June (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yay, @7lenny7 That's all a beautiful thing.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    12 pages already? Shhhhhheeeeeez.

Goal 120 km

1-3 Travel and rest
    4 - 6 km

Total 6 km

Not raising my km, going to try to add more biking and swimming while hold running steady for this month.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you comments.
    @orphia great job on your longest run yet! Love the pictures, especially the llamas! What's the story with the shoe tree?

Nice running everyone. I'm going to try to get an hour run in today, but it looks like a rainy one.
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My goal is 80km!

2nd - 8km
    4th - 5km (parkrun, 26:21) new PB by 1min 35seconds! :smiley:

13/80 so far
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7. Great run. Enjoy graduation and congrats to your son.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I got out yesterday morning and had a chance to jog with my boyfriend. It was nice and I took him through a different route so it wasn't so pavement looking. I didn't see any chipmunks though while we were in the park. The last .75 mi. of the run was jogging through a bit of my neighborhood.
  • kittary
    kittary Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Run/walk Goal - June 30 miles

June 4th .........4.25 miles .........Total 4.25
    June 5th .........4.5 miles ...........Total 8.25

This week is going to be packed with Graduation activities, transportation, and out of town family visits. It may be another end of the week push.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    6/1: 5 miles
    6/2: 6.4 miles
    6/3: Rest
    6/4: Lazy
    6/5: 9 miles

I was supposed to do 8 miles yesterday, but I took my sleeping aid too late on Friday night and was too groggy to do anything but lay in bed and doze until almost 10 am. Oops. Instead of running later when it was hot and humid, I dcided to get a jump start on packing/rearranging for my move at the end of June.

Today I was supposed to run 14 miles, but my calves are ridiculously tight. Could I have run 14 miles anyway without any problems? Probably, but I don't want to risk it since I'm just getting back into training mode. Going to do some massage and foam rolling today, and then I'm 100% back in the saddle tomorrow with a 6 am, 6 mile group run! I SWEAR!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    6/11: Pacers Princeton Halfway Half (Princeton, NJ)
    7/4: A 4th of July race somewhere!
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Via Marathon (Allentown, PA)
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Philly, PA)

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 and @WhatMeRunning and @katharmonic - Congrats on your races! I love reading the race reports.

@Orphia - Congrats on the distance PR. Loved the pictures. I wish I had a place like that to run.

@7lenny7 - Sounds like a fun run. Woo-hoo, no pain! Congrats to your son.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    After yesterday's killer race pace 12 mile run, Today's unscheduled rest day feels like a good idea.....sleeping in until 0730 felt great. Rest day tomorrow too, then just runs on Tuesday and Thursday for this coming cutback week, and my 10k race on Saturday.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Miles= walked/jogged
    6/1 - 1.2
    6/2 - 1.2
    6/5 - 4

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3 miles
    6/2 - zip
    6/3 - 5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles (I did 2 miles of intervals with my friend then walked 2 miles with her) after that I ran 3 miles with Skip so I'm going to count 5 miles
    6/5 - 5 miles

18 of 100 miles

exercise.png
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Orphia congrats on your distance PR, and I Love the pics! Jealous that you live somewhere you get to run by llamas and sheep ;)
  • Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/6: 4.5 Miles
    3/6: 3.4 Miles
    5/6: 3.7 Miles

exercise.png

• ryanclifton8321
    ryanclifton8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Forgot to log yesterday. Today was just a fun run :) Hitting the road hard the coming weeks.