Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    The only diet sodas that I could tolerate was Dr. Pepper Ten (I believe, that's what it's called & I only bought it because I had a really great coupon, since it was a new item; at the time & I never bought it again) & Vanilla Coke Zero. I never tried Diet Dr. Pepper & while I always liked Dr. Pepper (I've lost interest, in the taste), it always had a funny taste (can't describe it any other way) to it; like when I've tried other diet sodas. I only tried Vanilla Coke Zero because of a must buy 4 sale & they only had 3 Vanilla Cokes. It didn't taste as funny, as other diet sodas & when it was/is really challenging to stay within my calorie goal, I'd choose that soda; as an alternative.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    The only diet sodas that I could tolerate was Dr. Pepper Ten (I believe, that's what it's called & I only bought it because I had a really great coupon, since it was a new item; at the time & I never bought it again) & Vanilla Coke Zero. I never tried Diet Dr. Pepper & while I always liked Dr. Pepper (I've lost interest, in the taste), it always had a funny taste (can't describe it any other way) to it; like when I've tried other diet sodas. I only tried Vanilla Coke Zero because of a must buy 4 sale & they only had 3 Vanilla Cokes. It didn't taste as funny, as other diet sodas & when it was/is really challenging to stay within my calorie goal, I'd choose that soda; as an alternative.

....... they make a vanilla coke zero?!! :o
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    LisaKay91 wrote: »

I only ever see the stuff at those Coke variety machine. There's also a cherry vanilla zero

There's also a Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. I've seen it at the gas station near the park I run at.

• DeficitDuchess
    edited June 2016
    LisaKay91 wrote: »

I hope they still do, I haven't bought it; in a couple of years because I was trying to stay away from soda but I am craving soda somewhat again. I believe Canada once had Coffee Coke (in regular).
  • esargirl
    esargirl Posts: 2 Member
    I drink a lot of herb teas that I make iced tea out of! Some are sweet without adding anything to it, so you don't have to concern yourself with an outside source of sweetener... Lemon ginger, licorice, raspberry, orange spice, peppermint.. there are so many options.. Hot or iced! and you know what you are drinking.. plus its more hydrating than soda.. :) and most are naturally decaf.. :disappointed:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    esargirl wrote: »
    I drink a lot of herb teas that I make iced tea out of! Some are sweet without adding anything to it, so you don't have to concern yourself with an outside source of sweetener... Lemon ginger, licorice, raspberry, orange spice, peppermint.. there are so many options.. Hot or iced! and you know what you are drinking.. plus its more hydrating than soda.. :) and most are naturally decaf.. :disappointed:

Did you take the time to read the thread? :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    glassyo wrote: »

Most people don't & I myself'll only read 5 to 10 pages of 1, depending upon how interesting; it is but I usually comment when I see a post, that I'd like to comment to; after reading a full page because otherwise I'll forget, what page; the post was on.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member

Some herb teas you need to be cautious with when pregnant...
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Have you tried looking into store-brand colas? There have been a couple over the years that I found were better than name-brand, and the cheaper brands will likely still be using aspartame.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Most people don't & I myself'll only read 5 to 10 pages of 1, depending upon how interesting; it is but I usually comment when I see a post, that I'd like to comment to; after reading a full page because otherwise I'll forget, what page; the post was on.

LOL yeah... it was her first post and I was trying to be nice.

I tend to read the whole thread but will easily forget what was said if it's been ongoing for a day or two so I do the same as you with replies. :)

But elphie has made it crystal clear she wasn't looking for an alternative to soda.
  • tacosticks
    tacosticks Posts: 12 Member
    I'm on a strict low-FODMAP diet, and sucralose DESTROYS my guts lmao. May I recommend Fresca? It's kinda grapefruit-y/citrus-y tasting and it's 0 cal with aspartame! :smiley: It's my saviour as quite a few diet drinks have sucralose haha
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    I've always preferred Diet Coke personally - it's what I grew up on :)

I also really enjoy making fizzy drinks with my soda stream - not because I think it's "healthier" - I don't think diet sodas are unhealthy. I just like making different drinks and the fizziness is what I like from soda so it works :)

Good luck - with finding a new diet soda and with the baby :wink:

Thank you. I had looked into a soda stream about a year ago, but due to allergies, couldn't use any of the syrups. May look into it again to see if they have any new ones I could have.

Oh I don't buy the syrups they sell. Didn't really like any of them. I usually add mio or fruit juice :) If you're looking for diet pepsi taste, it doesn't help. But if you're just wanting carbonation with a taste you like then it works.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    @elphie754 congrats!!! And best wishes!!!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    _SKIM_ wrote: »

Some herb teas you need to be cautious with when pregnant...

Exactly. Many can cause miscarriage. Also-not all tea is decaf.
  • elphie754
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    @elphie754 congrats!!! And best wishes!!!

Ty!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Iced Sparkling water
  • elphie754
    Iced Sparkling water

Not the same and just tastes blaugh to me. I also can't have most of their flavors due to red #40.
  • Therealobi1
    Coke zero and diet sprite. Diet coke only if the other two are not available
  • Therealobi1
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Iced Sparkling water

Not the same and just tastes blaugh to me. I also can't have most of their flavors due to red #40.

Only joking am a diet drink lover here. I would use diluting fruit squash with sparkling water though
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I always have 12 packs of coke zero cherry and vanilla and usually a diet cream soda i can only find at wal-mart. . .they will last me months but sometimes at the end of the day you want something sweet and you don't want to break your calorie bank. My doctor told me if they don't cause me headaches or make me want to eat everything in the house there is no reason to avoid. Going to be getting a soda stream when life allows me to have enough money for more than 10 minutes. . .im talking to you perscription glasses. . /sigh