Good-For-You Food(s) That You Can't Stand

Options

Replies

• TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Fresh carrots. I tried adding some cinnamon but I still don't like them. I can stomach them, though. Gonna force some down today, as a matter of fact.

I usually roast them in the oven - I coat them with a tiny bit of olive oil, coconut oil, a little chipotle seasoning, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon. So bad for you but sooooo gooooood!!!! After all that, they don't taste like carrots anymore. It's a mix between a cinnabon and seasoned sweet potato fries (b/c a little kick comes from the chipotle seasoning).

We all have foods that we don't like, good for you or not. The ones that I eat anyway because of nutritional benefits are carrots, apples, and plain steamed broccoli (would love some real butter and cheese on it).
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    *giggle*

I LOVE LIMA BEEEEEEEANS!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Mine is yogurt. I wish I could learn to love it. I've tried a lot of brands and flavors, but they all end up tasting like sour milk :(

DITTO.

No one else I've talked to had understood me when I say it tastes sour. They all look at me funny lol I'm like "It's not Sour Patch Kids sour, but more like sour cream." I like sour cream, don't get my wrong. But yogurt tastes like sour cream with fruity crap in it. No thanks! lol
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I feel like choking when eating chicken breast. I like the dark, juicy stuff!!
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and brown rice!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I forgot that I hate Hate HATE dairy milk. For real it tastes disgusting now, I had to give it up for a year because my daughter was breastfeeding and intolerant to it so I'd been drinking soy milk (which admittedly sorta tasted like cardboard at the beginning) and then moved on to almond milk so when I tried to drink cow milk again I gagged. Its hard for me to describe but the thick texture and the taste are just so gross now, I can't even tell if the milk is actually still good by smelling so husband has to check it for me if I need to use it and its around the expire date.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel like choking when eating chicken breast. I like the dark, juicy stuff!!

Hah I forgot I can't stand dark meat so I'm the exact opposite :)
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    HUMMUS! ewwwwww.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    melons... any kind!
    squash
    green beans
    organ meats
    calamari/oysters/mussels/clams
    raw meats/ raw fish
    cucumbers
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Oh geez... where do I start!? Eggs, Greek yogurt, tofu (actually anything made of soy), almonds, cooked greens, most fish (especially salmon), brown rice, whole wheat bread, cauliflower, broccoli, squash.

Fortunately... the list of healthy foods I DO like is even longer than the list of the ones I do not care for. :-)
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wish I wasn't allergic and highly hate fish (even the smell makes me gag)

given how little meat i eat, it'd be great to actually like fish.

Oh and mushrooms. Stuffed big mushrooms would be a great healthy meal but yuck.

Actually i wished i liked vegetables. i hate nearly all of them.

For the record I also love oatmeal :D

Apparently i cannot type at all tonight.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I dislike most vegetables (califlower and brocolli esp), whole wheat bread, brown rice, greek yogurt, eggs, and kind of nut

I'm sure there's more - I'm a really picky eater. Working on increasing the list of things I eat.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I can't stand green beans, black eye peas, raw tomatoes or sweet potatoes. Bleh!!

But I love seafood and green/red/yellow peppers!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Reading this is making me hungry. I am not a picky eater but... I do not sour or sharp tasing greens like Kale and mustard greens. Love spinach and chard though. I like other sour things like citrus and even yogurt. How could anyone not like artichokes. I am a bit bored with marinated ones but fresh cooked with lemon, garlic butter. Yum.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I hate peppers! And the annoying thing is is that they're in almost everything! Grr, I can't even pick them out because they leave such a horrid taste!
    I agree I hate them!!! and eggs any way except for in a cake ha ha ha :wink:
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    onions... i think that is the only thing... wait no, i hate any kind of fat free dairy product, except yogurt, i can deal with fat free yogurt but my milk i'll have whole, and my cheese i'll have full fat.
  • fancyhat
    fancyhat Posts: 3
    Options
    I hate most leafy green vegetables and raw vegetables, mostly cucumbers and carrots. If they're properly cooked and hidden in the meal, I can handle them, but I've never been able to stomach a salad.
    I've never liked the texture of yogurt either. Greek yogurt it downright terrible, being both bitter and yogurt!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i really can't stand garlic. it's so.. pungent, and has this awful aromatic smell that seems to linger for forever. i think i might be intolerant to it or something, i get stomachaches after eating it.
    ginger, on the other hand.. ;)
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Vegetables except for: Lettuce, cucumbers, raw carrots, corn, and green beans.
    Fruits except for apples and grapes

This whole thing would be much easier if I could learn to like those.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options

But yogurt tastes like sour cream with fruity crap in it. No thanks! lol

The cure for greek yogurt is to stir in honey. Seriously. It will convert all greek yo-haters.