Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals:I want to exercise at least 3 times a week and try to meal plan on the weekends :)

Struggles:I struggle at being prepared with my foods and saving time out of my day to exercise

Successes: do far I have lost 40lbs total!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Name: Mari

Starting Weight May 29th: 287.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 277.8

Weigh In Week

June 4: 285.8
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: 2 LBS
    Total LBS lost this month: 2 LBS

Weekly Goals:

Work out minimum 5 days this week.
    Reach my step goal each day.
    Drink my 3 liters of water each day.
    Weather permitting, walk 3 times this week.

Struggles:
    This week I started off very mellow and I felt that my body just needed to step back and reflect on my journey and life. I decided to go back to walking as opposed to my high impact workouts. Im hoping that next week I am back to feeling up for the higher impact stuff. I struggled with my water intake, maybe because I wasnt working out as hard I felt less thirsty? I dunno. AND....pain in my foot from my plantar fasciitis. Its been pretty bad this week probably because i went back to walking. sigh.

Successes:
    I am down another 2 lbs. I went to the store this week and one of the moms from school that had not seen me since school started saw me and was floored at how much weight Ive lost. She told me that I looked amazing and that she was very proud of me. Usually the people who see me daily dont really notice the differences so for me this was proof that I was actally making progress.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

I hope you are all having a wonderful morning and eventually day. I wish you a successful day in all you do.

Challenge question for today..

What are your favorite exercises?

My favorite exercises at the moment are Insanity and Walking. Its either one or the other. I also have an ellyptical at home that I jump on once in awhile but man its so hard. I regret it 2 minutes in everytime. Insanity is so good I always feel like I got a good workout even if I do a modified version of it.

I like to change it up tho. every few months I find something new to do. I like trying any fitness DVD.

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    G'Morning! still waiting to see how good it will be ;) (not a morning person)

Favorite Exercise:
    • Stand Up Paddleboarding - great core workout, low impact (unless it is choppy), get time on the water, often see water wildlife - stingrays, fish, herons, pelicans, dolphins, manatees, sharks.
    Other Exercises I Do / Not Really Sure These are Favorites per se:
    • Walking - no equipment needed other than motivation to do it
    • My "go to" exercise - Gazelle (I have one of those old Tony Little machines in my family room), I use it to get some no impact cardio while watching TV, especially if I didn't get anything done during the day.
    • I like DVDs too, but right now, I can't put one into the machine without one of my cats thinking it is a video for him (he's addicted to those squirrel/bird videos). I feel so bad, that it crushes me to put anything in the machine these days for myself because he looks so disappointed when he sees it's not for him! LOL
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I cheated and stepped on the scale this morning...still hasn't budged! 3 weeks and no scale movement. :| I guess it's time to invest in a food scale...

Exercises I Love:
    • Dancing! I love just about every dance style, but my favs are burlesque, swing dancing, and ballroom. Now that I have the new job, I can invest in some classes again! :)
    • Walking - easy, free, and not too hard on the joints.
    • Yoga - it's more of a mental health thing for me. Not as many good studios where I live now though.

Exercises I Love the Idea of:
    • Anything outside in/on/near the ocean (I moved away from the sea and I miss it).
    • Some of those amazing youtube pilates/HIIT/crazy intense videos. I've tried a few and I end up hurting myself.
    • Running. I'd love to do a colour run.
    • Strength training. The results always look amazing.

Honestly, I'm really trying to figure out how to love exercise without hurting myself. I get super sore after working out and really hungry, so I often feel like it ends up wrecking my dieting efforts and ruining the rest of my day. Also, my feet and hands give me issues. They're both super tiny (shoes size 5.5 on a 5'5", 176.6 lbs person, hands fit children's gloves - Grampy calls me starfish because I taper to points.) and often get swollen or otherwise injured, especially during body weight exercises.
  • beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gonna weigh in on Saturdays since that's my usual weigh in day :)

Name: Valérie

Starting Weight May 29th: 182 lbs
    Goal Weight July 2nd: 176 lbs

Weigh In Week

June 4: 179,6
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 24:
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: 2,4
    Total LBS lost this month: 2,4

Weekly Goals:
    - Running at least 5 times
    - Drinking 8 glasses of water every day
    - Stop making excuses

YES!!! I left the 180s finally!!

