sports bra to bed or no?

Options

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I feel more comfortable wearing a bra to bed. I am large busted and having the girls unsupported just feels way too heavy and uncomfortable.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It depends. My skin isn't firm anywhere & I can't stand them being floppy, so I wear them; to keep them in place because they droop approximately an inch, from where they should be but I also have angina & have to take it off, to relieve pressure & rub under my left breast to sooth the pain; when that happens.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, if I'm not at work (and sometimes even when I am at work) I don't wear a bra. Definitely never one to bed. The only time was when I was breastfeeding otherwise I would just leak everywhere, and then I wore a loose fitting nursing bra.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a no. I like to let my body breathe.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, but it's a comfy sports bra. I hate "real" bras, but doing what I can to prevent sagging. ;)
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra to bed most nights because I exercise at 4:30am. I wear my workout clothes (minus socks) so I can roll out of bed, ponytail, socks, shoes and start my workout.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Ugh, no way. So uncomfortable. But then, I am an A cup, so I can pretty much go braless all day if I want
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Ugh, no way. So uncomfortable. But then, I am an A cup, so I can pretty much go braless all day if I want

Want to trade, I have slightly droopy; 36 C's? I'd love to never have to, wear a bra again!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The only time i take my bra off is to shower, as I can NOT stand that unsupported feeling, especially when i'm sitting down.
    I wear mine to be bed to at the chagrin of my husband lol But the only reason i wear it to bed is because i couldn't be stuffed fiddling around and putting it back on when i get up in the morning, especially so because it's winter here, so i have to take my pj top off, fiddle around with the bra, in the cold, and then put my top back on again!
  • SnappyDresser
    SnappyDresser Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep a few times with firm support sports bra on, woke up so uncomfortable and couldn't hardly wait to get it off fast enough and fumbly because I was asleep so that made it hard to get off too. I'm sticking with the Victoria's Secret sleep/leisure bra category of "I love the comfort and the gentle support during sleep."
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Want to trade, I have slightly droopy; 36 C's? I'd love to never have to, wear a bra again!

I have post pregnancy/breastfeeding 36 C's and have no problem going bra less!!! My boobs never hurt. I actually just read an article the other day talking about going totally braless, after a few weeks it really strengthens them and keeps them from hurting (if that's a problem for you) and that bras actually exacerbate some back pain issues due to putting so much weight on the shoulders.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I wear a tank top with a built in shelf bra. Not too constricting, a little support but not uncomfortable.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a sports bra to bed, but I almost always wear a bra. If I were smaller, I wouldn't bother, but I'm a 36DD. At my size going braless can actually be more uncomfortable than wearing a bra. Usually, I wear a wireless bra by Bali from their comfort revolution series.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I never used to wear a bra to bed until after I had my son. Now, i wear a very light-support bra (no wires, literally a bra-shirt thing) and can't stand not wearing something for a little bit of support in bed. Totally a preference thing and depends on your comfort!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I have post pregnancy/breastfeeding 36 C's and have no problem going bra less!!! My boobs never hurt. I actually just read an article the other day talking about going totally braless, after a few weeks it really strengthens them and keeps them from hurting (if that's a problem for you) and that bras actually exacerbate some back pain issues due to putting so much weight on the shoulders.

Mine only hurt during my TOM, I've never been pregnant; so no milk production and/or breast feeding. I'll try that but only when I am home, lol. I've never had any back/shoulder pain, from them. Mine began drooping when I was 16 because when I was 14, I was going through puberty but it ceased; for 2 years because I became sick with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), after a sever flu. When puberty resumed, I went from not being able to fill a training bra (so I wasn't even wearing them); to a C in a few weeks. By the time I got bras, it was too late; to support them while growing & I even have stretch marks above them.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I don't wear a sports bra to bed, but I almost always wear a bra. If I were smaller, I wouldn't bother, but I'm a 36DD. At my size going braless can actually be more uncomfortable than wearing a bra. Usually, I wear a wireless bra by Bali from their comfort revolution series.

For me if it isn't a sports bra, they'll just fall out of the cups; which would the defeat the purpose of wearing a bra while sleeping.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do when I get home is ditch the bra. I only wear them out or to store. I avoid them as much as possible and I would totally only wear them to work if my fiance wouldn't get mad.