hognose and a new species of gecko but I convinced her that with all the eggs on the ground and on the way that we had our hands more than full enough

Mad props lol. Hoggies are hard to resist!
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Clutches #5 and #6 on the ground

Dinker x Albino Woma
    IMG_7887_zpsif5vt9dr.jpg

Pastel GStripe x RedStripe

IMG_7893_zps4x1tkc1d.jpg
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Nice... That king is quite impressive
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    Let's see some pics
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    Some copperheads from the weekend7oufa2bd45rc.jpeg
    dfcwdbmv4vnl.jpeg
    4bbpno8ecwf6.jpeg
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Let's see some pics

I have a couple more clutch pics I can put up, need to upload them though so it will have to wait until tonight

And in another 30 days or so I should be able to start posting pics of hatchlings

Some copperheads from the weekend

Nice! I need to get out and do some field herping, just cannot find the time :/
  • FitGirl0123
    Options

Water snakes
    ktf19n4usxi5.jpeg
    zlhmukglqmza.jpeg
  • indigrrl
    indigrrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me so happy.
    I don't have any now, but used to have a pueblan milk, named Louise (first to get the reference wins a prize), and a California King named Ophelia. Our resident has a ball python named Israel, but we don't have room for one that big so he lives with her mom. Got to meet our yard snake just last weekend - a lovely black rat. I named him Sam. Hope he eats all the moles.
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    indigrrl wrote: »
    This thread makes me so happy.
    I don't have any now, but used to have a pueblan milk, named Louise (first to get the reference wins a prize), and a California King named Ophelia. Our resident has a ball python named Israel, but we don't have room for one that big so he lives with her mom. Got to meet our yard snake just last weekend - a lovely black rat. I named him Sam. Hope he eats all the moles.

I have an apricot pueblan milk named Lexie. Love her to pieces!
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can dig em. They're super cool, I'd love to eventually get one as a pet. My fiancé's sister has a red tailed boa, he's gorgeous!
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    1razorz3a9iy.jpeg
    Fiesty white sided rat snake. He's in shed