Struggles: I was nowhere near my goal of running 5 times this week. Only did it once actually :( But I did go for walks almost every day. Better than nothing I guess!

Successes: I drank my 8 glasses of water every day! Sometimes even 10! I'm really happy about this since I used to drink *maybe* one or 2 glasses a day. I also logged everything I ate this week.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Shelle33 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm really trying to figure out how to love exercise without hurting myself. I get super sore after working out and really hungry, so I often feel like it ends up wrecking my dieting efforts and ruining the rest of my day. Also, my feet and hands give me issues. They're both super tiny (shoes size 5.5 on a 5'5", 176.6 lbs person, hands fit children's gloves - Grampy calls me starfish because I taper to points.) and often get swollen or otherwise injured, especially during body weight exercises.

You know at my weight anything can hurt me if I am not careful. I do Insanity! You just have to modify the workouts. Instead of jumping up like for jumping jacks....squat down. Instead of floor push ups do wall push ups or chair pushups. Stuff like this. In any workout you do you have to work your way up to the intensity on the tv. It isn't going to right away. Be good to your body and it will then e good to you. :smiley: you can look on youtube and find this great woman under Coach Tulin. She shows many modified versions of exercise moves. Check it out.
  • beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exercises I love

That's a though one... I really don't like very many lol. I love going for walks and I'm starting to like running. That's pretty much it lol

• wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Favorite exercise is walking!!!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Favorite exercise is walking!
  • mandi5596
    mandi5596 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercises right now is between Kickboxing, Zumba, and Walking!
  • SallyDans
    SallyDans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Favorited exercises:
    Hiking in summer, snowshoeing in winter - I live close to the Rocky Mountains
    Yoga - great for body and mind, and everyone can do it, believe me I am no pretzel
  • stacyhsings
    stacyhsings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Stacy

Starting Weight May 29th: 247
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 237

Weigh In Week

June 5: 235
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 2 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 2 lbs

Weekly Goals: Meet my water intake each day, complete my food log for each day with everything tracked in it. Hit at least 10,000 steps a day.

Struggles: making the time to workout. With a full time job and a toddler, I skip this nearly everyday. Time to make this a priority. UPDATE: Early in the week was easy to meet my step and tracking goals. By the end of the week, I was starting to slack on it.

Successes: I met my water intake each day and increased my activity level early in the week.
  • Guinan1961
    Guinan1961 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name:Marie

Starting Weight May 29th: 216
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 206

Weigh In Week

June 5:
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals:
    Lose 2 pounds each week
    Struggles:
    Overeating
    Successes:
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I hope you are all having a wonderful morning and eventually day. I wish you a successful day in all you do.

My favorite exercises at the moment are Insanity and Walking. Its either one or the other. I also have an ellyptical at home that I jump on once in awhile but man its so hard. I regret it 2 minutes in everytime. Insanity is so good I always feel like I got a good workout even if I do a modified version of it.

I like to change it up tho. every few months I find something new to do. I like trying any fitness DVD.

What's Insanity? A set of workouts?
  • mari_moulin
    Options

What's Insanity? A set of workouts?

I don't know if you know ShaunT? He did hip hop abs and T25 and Insanity, now he's got a new workout called Cize. It's a very crazy cardio workout. It's so good. Look it up on youtube to get an idea of what it is.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Favorite exercises:

Zumba (I do Linda Edler's routines on YouTube)
    Tae Bo (also YouTube)
    Walking
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Favorite exercises:
    - Elliptical, ESPECIALLY backwards (more of a quad/hamstring burn that way)
    - HIIT (high-intensity interval training) on the elliptical, walking or recumbent bike
    - 3/4 modified triathlon: since I don't run yet and don't own a bike, I go to the gym and swim 3/4 mile, go 18 miles on a recumbent bike, and 4 miles on an elliptical. I'm trying to do this every Sunday - so far I've done it twice and I love the challenge!
  • stacyhsings
    stacyhsings Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Weigh In Week

June 5: 245 (had to edit from original post that read at a 12 lbs loss. I wish!!! )
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Weigh In Week

June 5: 245 (had to edit from original post that read at a 12 lbs loss. I wish!!! )

Still a great loss!