sports bra to bed or no?

Options

Replies

• freya9897
    freya9897 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sleep in a tight/stretchy tank top normally. I've slept in a bra a few times and every time has left me sore and achey the next day, regardless of what bra I wore.

Machka9 I have a similar issue though rather less extreme. I have very large boobs, but even so I find that the band size that fits around my ribcage comfortably is one size larger than the one that fits my boobs best. For me 32G fit best, cupwise, but after a day of use will be leaving bruising round my sides and underbust. On the hand, 34F fits fine around the ribcage but I end up a really odd shape and it doesn't sit properly, because the cups are too wide. Have you ever got fitted properly?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I'm a DDD and I wear a bra, sports bra or shelfed camisole to bed every night. I'm uncomfortable with then unbound.

It's not bad. It's just personal preference.

Same.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine wearing a bra to bed, and I've been as big as a G cup. To be fair, I resent having to wear anything to bed, like when I'm staying somewhere unfamiliar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hell no.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    I don't wear one to bed.

Should try it. Is nice.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't wear one to bed.

tumblr_inline_nlr5dan4ZD1t7oi6g.gif
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but I don't see why you would wear something so tight to bed

Yup. I never wear one and I am not exactly small chested (32D). Having to wear one all day is enough torture for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    freya9897 wrote: »
    I sleep in a tight/stretchy tank top normally. I've slept in a bra a few times and every time has left me sore and achey the next day, regardless of what bra I wore.

Machka9 I have a similar issue though rather less extreme. I have very large boobs, but even so I find that the band size that fits around my ribcage comfortably is one size larger than the one that fits my boobs best. For me 32G fit best, cupwise, but after a day of use will be leaving bruising round my sides and underbust. On the hand, 34F fits fine around the ribcage but I end up a really odd shape and it doesn't sit properly, because the cups are too wide. Have you ever got fitted properly?

No, I haven't ... I probably should now that I've returned to my normal small size again. When I gain weight, that's the main place I gain it ... and when I lose weight, that's the main place I lose it.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat, 34 G is where they look the best, but it is not comfortable. I have tried 36G, 36F...nothing really seems right. Either way, I get that thing off as soon as I can, the band digs in and I have permanent indentions in my shoulders. I have been considering a reduction for multiple reason and one being that I am never comfortable.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I don't wear one to bed.

tumblr_inline_nlr5dan4ZD1t7oi6g.gif

Oh I don't see a lot of Suits memes out there!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »

I am in the same boat, 34 G is where they look the best, but it is not comfortable. I have tried 36G, 36F...nothing really seems right. Either way, I get that thing off as soon as I can, the band digs in and I have permanent indentions in my shoulders. I have been considering a reduction for multiple reason and one being that I am never comfortable.

I have the same issue. 34DD fits me best (even 32E depending on the brand ) but gets too tight as the day goes on so I end up wearing 36D or DD which rides up at the back and doesn't support the girls properly. I swear bras are the worst form of torture.
    When I was pregnant I was a G cup and had to wear a bra to bed so I sympathize with you ladies who have to do that all the time. I hated wearing it, even a sports bra drove me crazy but they had to be contained!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I leave them free. Easier for my daughter to get her milk when she wants without waking me up.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a thread!

Interesting how much variation there is. I had no idea people wore bras to bed! I'm one of those who always wears one the rest of the time because it's uncomfortable (even sore) to be unsupported, but I'd never dream of wearing one at night, it sounds so uncomfortable! I've never found they get in the way when sleeping, I mean, I've had them for a long time! It's like adjusting long hair at night, you get used to it and do it in your sleep.

Those of you worrying about "perkiness", this is a lie told by adverts and women's magazines. Breasts over a certain size are NOT perky unless they are held up by a good bra. It is not physically possible. They sag naturally when unsupported. The poor soul who described hers as "like half set jello", as if there was something wrong with them, is describing ALL prodigious knockers. That is just how they are . Yes, they can sag more with age - that happens because the ligaments stretch, and the only way to avoid it is to wear a supportive bra when upright to counteract gravity. Wearing one when you're lying down will make no difference. So that decision is just one of comfort.

Just like I keep the girls bound, I keep my hair in a bun. Either would make it difficult for me to sleep because that's how I've done things for 25 years (longer with the hair). It's what's comfortable for me. For others, they would be very uncomfortable to do what I do.

I never associated perkiness with firmness. I always thought of perkiness as the opposite of sagging. There's such a range of perspectives and personal preferences in here. It's been an interesting thread even though it's about something so mundane.

The boob kink people are super happy about it too, I'm sure.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but if you want to try, I'll read it :D
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know that wearing a bra to bed was a thing :open_mouth: Here in Sweden it's definitely not common, and I've never heard of anyone doing it!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ChxSurf782 wrote: »
    Totally a side note, but I wonder: If guys started a thread about type of underwear we do or do not wear to bed, complete with descriptions of the size of our package and how the support feels to us, would it be banned/locked?

I have nothing against this thread (it's fascinating really), but I have to assume that men would not be granted the same option to discuss their manhood. Or, am I wrong? :/

Try one and find out.

"Guys, what keeps you comfortable at night?"
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I go bed without the bra and so does my baby.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Totally a side note, but I wonder: If guys started a thread about type of underwear we do or do not wear to bed, complete with descriptions of the size of our package and how the support feels to us, would it be banned/locked?

I have nothing against this thread (it's fascinating really), but I have to assume that men would not be granted the same option to discuss their manhood. Or, am I wrong? :/

Try one and find out.

"Guys, what keeps you comfortable at night?"

Yeah, I wear nothing but the sheets at night.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Any guy I have ever meant, likes the free and loving it anytime they can ;)