Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals:

Struggles:

Successes:
  • hproscia
    hproscia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My fitness goal is to be able to run. Running looks fun, I just never gotten up the energy to do it. I attempted to jog yesterday. I jog slower than a turtle and only for about a minute, but hey! Thats a minute longer then I have ever jogged before!
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hproscia wrote: »
    My fitness goal is to be able to run. Running looks fun, I just never gotten up the energy to do it. I attempted to jog yesterday. I jog slower than a turtle and only for about a minute, but hey! Thats a minute longer then I have ever jogged before!

Take it at your own pace, don't let others push you faster than you are comfortable going and that includes couch to 5 k apps....if you aren't ready to move on to the next week then repeat the same week however many times you need to until you are ready to move on. I say this from experience. I trained to do race for life in 3 months following couch to 5 k and ran the whole way. 2 weeks later I developed plantar fasciitis and have been trying to get rid of the pain for 2 years! Only you will know how hard to push yourself. Listen to your body.
  • sfalk1977
    Options
    sfalk1977 wrote: »

Take it at your own pace, don't let others push you faster than you are comfortable going and that includes couch to 5 k apps....if you aren't ready to move on to the next week then repeat the same week however many times you need to until you are ready to move on. I say this from experience. I trained to do race for life in 3 months following couch to 5 k and ran the whole way. 2 weeks later I developed plantar fasciitis and have been trying to get rid of the pain for 2 years! Only you will know how hard to push yourself. Listen to your body.

I really want to run, but struggle with walking more than 10 minutes
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Hey, it's totally okay if you can't walk much just yet. We often have very sedentary lifestyles because of the jobs we do and the ease of doing many tasks.
    It's ALRIGHT to start from 10 minutes of walking or minute of jogging. Do that for 3-4 days and you'll notice that your legs pick up pace on their own. Move on to 12-15 minutes then. Increase your pace gradually. If you stay dedicated to it, you'll soon be running off everywhere!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options

Have you tried compression socks/sleeves? I liked the Feetures! Sleeve the best out of the ones I tried (some are complete garbage, so be careful. The Feetures! sleeve I was able to get at Sports Authority (and they are having a going out of business sale right now.)). Wore it for close to a year, and don't have much issues with PF anymore. I will say that at times I had to take the sleeve off because it got too tight to wear all the time, but in general it really seemed to help most days.

Also, have you tried to roll your arches with a frozen water bottle? (I'd put the bottle on the floor and roll my foot over it). That helped immensely when the pain got too bad.

I also got PF heel/arch supports for all my sneakers (luckily I can wear sneakers most days) - they don't fit well in my dress shoes.
  • sfalk1977
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »

Have you tried compression socks/sleeves? I liked the Feetures! Sleeve the best out of the ones I tried (some are complete garbage, so be careful. The Feetures! sleeve I was able to get at Sports Authority (and they are having a going out of business sale right now.)). Wore it for close to a year, and don't have much issues with PF anymore. I will say that at times I had to take the sleeve off because it got too tight to wear all the time, but in general it really seemed to help most days.

Also, have you tried to roll your arches with a frozen water bottle? (I'd put the bottle on the floor and roll my foot over it). That helped immensely when the pain got too bad.

I also got PF heel/arch supports for all my sneakers (luckily I can wear sneakers most days) - they don't fit well in my dress shoes.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I roll on frozen bottle of water twice a day, do stretches to my fascia and calves 4-5 times a day, have worn compression sleeves, roll on a golf ball twice a day (horrendously painful but consultant says it will help), wear a night splint and have orthotics, wear skechers shape up trainers all the time (advised by my consultant) and I'm trying to lose more weight to reduce impact on my feet. I've had two treatments of dry needling with hydrocortisone injection and I'm thoroughly fed up of being in pain!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Name: Laurie

Starting Weight May 29th: 247
    Goal Weight July 3rd:242

Weigh In Week

June 5: 244.6
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 3.4

Weekly Goals: Stay away from soda and get daily 30-minute walks.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    10 Facts About Me

1. I married my high school sweetheart.
    2. I have 5 kids ages 8-20.
    3. I love to sing, play piano, and live and breathe music!
    4. I love to scrapbook when I have time....see #2 above.
    5. Walking is my main exercise.
    6. I have been to Vienna, Austria.
    7. I was a nanny for 1-1/2 years.
    8. The Food Network is my favorite channel as it is so fun to watch the cooking competition shows.
    9. Chartreuse is my favorite color.
    10. I love thunderstorms and want to go storm chasing someday!
  • b3achy
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I roll on frozen bottle of water twice a day, do stretches to my fascia and calves 4-5 times a day, have worn compression sleeves, roll on a golf ball twice a day (horrendously painful but consultant says it will help), wear a night splint and have orthotics, wear skechers shape up trainers all the time (advised by my consultant) and I'm trying to lose more weight to reduce impact on my feet. I've had two treatments of dry needling with hydrocortisone injection and I'm thoroughly fed up of being in pain!

So sorry that the standard things don't seem to be working. And yes, the golf ball does sound pretty painful!! It is so not fun. Hope the weight loss helps, and completely empathize with you being fed up with the pain. I just know a lot of my friends that had PF never heard of the compression sleeves/socks, so I thought maybe you hadn't either. (((Big Hugs))) - know they can't really help, but don't know what else to offer... :disappointed:
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    ****CORRECTED*****

Nane: Laurie

Weigh In Week

June 5: 242.6
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 4.4

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    ****CORRECTED*****

Weigh In Week

June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Wowza well done!
  • mari_moulin
    Options

So sorry that the standard things don't seem to be working. And yes, the golf ball does sound pretty painful!! It is so not fun. Hope the weight loss helps, and completely empathize with you being fed up with the pain. I just know a lot of my friends that had PF never heard of the compression sleeves/socks, so I thought maybe you hadn't either. (((Big Hugs))) - know they can't really help, but don't know what else to offer... :disappointed:

I've never heard of them and suffer from his pain. Thank you so much for mentioning. I will go buy some very soon!
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Weigh In Week

June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Fantastic loss!!! Woo hooo you are gonna crush your goal!
  • typeitdaily
    Options

Weigh In Week

June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Fantastic loss!!! Woo hooo you are gonna crush your goal!

Thank you!!! So excited!! Rewarded myself with a new shirt and not food!!!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!!! :)

Name: Suzie

Starting Weight May 29th: 151?
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 150

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: Keep on counting calories; keep on exercising

Struggles: Lots of distractions; Sometimes I'm TIRED!

Successes:
    -I hit my first mini-goal of 150 yesterday; just want to maintain that for tomorrow
    -I'm on my way to the next size jeans!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    suzievv wrote: »
    I'd like to join!!! :)

Name: Suzie

Starting Weight May 29th: 151?
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 150

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Weekly Goals: Keep on counting calories; keep on exercising

Struggles: Lots of distractions; Sometimes I'm TIRED!

Successes:
    -I hit my first mini-goal of 150 yesterday; just want to maintain that for tomorrow
    -I'm on my way to the next size jeans!

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!
  • b3achy
    Options
    Sounds like a couple folks get to reset their goals for June since they already met their goal weights at the beginning of the month!! Congrats!!! :smiley:
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    ****CORRECTED*****

Weigh In Week

June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Wowza well done!

Thank you!