What kind of diet are you on??

Options
Hi everyone I have been using slim fast shakes for a while. And I was wondering if anyone else out there had tried them or what kind of diet are you on that's working for you?? Just curious

Replies

• Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How is that working or for you?? I am on a diet because I find that it works better for me and I lose weight faster eating healthier.
  • Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I kind of spice my shakes up with fresh fruit or almond milk and other things like that. Just so I won't get bored with them so fast.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tonica0720 wrote: »
    I kind of spice my shakes up with fresh fruit or almond milk and other things like that. Just so I won't get bored with them so fast.

Do you accurately weigh and truthfully log the stuff you add to your Slim-Fast drink?
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I replaced breakfast with Muscle Milk or Optimum Nutrition Shakes. One serving of each is 170 calories and has 6 grams of fat, 8 grams of carb, and 16g of protein. The ingredients in MM and ON are superior to Slim Fast. Slim Fast has too much sugar
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a weight loss diet, but I do follow (roughly) a whole foods plant based eating style. I have lost some weight, but that's not really my reason for doing it. I feel more energetic and don't have food cravings anymore (which is a huge relief).

I see the convenience advantage to using shakes, but be sure to keep focused on what changes you will make for a lifetime. Work on making the meals you eat as healthy and satisfying as possible, and start planning your transition sooner rather than later. What you do for a lifetime is much more important than what you do in the short term to meet a weight loss goal.
  • KalynNicole1993
    KalynNicole1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting. I eat one meal in the afternoon and I might do a snack if I want too, but usually not. I started doing this right after Christmas and I have lost 35 pounds.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Overall healthy diet. Filtered water, Organic and Non-GMO foods. Antibiotic free, Cage Free/Free from, and Grass fed whenever possible. Low amounts of processed and packaged foods. Mainly eating seasonally whenever possible. Organic and Non-GMO Supplements if needed and when possible.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    Since I have pcos I watch my carb intake. I prefer to get my calories from real food that I will be eating during and after maintenance. I occasionally have used protein powder (ON) in shakes.
    Where do you find fake food? I would like to try some. :p
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    tryett wrote: »
    Since I have pcos I watch my carb intake. I prefer to get my calories from real food that I will be eating during and after maintenance. I occasionally have used protein powder (ON) in shakes.
    Where do you find fake food? I would like to try some. :p

I was referring to eating rather than drinking my calories.