You NEED to stop calorie counting and restricting!

Options

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    debrag12 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »
    ErinSot wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Don't get me started on the people like durianrider and freelee who say all kinds of ridiculous nonsense. They are like "smash in the calories! no one gets fat off fruit!" but then they are biking 120k a day on their bikes and burning thousands and thousands of calories each and every day.

If you want someone who can give you some information based on actual science and actual facts NOT nonsense woo woo i suggest the following:

Unnatural Vegan

OMG she and him say SO much that makes no sense! I found the unnatural vegan through my research and she makes so much more logical sense

Freelee is confusing. I watched a video of hers where she advocated eating lots and lots of bananas. Those bananas in large quantities have many calories! I don't get how she stays so slim even with all the biking and working out she does.

I don't get her 'raw till 4' crap. What suddenly happens at 4?

I was confused too so I looked into it and apparently according to her you need to eat raw foods before cooked otherwise you won't digest it well. Total bs hahaha

Lol a salad with roasted tomatoes must be the stuff of her nightmares!
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've lost 94 lbs (and reached my goal) by counting calories, weighing and measuring food, making sure I'm including the right macros, and exercising. You can't imagine the number of people who say, "You look fantastic!" THEN they say, you should try THIS diet, or that gimmick - as if what I've been doing didn't work!!! Earth to idiots! I'm doing just fine, thank you!

Congrats!!

And ugh people are the worst!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've lost 94 lbs (and reached my goal) by counting calories, weighing and measuring food, making sure I'm including the right macros, and exercising. You can't imagine the number of people who say, "You look fantastic!" THEN they say, you should try THIS diet, or that gimmick - as if what I've been doing didn't work!!! Earth to idiots! I'm doing just fine, thank you!

Awesome job!!!! and yes on people, i've gotten the sideways glances telling them my "secret" and there has to be something else to it.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Again, I am very happy that so many people on this site have had success with calorie counting. Having said that, I do not know a single person, or know a person who knows a person, who counts calories. And many of these people have lost weight or have maintained the correct weight. Why? Because for most people, weighing and measuring and counting every morsel of food you eat is a total non-starter.
    So you have never known anyone who used Weight Watchers either? They use a different method, but it's still calorie counting.

ohhhh maybe they live UNDER A ROCK or a pineapple under the sea.... I mean, if you keep a tiny circle of friends and you ask them no personal questions I can see this as true. oh and they are all naturally fit and healthy....

Can't be a pineapple under the sea. I mean, have you seen Patrick?
  • tommygutt
    tommygutt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight is math, that said.. you dont HAVE to calculate to actually loose some weight.
    I like how people are different and find their way to Rome on a different path than every other person out there.
    I like how I do things, but I do not get annoyed because someone else do things differently.
    People care too much about what opinions others have.
    IMO.. You may ask about other peoples opinions, but then you should make up your own.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Again, I am very happy that so many people on this site have had success with calorie counting. Having said that, I do not know a single person, or know a person who knows a person, who counts calories. And many of these people have lost weight or have maintained the correct weight. Why? Because for most people, weighing and measuring and counting every morsel of food you eat is a total non-starter.
    So you have never known anyone who used Weight Watchers either? They use a different method, but it's still calorie counting.

ohhhh maybe they live UNDER A ROCK or a pineapple under the sea.... I mean, if you keep a tiny circle of friends and you ask them no personal questions I can see this as true. oh and they are all naturally fit and healthy....

Can't be a pineapple under the sea. I mean, have you seen Patrick?

True, but that squidward, he's a lean mean crazy machine,
  • chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have not got the answer yet then allow me to provide it:
    A long-term intervention with an unrestricted-calorie, high-vegetable-fat Mediterranean diet was associated with decreases in bodyweight and less gain in central adiposity compared with a control diet. These results lend support to advice not restricting intake of healthy fats for bodyweight maintenance.
    http://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(16)30085-7/abstract

News outlets read this and jumped to the wrong conclusion.
  • eringrace95_
    Options

This!
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Counting makes it real... you can't ignore the results if you see "red" every night and you were over your totals for the day.
  • shamani5
    shamani5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are certain people tho that are always stick thin no matter what they eat (my bf is one of them grrr) so what's up with that? Fast metabolism?
  • eringrace95_
    Options
    Counting makes it real... you can't ignore the results if you see "red" every night and you were over your totals for the day.

Yep!!