Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's just a UK drink but you may get it there and if not good info for the Brits here. But apple Tango (and maybe orange, haven't checked) are full fat sodas but surprisingly low calorie. I think 40 calories a can or there abouts. I was pleasantly surprised! I don't drink soda often and usually go with diet versions when I can.

This thread also explains why the diet versions I had on holiday tasted different to me than usual, different sweeteners! Never occurred to me to check.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Coke zero and diet sprite. Diet coke only if the other two are not available

Sprite zero is better in my opinion.

:kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Coke zero and diet sprite. Diet coke only if the other two are not available

:kissing_smiling_eyes:

I agree. Sprite Zero is much better than diet sprite.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

One of my faves.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Mello Yellow Zero is also way better than any other citrus flavored yellow soda imo.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread but did see it referenced that UK diet is using the original recipie - you should be able to order it online. Not convenient, but still obtainable. There are some snacks from the 80's that I adore that have been discontinued in the states that I will order periodically. Of course in the end you will pay more for it unfortunately.

Alternatively may be look into craft colas - if I remember correctly you live in a big city so I would suspect you have a variety of options. You may actually be able to find the UK version at an international store, unless Pepsi is like some US based candy manufacturers and won't allow it to be sold here.

I don't drink soda so pardon my ignorance, but is regular Pepsi satisfying to you? If so, make it a treat and budget calories for it. At any rate it's frustrating when manufacturers change the recipie to their flagship products.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Who knows, as your taste changes through the pregnancy process maybe you'll find a new favourite soda.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Mello Yellow Zero is also way better than any other citrus flavored yellow soda imo.

Hmmm, I may have to buy some since I hate Diet Mountain Dew
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Man, living off the continent sucks. I want Mello Yello Zero!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I always have 12 packs of coke zero cherry and vanilla and usually a diet cream soda i can only find at wal-mart. . .they will last me months but sometimes at the end of the day you want something sweet and you don't want to break your calorie bank. My doctor told me if they don't cause me headaches or make me want to eat everything in the house there is no reason to avoid. Going to be getting a soda stream when life allows me to have enough money for more than 10 minutes. . .im talking to you perscription glasses. . /sigh

These're 2 reasons why, I had to stop consuming; Vanilla Coke Zero regularly. I realized that I was also then buying, a lot more Advil & groceries, when I bought that soda; thanks to going over receipts & trying to figure, how to cut costs. Plus I also gained a lot of weight then.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Water, LOL. I personally gave up soda, even diet soda, because of the long list of unnatural ingredients in it.
    There is no 'long list of unnatural ingredients' in soda, or diet soda.... Aspartame is just 2 amino acids.

So...
    LisaKay91 wrote: »
    It's a forum, you asked for suggestions because you didn't like that soda anymore. Drinking water instead of any soda is a great suggestion, healthiest for you and your baby, but you do whatever you want, of course.

It seems to me she asked about other soda-like alternatives... water is nothing like soda in taste or feel. Suggesting water instead of another soda is like someone asking what type of beef cut is better tasting and you tell them turkey legs.

Yeah. ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Man, living off the continent sucks. I want Mello Yello Zero!
    It's on the Coke Freestyle machine website. Look for a Burger King!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max is the best of the diet colas.

I personally make my own (Sodastream carbonater, homemade syrup), but Pepsi Max, Sprite Zero, and whatever they now call Diet Sierra Mist are my favorite diet sodas. Diet dew is fine too.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'd just switch to water. ;) All of those chemical sweeteners are not good for health. They are possible causes of everything from cancer to migraines. I'd avoid it. I've avoided it since 2000 or so. I never liked diet soda and would rather have none than drink that disgusting aftertaste. aspartame is the worst in my opinion for aftertaste. But they are 100 times or so more addictive than regular sugar too. What better time to give it up than during pregnancy when chemicals would not be a good thing to introduce to a fetus.

I know you said you aren't asking why you shouldn't but I'm just saying if you don't like the taste now would be a time to cut it out. It has zero value for a person and that is just my opinion. I have the occasional full sugar soda which I know also has no value in my diet. So I get that people want it but if you don't like the taste don't drink it. For the record I stopped drinking soda(regular i never drank diet) for caffeine reasons. ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'd just switch to water. ;) All of those chemical sweeteners are not good for health. They are possible causes of everything from cancer to migraines. I'd avoid it. I've avoided it since 2000 or so. I never liked diet soda and would rather have none than drink that disgusting aftertaste. aspartame is the worst in my opinion for aftertaste. But they are 100 times or so more addictive than regular sugar too.

Citation needed
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd just switch to water. ;) All of those chemical sweeteners are not good for health. They are possible causes of everything from cancer to migraines. I'd avoid it. I've avoided it since 2000 or so. I never liked diet soda and would rather have none than drink that disgusting aftertaste. aspartame is the worst in my opinion for aftertaste. But they are 100 times or so more addictive than regular sugar too. What better time to give it up than during pregnancy when chemicals would not be a good thing to introduce to a fetus.

I know you said you aren't asking why you shouldn't but I'm just saying if you don't like the taste now would be a time to cut it out. It has zero value for a person and that is just my opinion. I have the occasional full sugar soda which I know also has no value in my diet. So I get that people want it but if you don't like the taste don't drink it. For the record I stopped drinking soda(regular i never drank diet) for caffeine reasons. ;)

......... have you even read anything beyond the first post here?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    LisaKay91 wrote: »

......... have you even read anything beyond the first post here?

I am guessing so because of the: "I know you said you aren't asking why you shouldn't", which wasn't in the 1st post!