Herbalife

Options

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The main thing with those programs is you never learn to eat normally... You go on a diet, lose weight, gain it back when you return to normal food and then you need to buy more shakes.

But if you want to replace meals with shakes for any reason (convenience, etc), you'll get more bang for your buck with a decent protein powder and multivitamin.
  • angelspiking
    angelspiking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    May I ask does anyone use herbalife and what does everyone think

I use herbalife and have lost 2.5 stone.. more healthy now than ever and more energy.. I also sell it. It's an amazing product. The only way you wouldn't lose weight is if your not consistent.
  • angelspiking
    angelspiking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't get conned.
    Instead, go to walmart and buy a protein powder and a multivitamin.
    In life, people will try to scam you. Don't be a victim.

Herbalist is not a scam. I've lost 2.5 stone and am healthier now than before, cired my pre diabetes too and helpedal my pcos.. shop bought proteins and vits etc are only 30-50% pure whereas herbalist is 99.7% pure.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    May I ask does anyone use herbalife and what does everyone think

I use herbalife and have lost 2.5 stone.. more healthy now than ever and more energy.. I also sell it. It's an amazing product. The only way you wouldn't lose weight is if your not consistent.

Deja vous. Spooky!
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    From a sports therapist type I know: "The only people who ever have anything good to say about Herbalife are those trying to sell it."

We recently witnessed this in a thread about another MLM scam. The only person who commented positively about it was a person who was a distributor (salesperson) for that particular product. Everybody else in the thread agreed that it was unnecessary and ineffective. Funny how that works.

Set up a reasonable calorie goal and stick to it consistently. That's all you need to do to lose weight. No MLM scam product will make weight loss happen any faster or more effectively. Mix in a little exercise (whatever you like best and will stick to) for general health/fitness and you're golden.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This whole post is a damn ad. OP never came back and abandoned the account.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Don't get conned.

Herbalist is not a scam. I've lost 2.5 stone and am healthier now than before, cired my pre diabetes too and helpedal my pcos.. shop bought proteins and vits etc are only 30-50% pure whereas herbalist is 99.7% pure.

What's Herbalist? I think you're talking about a different product. Otherwise it's not very confidence inspiring that you don't know the name of what you're selling.

At first I thought it was auto correct, but if so, that autocorrect is failing them at every other turn.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Don't get conned.

What's Herbalist? I think you're talking about a different product. Otherwise it's not very confidence inspiring that you don't know the name of what you're selling.

At first I thought it was auto correct, but if so, that autocorrect is failing them at every other turn.

That is the general nature of autocorrect.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    WA_mama2 wrote: »
    This whole post is a damn ad. OP never came back and abandoned the account.

Actually, the OP did come back. See below.

Thank you for all the support jest want sure what to think

• LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    From a sports therapist type I know: "The only people who ever have anything good to say about Herbalife are those trying to sell it."

Hmmm, I'm not someone who sells it and I use it AND recommend it. I'm technically a "distributor" but I don't pay extra and I get a discount. I do not sell it, I refuse to, I just buy it for myself and use it. I've lost about 12 pounds on it so far, and I have learned portion control through my own healthy dinners. I don't take the pills though, they are gross and I don't believe in miracle pills. However, a meal replacement shake from herbalife is great quality and works if you stick to it. Tastes good and makes ya feel good.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Don't get conned.

I've lost 90lbs without Herbascam.
    What do I win?

A healthy liver?

And more money!
    Score!

For more crickets, happy beardies!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not that I support herbalife,but the notion that 3 anomalies qualifies as causation is a bit disturbing; especially considering the links between herbalife and liver issues happened in 2010. A time period in which a ton of protein shakes were linked to high levels of heavy metals. And this doesn't even take into consideration how often the formula has been changed (this goes for all protein shakes).

Do I think it's worth the money.. no, but I feel the same way about all MLM and over priced protein shakes. Are they quality.. I can't say because I haven't seen any independent research.

But if it's a product that helps people get on track and get fit, and they don't mind spending the money, then it's fine.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Not that I support herbalife,but the notion that 3 anomalies qualifies as causation is a bit disturbing; especially considering the links between herbalife and liver issues happened in 2010. A time period in which a ton of protein shakes were linked to high levels of heavy metals. And this doesn't even take into consideration how often the formula has been changed (this goes for all protein shakes).

Do I think it's worth the money.. no, but I feel the same way about all MLM and over priced protein shakes. Are they quality.. I can't say because I haven't seen any independent research.

But if it's a product that helps people get on track and get fit, and they don't mind spending the money, then it's fine.

Exactly. The macro profiles aren't great and certainly not worth the inflated cost, but beyond that...