Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I can't wait to set the girls free at night. Free the boobies!

Absolutely!!

Any time I can get away without a bra ... I do!

Whenever I can, when they look appropriate with the rest of my outfit, I will wear relatively thick, snug fitting tank tops instead of a bra.

I'll just add to this that I'm almost 50 years old and I have never found a comfortable bra. I have drawers full of the things, and I've tried on a lot over the years, and every single one is uncomfortable.

One thing I have discovered is that my rib cage must be bigger than average. I'm wearing a bra today that I don't fill but I had to get it ... and then also get a bra extender ... in order to fit the band around my rib cage. And even so it is tight and uncomfortable and feels like it is crushing my ribs on the right side right now.

Sports bras are equally as bad. If I get them small enough to fit the girls, the band around the rib cage just about suffocates me. So I try to get them to fit around the rib cage and be as stretchy as possible ... and then they're similar to wearing a T-shirt ... but usually still a bit too tight around the rib cage.

Even tank tops with shelf bras are too tight around the rib cage even if I get them a size or two too big. I have one that hangs on me like a sack, but that shelf bra is just slightly too tight.

I wear a 42 B~C and have had difficulty finding bras in the past.

I used to cut out the underwires to make bras more comfortable, but have recently found some bras at Walmart for which I could leave the underwire in. One brand is Curvations, which I didn't see last time I bra-shopped there, as I bought Fruit of the Loom, which goes up to at least a 42 C.

For larger-band racer-back bras, I like Leading Lady, which Kohl's used to carry but apparently no longer does online anyway. Last time I shopped for these they had them with and without the underwires.

For sports bras, I like https://decentexposures.com/. They will customize for you. First pair I bought I needed longer straps so I sent them back and they did this. I like light cotton bras in the summer and do not run/bounce around so get the cotton eyelet. Different fabrics provide different support.
  • bwendel5210
    bwendel5210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read an article a few months ago about how it's good to go bra-less for a few hours each day while you're awake. Its supposed to help toxins move through and out of your lymphatic system. I"ll see if I can find the link. I'm bra-free at home and overnight even though I'm still bf-ing my (almost) 11 month old.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not big chested, I have C cups. Basically I don't fully understand the plight of the well endowed woman. I'm not uncomfortable while wearing a bra, but it is the first thing to come off when I get home and it doesn't go back on until I have to go to work the next morning, and if I'm home for the weekend it won't make an appearance until Monday. I definitely can't imagine sleeping in one, I generally sleep in the buff and don't like the idea of being tangled up in clothes no matter how tight or loose they are (maybe has something to do with my Claustrophobia?)

Edit to add: I do wear sports bras while working out, but other than that no.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If women can't wait to take their bra's off because they're uncomfortable, aren't they wearing the wrong size? A well fitting bra should feel 'invisible'.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    It's a personal decision..for me it's no bra or no wearing anything in bed actually :smiley: . it would be a bit of a passion killer wearing one? Imo

Yeah it comes off when there's passion incoming lol

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    If women can't wait to take their bra's off because they're uncomfortable, aren't they wearing the wrong size? A well fitting bra should feel 'invisible'.

It does feel invisible outside the house but something changes as soon as I'm home. It's very odd.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

It does feel invisible outside the house but something changes as soon as I'm home. It's very odd.

QFT
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

I have been fitted multiple times, nothing has ever felt invisible. I think there is a point when size can make it nearly impossible to feel invisible.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Why would a bra feel invisible when other clothing does not?
  • Christine_72
    Options

Because it feels like a second skin to me. Like i said, It's uncomfortable to NOT wear a bra for me, and I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the wrong size to boot, as I've never been measured professionally.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Because it feels like a second skin to me. Like i said, It's uncomfortable to NOT wear a bra for me, and I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the wrong size to boot, as I've never been measured professionally.

I think it's more uncomfortable to not wear a bra than to wear one when I'm awake (opposite when sleeping or lying down) but I've never had any piece of clothing that I thought felt invisible. I find most clothing a bit uncomfortable after a while which is why I never wear the same outfit all day.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I think it's more uncomfortable to not wear a bra than to wear one when I'm awake (opposite when sleeping or lying down) but I've never had any piece of clothing that I thought felt invisible. I find most clothing a bit uncomfortable after a while which is why I never wear the same outfit all day.

Fair enough :smile:

Maybe it's a security thing?? I can't sleep naked either, even in the middle of our Aussie summers. It makes me feel vulnerable and "naked" lol
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I typically do not wear a sports bra to bed.

So I'm going to say no.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Maybe it's a security thing?? I can't sleep naked either, even in the middle of our Aussie summers. It makes me feel vulnerable and "naked" lol

I think it definitely is a security thing for me. I absolutely hate the feeling of being braless. I remember being in the emergency room once, and they made me take off my bra under the gown, and I was SO anxious the whole time I had to be like that. I kept folding my arms under my boobs to hold them up. I dunno... except for the shower, I'm always in a bra.

• Christine_72
    Options

I think it definitely is a security thing for me. I absolutely hate the feeling of being braless. I remember being in the emergency room once, and they made me take off my bra under the gown, and I was SO anxious the whole time I had to be like that. I kept folding my arms under my boobs to hold them up. I dunno... except for the shower, I'm always in a bra.

Haha Yes exactly! My arms are permanently stationed under my boobs if I'm braless. Talk about anxiety!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    No bra to bed here and mine are an EE, my "bra" in bed is my hubby lol. I also air the girls at the weekends before lunch, after lunch I put them back into their "prison" My only struggle is finding a decent sports bra that gives me enough support or else it hurts.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My girls are free at night!
  • Barrett9835
    Barrett9835 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do not wear one to bed, my VS bras are all under wire but I do not take it off until it's time for bed. I was told not to wear on to bed. I am busty girl but whatever you feel most comfortable with!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I never wore one to bed until I had my first baby. Then I had to wear one (no underwire) otherwise I'd leak milk everywhere. Plus, they were huge that the support felt better. I've had 3 babies and now I'm so used to wearing one all the time that it feels weird not to have one on.

• Christine_72
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I never wore one to bed until I had my first baby. Then I had to wear one (no underwire) otherwise I'd leak milk everywhere. Plus, they were huge that the support felt better. I've had 3 babies and now I'm so used to wearing one all the time that it feels weird not to have one on.

Yep ditto this. That's exactly how I started wearing bras to bed.
    My youngest is 21, and the bra to bed habit just stuck.