sports bra to bed or no?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have been more specific and asked will there be sleeping going on when wearing the bra or will there be a contact sport going in nightly hours?

It may depend,
    Sexy bra to be removed later on? Yep
    Contact sport involving lots of wrestling or even hanging by the bed posts? Yep
    Or just sleeping? Only my silky VS lounge bra that really is not a bra and acts like a tank..
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I hate bras! I only wear them when it seems like I have to visitors and trips to the store if I am not wearing a jacket or hoodie. I am a between an A and B. I have never worn a bra to bed unless I fell asleep on accident with all my clothes still on. My boobs are still pretty perky if I do say so myself. The idea of wearing a bra for one more min than I have to is mind boggling. But, mine don't move around to much being tiny and all.
  • tiddolski
    tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh if I wear anything over my ladies of a night I wake up so sore. (Sometimes I have sore days anyway) I can't wait to take my bra off some days.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I hate bras! I only wear them when it seems like I have to visitors and trips to the store if I am not wearing a jacket or hoodie. I am a between an A and B. I have never worn a bra to bed unless I fell asleep on accident with all my clothes still on. My boobs are still pretty perky if I do say so myself. The idea of wearing a bra for one more min than I have to is mind boggling. But, mine don't move around to much being tiny and all.

Yeah women with small boobs don't have to worry as much as those of us with bigger boobs. I will do everything i can to prevent sagging. I'm 44 and not even a hint of sagginess... yet
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a sports bra to bed, but I almost always wear a bra. If I were smaller, I wouldn't bother, but I'm a 36DD. At my size going braless can actually be more uncomfortable than wearing a bra. Usually, I wear a wireless bra by Bali from their comfort revolution series.

For me if it isn't a sports bra, they'll just fall out of the cups; which would the defeat the purpose of wearing a bra while sleeping.

I can understand that, but my sports bra has very firm support (it almost flattens me), and I don't think I could sleep comfortably in it. So far, the Bali Bra - which is sort-of like a medium support sports bra made from nylon/spandex - is working for me.

I envy women who can sleep comfortably is nothing. I've actually contemplated getting a breast reduction...and not just because of the sleep issue. Running with these things - unless I'm wearing my Resuscitation Annie sports bra - is agony.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A definite no for me.
    I don't wear anything to sleep in, a bra would be horribly uncomfortable. I've had enough long haul overnight flights where I've had to sleep fully dressed to know that it would not work for me.
    Oh and I'm a DD and there's no discomfort for me, so I think it's not size related, just personal preference.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's an easy place to secure my insulin pump (otherwise if I lay the pump next to me in bed, it could fall out, rip out my infusion set, and could send me into a potentially lethal DKA overnight). My chest is also really saggy (and only XS bralettes and sports bras fit me -curse you 28A/B chest), so wearing something all the time helps my chest area become more normal-feeling (otherwise, it's like my chest is half-set jello).
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have heard women that swear wearing a sports bra to get keeps the boobs perky forever....but I kind of doubt it. Set them free lol unless you dont mind a sport bra no reason eithier way just what is comfortable ;)

It's true. I've been wearing a sports bra to bed for about 30 years because a gorgeous female family friend gave me a list of beauty tips and that was one of them. She was in her 50s and was stunning. Now I'm in my 50s and I gotta say. I believe it helped with perkiness.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    If i didnt have to wear a bra, i wouldn't
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sleeps in workout clothes (including sports bra) to make getting up and ready easier!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have heard women that swear wearing a sports bra to get keeps the boobs perky forever....but I kind of doubt it. Set them free lol unless you dont mind a sport bra no reason eithier way just what is comfortable ;)

It's true. I've been wearing a sports bra to bed for about 30 years because a gorgeous female family friend gave me a list of beauty tips and that was one of them. She was in her 50s and was stunning. Now I'm in my 50s and I gotta say. I believe it helped with perkiness.

I agree!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    A definite no for me.
    I don't wear anything to sleep in, a bra would be horribly uncomfortable. I've had enough long haul overnight flights where I've had to sleep fully dressed to know that it would not work for me.
    Oh and I'm a DD and there's no discomfort for me, so I think it's not size related, just personal preference.

Yep. I'm DD/DDD and they need a break at night. And basically whenever I'm home.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sleeps in workout clothes (including sports bra) to make getting up and ready easier!

I'm seriously tempted to start sleeping in my scrub pants and a tank top for mornings where I am waking up at 3:30 for clinicals (then all I need to do is throw on my scrub shirt, tie up my hair, and clip my ID badge). Scrubs are the closest thing to PJs that you can get in terms of real people clothes. :D

I so love this!!
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a sports bra to bed, but I do wear a regular bra. I always have, probably always will. It's just so awkward to not wear a bra except to shower. I just don't like the feeling. I'm also "weird" and sleep fully clothed. I wear my yoga pants or whatever athletic type pants I have, a tank top and a t-shirt. Depending on if my boyfriend is trying to freeze me out with the AC, I'll wear a fleece jacket, too lol.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm a C cup and find it uncomfortable to wear a sports bra unless I am exercising. I can't walk around all day in a sports bra and definitely couldn't sleep in one.
    I sometimes wear a camisole with a shelf bra to bed. Sometimes that is uncomfortable too.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm a DDD and bought these amazingly comfy "leisure bras" from SAMFE on Amazon on the recommendation of a friend when I complained about back pain. Suddenly, my sleep patterns by my Garmin showed an improvement of 2-3 hours more of 'deep sleep' a night. And I wake up without my back hurting. I totally wish I'd thought to buy them years ago. I find sports bras too binding to sleep in, but the leisure & sleep bras tend to offer support without being uncomfortable.
  • OliverFiles
    OliverFiles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If I'm not going out in public, I'm bra-free. I've never felt comfortable in any bra, sports or otherwise. I'm obese, but I've always had a small chest and I'm really thankful for that... I actually secretly hope that if I lose all the weight I need to, I'll be mostly flat chested lol
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but I don't see why you would wear something so tight to bed