What kind of diet are you on??

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I usually do the following things:

I eat 2 to 3 large meals per day and a late evening snack.
    I eat multiple servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
    I limit, but don't eliminate, heavily refined/hyperpalatable foods (junk food).
    I prepare most of my food myself.
    The only calories I drink come from whey protein.
    I manage my food environment strategically to better influence my food seeking behaviors.
    I tend to bias additional carbohydrate and protein around training.
    I tend to consume higher calories on harder training days.

I do not track calories or macronutrients currently.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    @hollyrayburn, where'd you find that? Thanks for helping me make my point. OP doesn't seem to be getting it, though.

I accidentally put my response in the quote. Lol.

OP is hell bent on the easy way out. Sure, she may have lost weight with this slime fast shakes (and that wasn't a typo lol), but what she is failing to realize is, even if she reaches goal, she can't healthily live on this regimen, and once she going back to the old ways of eating, she'll regain all the weight, possibly more.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Tonica0720 wrote: »
    Yes I do most of the time I just add bananas or strawberries. It gives it a better taste. But I don't weigh any of the food I eat.

So, when you've reached your weight loss goal and are done with the Slimfast Diet, what then? What will you have learned from the Slimfast Diet that will enable you to keep the weight off for good? Will you do the shakes forever? If not, how will you know what quantity of food to eat so you can maintain your weight loss?

When I'm done with the shakes I will eat different foods to keep the weight off. Because currently I alternate between shakes or meal prepped food. So Its not that I don't know how to eat healthy or meal prep sometimes shakes are just convenient for me and less calories.

Oh. So you will eat different foods and that will keep the weight off. Gotcha.

Just out of curiosity, what are these foods? Can you eat them in unlimited quantities?

Yes when I'm not having a shake I eat thinks like fruits, veggies, only chicken.

So, in what quantities? Unlimited?

I'm trying to make a point here, but am hoping you'll get there on your own....

No my quantities are not unlimited I meal prep. I measure my food out. I already got a point before this post. I was just curious about everyone else.

Use a food scale. They're more accurate than measuring cups.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet. I decided when I started that I will not "diet" instead I will make this a lifestyle habit. After 2 years I wouldn't know what to do without logging my meals and exercising.
  • Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @hollyrayburn, where'd you find that? Thanks for helping me make my point. OP doesn't seem to be getting it, though.

I accidentally put my response in the quote. Lol.

OP is hell bent on the easy way out. Sure, she may have lost weight with this slime fast shakes (and that wasn't a typo lol), but what she is failing to realize is, even if she reaches goal, she can't healthily live on this regimen, and once she going back to the old ways of eating, she'll regain all the weight, possibly more.

It's actually not the easy way out. It's what has been working for me! I have changed my way of eating when I am not on the shakes already. This is not my first time dieting so thanks for your tips but your not saying anything that I don't already kw or haven't heard. I have been off them before and I don't let myself gain the way back. I know what I am doing.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    Thanks for everyone that replied with an actual positive comment instead of saying what people need to do and what they don't know.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone that replied with an actual positive comment instead of saying what people need to do and what they don't know.

You wanted to know what other people do. I feel that weighing food is very important, so I do that. I was curious as to what YOU do when the shakes are done.
  • Tonica0720
    Options

You wanted to know what other people do. I feel that weighing food is very important, so I do that. I was curious as to what YOU do when the shakes are done.

When I'm done with the shakes I will continue to work out and eat lean foods such as chicken and vegetables. I also eat a lot of fruit. I don't just have shakes all the time sometimes I like to eat food but when I don't have time to have anything healthy or prepare food I will jus have a shake.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    There are a lot of things I still need to learn about meal prepping too.
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For this week I'm mostly having homemade smoothies to help with the last push of my cut after my vacay. Great results so far and looking forward to maintenance lol.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    About a year ago, I started doing a Whole Foods Plant Based (WFPB) diet, I also keep it low fat. I like potatoes, oats, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, corn, lots of fruits and veggies, sugar, almond milk, a few nuts and seeds. Occasionally bread or cereal. Once or twice a week, I'll have some sweets like ice cream, chocolate and biscuits. I started at 152 lbs and now maintaining at 117 lbs.

Just wondering why low fat? Fat is very essential, so I never quite understand why anyone would go low fat.

Fat has more calories than carbs or protein, so if it's about losing weight some people find it easier to take in fewer calories if they eat less fatty foods. That's pretty much the only reason I ever cut fat out of my diet. I couldn't tell you what Traveler120's reasons are tough.
    Thanks for answering.
    The only reason I ask is fat is essential to many body functions such as digestion, hormone regulation, keeping hair skin and nails moisturized, absorption for fat soluble vitamins such as A D E and K, provide many essential fatty acids, nerve and brain function. I am sure there are more reasons as to why fat is extremely essential.

Yes, fat is essential, but contrary to what many people think, you don't need gobs and gobs of it for the functions it serves, such as vitamin absorption. This study - http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/4/1041.long#sec-18 - found that deficiencies were reversed equally for all groups including those on 12% fat, and that the issue is usually not how much fat you're eating but how much of the vitamin rich foods you're eating.

I keep mine under 15% (of a ~2000 cal diet) and my hair and nails have yet to fall off. My skin is also great. Also, I use Cronometer.com to check the nutrient density of my diet and it shows that I get enough omega 3s. Other factors are cholesterol, mine goes up (beyond normal ranges) if I eat higher fat. Some people are susceptible to this, some are not. Lucky for me, I don't enjoy fatty foods anyway so changing to lower fat wasn't a problem. Another factor to consider is that fats and oils in general don't have many vitamins and minerals so can tend to be empty calories eg, 120 cals from a potato, fruit or serving of beans is much more nutritious and valuable to me than a tbsp of coconut oil.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    For this week I'm mostly having homemade smoothies to help with the last push of my cut after my vacay. Great results so far and looking forward to maintenance lol.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of smoothies are you having? What kind of ingredients?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You have questioned everyone else's diet on this thread, including my own. I don't know why you don't want others to question yours in turn.
  • Tonica0720
    Options

You have questioned everyone else's diet on this thread, including my own. I don't know why you don't want others to question yours in turn.

It wasn't about questioning it was about the way they made it seem as if I didn't know what I was doing. Thank for the comments tho.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    They're just concerned because we all know (because of counting our calories) just how easy it is to over eat a little bit every day, or really, every meal.

The idea that they're trying to communicate (albeit some in a smart *kitten* tone) is that by "cheating" the system and not worrying about counting all day every day you won't be prepared to maintain for very long when you give up the shakes.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options

When I'm done with the shakes I will continue to work out and eat lean foods such as chicken and vegetables. I also eat a lot of fruit. I don't just have shakes all the time sometimes I like to eat food but when I don't have time to have anything healthy or prepare food I will jus have a shake.

There will be plenty of "I don't have time for anything healthy" moments and plenty of "I didn't meal prep" moments. Get some cook books and check out some healthy cooking websites to learn how to cook healthy in hurry. Also research how to make healthy fast food and convenience food choices. Make the time to do the research if you want your weight loss to last and maintenance to be easier to navigate. Shakes can't always be the go to.

You can do this! Educate yourself! Baby steps!
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    CI<CO
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the forums. I eat regular foods, but at a deficit. I also am trying to hit my macros.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who lost weight using slim fast and who managed to maintain her weight loss (I'm talking 100lbs). Although, using the shakes she really focused on incorporating more fruits and veggies into her diet and cooking her own meals. After losing the weight and being in maintenance she no longer uses the shakes, just practices portion control and regularly exercises.