Herbalife

Options
May I ask does anyone use herbalife and what does everyone think

Replies

• sueelaineparker
    sueelaineparker Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Uhh my husband used to sell herbal life and it's still a contentious subject between us. He thinks it's good and won't accept me telling him to just eat real food and that it's not good.
    Some gyms in my area are completely against it too.

Really isn't worth it
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Don't get conned.
    Instead, go to walmart and buy a protein powder and a multivitamin.
    In life, people will try to scam you. Don't be a victim.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale rather than trying too find a magic potion. You'll have much better results.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    From a sports therapist type I know: "The only people who ever have anything good to say about Herbalife are those trying to sell it."

We recently witnessed this in a thread about another MLM scam. The only person who commented positively about it was a person who was a distributor (salesperson) for that particular product. Everybody else in the thread agreed that it was unnecessary and ineffective. Funny how that works.

Set up a reasonable calorie goal and stick to it consistently. That's all you need to do to lose weight. No MLM scam product will make weight loss happen any faster or more effectively. Mix in a little exercise (whatever you like best and will stick to) for general health/fitness and you're golden.
  • annetteanne1
    annetteanne1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support jest want sure what to think
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support jest want sure what to think

I'm glad you were open to the feedback. These products will take your money, not do what they promise, or if they do, it won't set you up for long term success.

Read the stickied threads at the top of the getting started and general diet forums. Everything you need to do this is available to you here, for free.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Uhh my husband used to sell herbal life and it's still a contentious subject between us. He thinks it's good and won't accept me telling him to just eat real food and that it's not good.

Really isn't worth it

Really isn't worth it

My ymha will terminate your membership if you are caught peddling any MLM products.
  • CharliWhitman
    CharliWhitman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If it helps, in addition to all of the above, they taste disgusting too!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Really isn't worth it

Really isn't worth it

My ymha will terminate your membership if you are caught peddling any MLM products.

The gym I go to doesn't allow it either. It says right in the membership agreement that your membership will be irrevocably terminated on the spot for it. There's one guy who's an MLM distributor who always wears t-shirts with the product name on it and has his car completely wrapped with the product logos and "INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR" in big letters on both front quarterpanels, but he keeps to himself in the gym - I've never seen him peddling his snake oil to anybody. He's obviously a 'True Believer', though! :)